2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 577 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 01-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 08,2007

Happy New Year ladies,

We got back from Las Vegas late this afternoon. Traffic was pretty heavy coming back. We had a great time. There were 8 of us...dh, dd, dd's boyfriend, myself, my 2 sisters and 2 nieces. We arrived on Wednesday early afternoon. The highlights were we spent New Year's Eve on the Strip. It was crowded but controlled. We did the countdown and then they had a great firework show. New Years Day in the day we went to Circus Circus. All of the kids went to the Adventuredome which is like a small amusement park with rides & games. The rest of us gambled or looked around the hotel. At night we went to dinner to celebrate dd's birthday. Giada (the chef) opened up a restaurant so my niece had made reservations awhile back. Dd was so excited. Prior to dinner my niece surprised dd & her boyfriend with a gondola ride at one of the hotels. On the drive there on Wednesday we caught snow a little heavy at times. The weather was cold through our stay. Day time was in the 30s and low 40s.

We picked up dinner after we picked up our dogs from the vet. They were so happy to see us. We came home ate and relaxed and are watching TV.. Dd left to take her boyfriend home.

No big plans this weekend. Just running errands and getting things in order to start the work week next week. It sure has been nice being off. It really has been relaxing.

Hyper - sounds like you have been enjoying your time off. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas and New Years. Awesome that you were able to clean your closet out...such a great feeling. both you and dd got some great shopping bargains. I'm sure dd is so excited with her laptop as is my dd. Have a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2015, 01:44 PM

Hi ladies,

Back to work today. Hard to get up early again. Yesterday I started with a cough and thought great. I hope it doesn't get too bad. I have to leave early for a dentist appt.

We had a good weekend. Friday evening was just spent relaxing afer we got back from Las Vegas. Saturday morning I went to the gym. On the way back home I stopped to get a latte. I headed home to finish making the list for the market. I went to do that. Late afternoon dd said she wanted to go to mall to shop with her gift cards. We went out for awhile. She found things at the 2 stores. We called dh to see what to pick up for dinner. We then went home and ate and watched TV.

Yesterday we slept in and after breakfast got ready for church. After we ate we took the decorations down. It looks so bare now. LAter on we left to go meet my sisters at the cemetary. We took the decorations down from my parents' trees. This Wednesday they will remove all the trees and decorations. We re-use them each year. We then went to dinner and talked about our trip and how fun it was.

I will probably go to zumba this evening. We are having chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and veggies. Dd works this evening. She started the Winter session today. Both of her classes are on line. She was going to campus to purchase the books.

Hyper - hope you had a good weekend. Was it hard getting back into the routine this morning? Have a good day.
Unread 01-05-2015, 08:22 PM

Hi ladies,

It was hard for all of us getting up this morning. I felt tired today.

We had a good weekend. On Friday dh went to therapy, then ran a few errands. Dd and lds watched a movie together. Bds had to work. I made soup and sandwiches for supper. We watched tv in the evening.

On Saturday dh and I went to lunch and then grocery shopping. I put everything away when I got home. Dd went to her friends house. Bds had to work. Dh and I had a late lunch so we weren't really hungry for supper. I put a couple pizzas in the oven for the kids. We watched tv in the evening.

On Sunday we went to church. After church I took all of the Christmas things down and undecorated the tree. We put it in the garage. Next week we will put it out on garbage day and they will take it. I did laundry and cleaned house. It took most of the day. I made breakfast for supper.

Bds and his gf were here when I got home from work. I invited her to stay for dinner. I made baked pasta, salad and crusty bread. We talked with bds and his gf for awhile after dinner. We are watching some tv.

Scrapper it looked like you had a good time in Las Vegas. Your weekend sounded good. Yes, it does look bare without the Christmas decorations and tree. That's nice that dd's classes are online. Yes, it was hard getting back into the routine.

Have a good evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Good morning ladies,

I have a variety of things to work on today. My boss is off on vacation this week. It is a great week to catch up on things. Phones aren't too heavy since our schools are still off until Monday.

When I got home yesterday, dd and her boyfriend were there. She was getting ready for work and was dropping her boyfriend off at the park. he was going to play soccer with some of his friends. I went to zumba. Dh and I got back at the same time. Dd got home shortly after much earlier than her regular time. she said that none of the students showed up. She said she was talking to the manager in charge of scheduling the calendar of the cake decorating classes. they were planning for the rest of this month. We had dinner then watched TV. Dd got her books yesterday.

