2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-08-2007, 01:28 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by northof49
Hi ladies: I just got back from the dr's. It was at 11:30 am and I'm just getting home at 2:00 pm. The doctor saw that I was still stuggling to walk and then I gave her the daily chart I had been doing since I was readmitted to hospital. She got me on the table and started poking and proding. When she was proding me on the outside of my belly, on the right side near my incision I was in a lot of pain. Well, she sent me right to the hospital (which is across the street from her office) for an ultrasound. The tech said she didn't see any further haematomas but wouldn't say anything else. I was given another prescription for pain meds and I have to go back to the doctor in two weeks. I also got another doctors note to extend my leave off work. I'm housebound for another month! The note says I can't return to work before December 7! I knew I needed a little more time but I didn't realize it was that much! I guess I'll have to switch from watching the leaves fall to watching the snow fall!

I don't really feel too bad today. I'm just tired from the running around and all the proding. On a good note, she said the inside looks like it has healed well. I guess I just need time to heal.

murphmuffin; I am a cop and I'm on the road. I couldn't imagine going to a call! Could you imagine that?

Hope you ladies have had a nice afternoon. Looks like it's back to the couch for me!

Hello

I am glad you got the extra time you wanted! I am also glad all is healing well on the inside. Will you get a call about the ultrasound or do you have to wait the full 2 weeks to find out? Well take advantage and rest as much as you can!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM

What a long afternoon!!! I have to say I am very exhausted. My appointment today turned into 2 and i was there four three hours and guess I am not losing my mind Emotionally I feel great for the first time since surgery and physically I am feeling a little better, I am very sore today, but I also did alot these last 2 days. I am not suprised.

Mrswillie you are not alone on sleeping issue, When I finally fall asleep I am up in an hour and it happens that way throughout the night. You can't help but wonser if it will ever end! I do hope that you are starting to feel better

And thank you ladies for thinking of me today!

Jenn
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM

wackadoo, I am so happy for you! It's so good to hear that you're feeling better both emotionally and physically. I'll be praying that you continue to feel better everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoo
What a long afternoon!!! I have to say I am very exhausted. My appointment today turned into 2 and i was there four three hours and guess I am not losing my mind Emotionally I feel great for the first time since surgery and physically I am feeling a little better, I am very sore today, but I also did alot these last 2 days. I am not suprised.

Mrswillie you are not alone on sleeping issue, When I finally fall asleep I am up in an hour and it happens that way throughout the night. You can't help but wonser if it will ever end! I do hope that you are starting to feel better

And thank you ladies for thinking of me today!

Jenn
That is great news!! So glad to hear things worked out. I hope the good feelings continue.

I am feeling better. I am just tired and a little behind where others are, but I know there are improvements and in time there will be even more. Sorry to hear you are having the same sleep issues. I hope this passes for both of us quickly. Are you taking HRT? I don't remember if I asked you that before.

I will continue to send positive thoughts your way!!
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Thank you both!
I am taking 2 mg Estrace a day, I admitt I forget a day here or there and by the second day I am having hot flashes and then I remember I did not take my pills.
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:36 PM

Today for some reasonn I am in quite a bit of pain across my stomache. I am in need of ice and I feel once again like I have a fever. I will take my temp. if I can find the thermometer. I went to the doctoers with my dauhter today and put a pair of jeans on for the first time. Do you think having the jeans on caused the pain. They weren't that tight, but snug.And maybe from sitting in them and pushing on my tummy?
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobtrue
Today for some reasonn I am in quite a bit of pain across my stomache. I am in need of ice and I feel once again like I have a fever. I will take my temp. if I can find the thermometer. I went to the doctoers with my dauhter today and put a pair of jeans on for the first time. Do you think having the jeans on caused the pain. They weren't that tight, but snug.And maybe from sitting in them and pushing on my tummy?
I am not sure. maybe. I know I tried a pair of jeans on this morning and still can not get even close to getting in them. Take your temp. If there is no fever put on some loose stretchy pants, put your feet up and rest. That will probably help. It seems to help me alot to rest as needed.
Healing thoughts to you
Unread 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM

I too wore jeans for the first time today. They were big from all the weight I have lost, but when i sat the button laid right on my belly button it became uncomfortable after a while. I am very sore in my muscles I have changed back into my jammies and put up my feet. I feel more comfy and in time I am sure my muscles will relax too.
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM

yep,just had some Chinese take out and I'm ready for rest now. I hope I have more energy tomorrow. Alot around here still needs to be done. I still havent gone thru my file cabinet. lol Hope you all have a nice night. Good dreams! Tina
Unread 11-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I love you ladies

To all of my sisters here:
I want to say that I love you and I thank you for your loving thoughts, words and prayers. My flu is lightening up and I was able to eat a cereal bar this morning and even sip on some coffee while my kids were having their teeth cleaned BEFORE school. 7:00 and 7:30 appts....ugh.
Then I came home and prepared their lunches, finally dh drove them to school. Well, as they were leaving I went to the bathroom and had the ABSOLUTE WORST bm of my life. I had a hem surgery 1.5 weeks ago and have had very liquid stool ever since which is a godsend. Not today. The 2 day flu got me confused and I hadn't been taking my colace, fiber caps or milk of magnesia. The pain of the constipated stool caused my legs to violently tremble. I lost a lot of blood too. I jumped into the bath, then got out and lied on the couch. I sobbed and medicated for an hour. Then my dh rushed me to surgeon's office. I could hardly walk. I had folks in the elevator helping me to the office I needed. I told the girl that I need to see my doc and could I please lay down until he can see me. I couldn't. So I stood in the waiting room silently crying. Then I lied down on the ottoman in the waiting rm. Finally, placed in a rm where I could lie down. Doc saw me, examined me, and told me I'd ripped a lot of tissue inside. He said that it would heal, but does take time. He said keep taking pain pills until the pain is under control. I've had at least 6 dilaudid and 2 ultram plus 2 xanax. The pain is about a 2/10 now. It's just horrible. A blessing happened though. A good aquantaince called me out of the blue to ask how I'm doing. I told her what today had been like and she said she'd pray for me right after hanging up and again tonight after work. I couldn't believe the timing of her call. I told her I'd love that.
I need to close this, as I can't even focus my eyes, but wanted you to know the latest. Stay on your softeners, sisters. Pray for yourselves for healing, peace and tenacity.
Pray for mental saneness and quick healing for me, if you desire to. I'll keep you up. Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register