2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Nothing personal ladies, but I am really glad to see that I'm in good company! I told a friend of mine today...my brain is ready to go back to work and get back to living my normal life, but my body is just not cooperating! LOL I'm at 5 weeks tomorrow and so frustrated that I'm still moving like a 98 year old woman. I'm 42, in good physical condition for the most part and think I should be doing so much better by now. The pain on my left side seems to be gone as of yesterday, but I'm still taking it easy today. I guess most of us are so used to just working through our pain or sickness because, as women, we pretty much have to. So, this major surgery has found a way to kick us in our butts and we aren't liking it at all. Maybe we should just sit back and enjoy it, I mean how often do we women get an opportunity like this??

Good luck to everyone! It seems that most of us are experiencing a lot of the same things and that is a huge relief to me. At least I know I'm not in this alone and that I'm more normal in my recovery than I feel.

Thank you ladies!!
Suzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:15 PM

Thanks you guys! If it was not for all of you and this board I think I would have gone over the edge by now!

Here's to all of us starting to worry less and feeling better very soon!!
Unread 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm kinda' back

It's been a week today that I went in for the unexpected hemorroidectomy. I haven't been doing much reading or posting here. I'm sorry for that. My neighbor had to rush me to the dr. this morning b/c I was crying so hard from the pain. This 2nd surgery was 5 times harder than the hyster for me, personally. I was healing so well from my tvh. Never in my life have I suffered this much for this long. I used up the 50 dilaudid pills my doc gave me last Monday. In addition to those, I've needed demerol, ultram and xanax. I walk like a 90 yr old woman. I'm lying down most of the time every day. Yesterday, I slept as much as I was awake. My poor family. I can't cook or clean. My kids heard me on the phone crying twice.
On a happy note, it sounds like most of you, (my extended family) are improving with time. I'm so glad for that. For those who've had complications, I know it isn't any fun. It's stressful, hurtful, anger rousing. It what makes us all scared before we have a procedure. "oh, i hope i don't get what this one member got". I hope this is the end of the process for us. We used to have gyn problems, we no longer do. C'mon honeymoon phase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswillie
Wow! That was quite a talk. It certainly had great results anyhow. Good for you! For alot of people that might have been hard to do but I would have done the same thing. I always feel better when I talk things out wiht DH. I don't always get the fantastic results you did but it still always helps. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you are feeling better. Also I am glad you didn't stay quiet any longer!
thanks mrs willie. I hesitated talking to him for awhile because I let my anger get the best of me. Things are so much better now.
Unread 11-05-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Ok just wondering if any of you have felt this. Warning more whining and complaining ahead...Yesterday I felt a pain in my lower right abdomen that I would describe feeling like a very sore pulled muscle. It continued to hurt when I moved around but is ok if I am still. Today I still have that pain but the level has increased but again I only have it when I am moving if I lay or sit still it does not bother me. I am starting to get upset because I feel things should be better than this at this point. (5 weeks this friday) It seems like it is always something with me. At 41 I would not have thought I would have had this difficult a time getting through this without so many aches and pains daily. I also am so weary of worrying all the time about every ache or pain wondering is it an adhesion forming, did I overdo, is there a problem, etc!! I just want to feel better full time and not worry anymore!!
Ok sorry for being whiny and thanks for listening.
I should have put this in the post I just made. Sorry. I had that lower right abdomen pain today. I've never had that before. Mine also felt like I pulled something. I know what you mean about being upset. I have been so careful about lifting, bending but I always worry too with every little thing I do. I'm 45 and always been pretty active. I feel the same, like I should getting through this better. Hang in there! Our time will come. We all deserve to be able to whine and this is the place to do it. Hope your feeling better soon.
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhyster
I should have put this in the post I just made. Sorry. I had that lower right abdomen pain today. I've never had that before. Mine also felt like I pulled something. I know what you mean about being upset. I have been so careful about lifting, bending but I always worry too with every little thing I do. I'm 45 and always been pretty active. I feel the same, like I should getting through this better. Hang in there! Our time will come. We all deserve to be able to whine and this is the place to do it. Hope your feeling better soon.
Thankyou!! Everytime one of you "normalizes" one of my problems it really helps. Thanks so much for letting me vent, and responding to the post. I hope we all continue to improve. Healing thoughts all around!
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I can imagine your frustration! I have only had that issue with the other end. What does the doctor say about this? I hope you can get it resolved soon and feel better!!
My new urologist says it is probably due to swelling & thinks that it will get better with time. If not, she wants to do some tests before going in to adjust the sling. The doctor that did the surgery seemed to be totally clueless or just wasn't willing to take the time to explain what was going on. I can't even go into what a horrible experience I had with the 1st doctor, I get toooooo angry! I feel like I'm in good hands now & hopefully things will start getting better soon.
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahonurse
It's been a week today that I went in for the unexpected hemorroidectomy. I haven't been doing much reading or posting here. I'm sorry for that. My neighbor had to rush me to the dr. this morning b/c I was crying so hard from the pain. This 2nd surgery was 5 times harder than the hyster for me, personally. I was healing so well from my tvh. Never in my life have I suffered this much for this long. I used up the 50 dilaudid pills my doc gave me last Monday. In addition to those, I've needed demerol, ultram and xanax. I walk like a 90 yr old woman. I'm lying down most of the time every day. Yesterday, I slept as much as I was awake. My poor family. I can't cook or clean. My kids heard me on the phone crying twice.
On a happy note, it sounds like most of you, (my extended family) are improving with time. I'm so glad for that. For those who've had complications, I know it isn't any fun. It's stressful, hurtful, anger rousing. It what makes us all scared before we have a procedure. "oh, i hope i don't get what this one member got". I hope this is the end of the process for us. We used to have gyn problems, we no longer do. C'mon honeymoon phase!
So glad to see you back in this neck of the woods. We are all so glad to hear from you. I am sending Thoughts and healing prayers to you every day. Stay Strong you are almost through it!
Unread 11-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmat64
My new urologist says it is probably due to swelling & thinks that it will get better with time. If not, she wants to do some tests before going in to adjust the sling. The doctor that did the surgery seemed to be totally clueless or just wasn't willing to take the time to explain what was going on. I can't even go into what a horrible experience I had with the 1st doctor, I get toooooo angry! I feel like I'm in good hands now & hopefully things will start getting better soon.
That is good news! I'm sorry about your experience with the first doctor. I do not know why so many of them feel they have license to treat people that way. I am glad you found someone willing to listen. I hope she is right and it improves as the swelling lessens.
Unread 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
That is good news! I'm sorry about your experience with the first doctor. I do not know why so many of them feel they have license to treat people that way. I am glad you found someone willing to listen. I hope she is right and it improves as the swelling lessens.
I appreciate your kind words! It's nice to be able to vent a little to someone that understands the frustration.

How has your recovery experience been?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register