We are having hamburgers today. I am headed to zumba. Dd said she isn't going today because her godmother is coming over to drop off her birthday gift. We will watch TV and relax this evening.

Hyper - how is therapy going for dh? sounds like you had a good weekend. It will probably take us a few days to get back into the routine of getting up early. I have been trying to get to bed earlier. My goal is between 10-10:30. So far so good. Have a good day.
Unread 01-06-2015, 04:48 PM

Hi ladies,

Work was good. Our classes don't start until Monday. Today we washed and sanitized all of the toys, and our room.

After school today I took lds to the doctor. He feel on his heel last week at gymnastics. He has been telling me it hurts. They took and xray and it showed a crack and separation in his heel bone. They will send the xray to the radiologist for an official diagnosis. The doctor will call me on Thursday. In the meantime, he wrapped it. He has to stay off of it as much as he can. No phy ed and no gymnastics.

We had leftover pasta for supper. We will watch some tv this evening.

Scrapper it will be nice if you have a quiet week at work. I agree, it will take a few days to get back in the routine. Dh's therapy is going pretty well. He's slowly getting the use back in his finger and it's a lot straighter than it was.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-07-2015, 10:08 AM

Hi ladies,

So far I have been mking good progress at work. I've been getting things done. I haven't heard from my boss so that means no extra work until she gets back. I may get outdoors today for a walk since it is nice weather.

when I got home yesterday dd and her boyfriend were there. They ordered a pizza and were having dinner. I got ready to go to zumba. She really worked us out yesterday. I got home and had dinner and relaxed and watched TV until dd got back. Dh got home with things we needed from Costco.

Today we are having our asian chicken salad for dinner. We haven't had it in awhile. I left a list of things we needed from the market. Dd said she would go get the stuff. I think she will come to zumba with me this evening. We will watch TV and relax after dinner.

Hyper - that is nice that you have time to prep before classes begin next week. Oh poor lds. I guess that is why it has hurt him. That is good news that the therapy is helping dh get movement back in his finger. Have a good day!
Unread 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM

Hi ladies,

Today school is closed due to the extreme cold. It is -9 with a windchill of -25. I let dd and lds sleep an hour later than their normal time. They thought I was waking them up for school. They were pretty happy to hear school was canceled. Bds has to work this afternoon. I will take him. We are just relaxing and staying warm today. I'm making grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and a veggie for supper.

Scrapper glad you are able to get things done at work. How have your knees been feeling?

Have a good day.
Unread 01-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Good morning ladies,

It is a nice quiet morning. I'm glad becuase the cough I started with on Sunday has turned into a bad cold. I decided that I am taking tomorrow off to rest. I may go to the urgent care clinic in the morning. It is very quiet at work and my boss won't be back until Monday.

Yesterday when I got home dd was ordering pictures from Walgreens. they had a sale for 9 cents a print minimum 100 prints. We went to zumba and had a great workout. We had dinner then watched TV and relaxed.

Today dd is going to schedule a haircut appt for later today or tomorrow. We are going to zumba. After dinner we will watch TV and just relax.

Hyper - how did you all enjoy your day at home yesterday? Wow that is cold! My knees are doing OK. some days are better than others. Our cold weather hasn't helped. Hope you have a good day.
Unread 01-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Hi ladies,

Yesterday the kids and I watched tv and relaxed most of the day. I took bds to work in the afternoon. I made chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for supper. We watched tv in the evening.

Today back to school and work. I spent the day getting things ready for a class my boss had tonight. After I left work, it was announced that all evening classes and activities are cancelled due to weather. It is very windy and it snowed. The wind is causing whiteout conditons. I decided to pick up food for dinner. We will watch tv this evening.

Scrapper I'm sorry you have a cold. Good idea to stay home tomorrow and rest. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day.
Unread 01-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Good morning ladies,

It felt good to sleep in. I plan to pretty much rest today. I do have to go run a few errands later today. I had breakfast and am going to go through my mail. I have it on my bed and will go over shortly. the dogs usually hop up with me.

Dd is having her breakfast now. She said she is going to do some of her homework and then go out with her boyfriend.

The only plans we have this weekend are on Sunday. We are celebrating dd's and my niece's birthday on dh's side of the family. So I have to order the food today and go get paper goods.

Dd works tomorrow and then all Michaels are having an Open House from 11 to 3. They are promoting all of their classes. I believe there is a big discount on the classes.

Hyper - good idea to pick up dinner. The weather sounded pretty scary with whiteout conditions. Hope you have a good day and enjoy your weekend!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register