2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Oh my gosh idahonurse..I can remember when you were starting to do so well. I also will say a prayer for you. When I read what you wrote, my heart sank for you. Please start taking it easy. As if you just got home from the castle from what I am reading. may God Bless you. Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 06:53 PM

My goodness Idahonurse, your post makes me want to fly to Idaho and hold your hand. Please rest. Since I can't hold your hand I can pray. I will pray and send as many positive healing thoughts your way as I can. PLEASE rest and keep up with your medications.
Peace to you, Jan
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:16 PM

MrsWillie,
My oncologist started me on Premarin 0.3 and told me if it doesn't help after a week to double it. I spoke to my regular gyn who did my surgery with teh oncologist and he gave me a RX for .625 he said .3 was not enough for me. Now get this, I need to use the mail away pharmacy for extended prescriptions so I send the higher dose RX in and they lost it so they ask me to have the doctor fax a new RX in and the doctor is off until Monday, so the doctors office told me to come in to get samples until I see him again next week and we can get a new RX. At least now I can take 2 pills a day until I see the doctor.

I went to my PCP today and he was talking to me and all of a sudden I burst into tears, he was uh oh what the heck did I say, I told him this happens all the time, he told me as soon as the higher dosage of Prmarin kicks in I should feel better. Then he started asking me all these other questions to see if I was depressed or angry or anything like that he told me I was OK but if I felt I was getting depressed to let him or the gyn know so they could give me something to help. He told me my world just caved in around me but it will all work out. thanks Doc I needed that confirmation...actually he did help me hearing it come from the gyn and the PCP that the hormones need to be adjusted and hang in until they are tweaked actually made me feel better. I can deal with the hot flashes and the night sweats but this sudden crying is driving me nuts. I actually woke up crying this morning my poor husband feel helpless, he justs puts his arm around me and lets me get it out of my system, it leaves just as fast as it comes. FRUSTRATING....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswillie
Good Mornig Sisters!

What I would not give for a full night's sleep! I have finally gotten back to where I can fall asleep without laying for hours but I can not stay asleep. Anytime I move I got an instant hot flash/night sweat. I spend all night uncovering cooling down and then getting cold putting the covers back on and having to fall back asleep. This is gross-sorry-but every morning I have to change not only my pj's but my pillow case because it smells from how much my head has sweated at night! This has got be related to why I don't feel quite myself. I feel like all the time I can not seem to regulate my body temperature enough to be comfortable. Pre-op I was one of those people that was always cold. So I would dress correctly and always have an extra sweatshirt or such to put on and I would be ok. Well now I am freezing then warm even when I am not having a flash. It is confounding! I am sorry if this does not make sense. I guess i just can not explain it but I am frustrated!!

Question for Sukipup--I heard you mention that you were switching your Premarin. Did you start right away post op? I have only been on mine for 5 days. It is 0.625 dose because my doctor felt at my age less would be ineffective for my symptoms. At this point I am not sure I won't need more, but others on this board have said it takes 6 weeks to know and before you should switch so I was wondering if your doctor had told you that or something different. This will be one of the things on my list to discuss on my appt on the 15th.

Speaking of appointments I hope yours goes well today northof49. I am not sure what you should ask the doctor. I have questions on my list about bowel troubles, bladder issue, HRT, restrictions, work, fatigue, swelling, and I am sure I will have about 100 more before I go!

Buttons11 I hope you feel better! This is definitely the time of year for a cold. Alot of people around where I live are sick.

Wackadoo and Idahonurse I have been thinking of you both. I hope you are feeling somewhat better today. Please hang in there!! Good thoughts being sent your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2007, 07:26 PM

MrsWillie
One more thing, my surgery was on October 5 and I started the Premarin on October 23. My gyn would not give me the HRT unless the oncologist said it was OK, the oncologist said it was very old school not to give HRT to someone even if they had cancer. I am really glad he thinks that way because I dont think I could take a long period of time on this emotional roller coaster.
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM

Idahonurse I can't even find the right words to tell you how sorry I am for what you are going through. Keep resting. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 11-08-2007, 08:15 PM

Sukipup thanks for all the information! I will see what the doctor says. My doctor had said the same thing about the .3 that is why he started me at 0.625.
Thanks again. I hope the double dose works better for you!
Unread 11-08-2007, 09:32 PM

Have posted here a few times and have a question. I will be 6 weeks next week and I have been gradually working back into a normal routine. I am still following orders not to lift anything over 10 pounds and I am not sweeping, moping, etc. Anyway, yesterday I started to feel some pressure in my vagina.. I am guessing it is the cuff area and I have some pressure in the back end. No bleeding, no discharge or leaking. i was just wondering if anyone had felt this and if it waranted a call to the doc. I am supposed to start back to work part time next week. Just thougth I would poll my sisters here. Thanks!
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM

((Michelle)) I'm so sorry that you had such a rough day today. Stay on schedule with your medication and I hope you feel better each day.
Check back in when you feel up to it. I will keep the prayers coming your way.
Unread 11-08-2007, 11:51 PM

Thankyou, my lovely ladies. My pain is better right now, but I can barely focus on the screeen. Must be extreme fatigue and the meds. God, please let me sleep well tonight, Amen.
Unread 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM

Idahonurse I am so sorry that this has happened to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register