2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

My dear, prayerful sisters,
I have to keep this short, as I am still recovering from yesterday. The pain is better today, and I am keeping close track of my meds so that I don't get behind. (no pun intended)!
wackadoo: I've been married for 13.5 years and had mostly good, but some bad years. I am sorry that there is tension for you at a time when you need peace and harmony to heal your body. I admire you for your attitude. A book that helped me in ways that can't be explained, is called THE POWER OF A PRAYING WOMAN by Stormie OMartian. It helps you work on you and pray for your man, and the man starts behaving in a way that you love. It is amazing. Another book is FOR WOMEN ONLY, and I bought the FOR MEN ONLY for my dh and we did it together. It was great too. Keep venting here, as that is what this place is for.
JoanC: please keep us posted on your vaginal pain, as this makes you anxious and uncomfortable. I hope that you are having normal healing and that this will quickly pass. You and I and mrswillie are all dealing with bowel issues and /or hem probs. I've told mrswillie about my docs suggestion, but I will tell you too. This worked for me until I forgot to do it for a couple of days.
Take the Kirkland or Costco brand fiber caps. They are the generic of Fibercon, so you can find them even if you aren't a Costco member. Take 4 of these every day while drinking plenty of non-caffeinated fluids. Take 300 mg of colace until you are no longer having hard stool. Then back down as you can. My doc said that if you have constipation or diarrhea for a prolonged time, you will get hemorrhoids from hell. Nothing can make them go away, but you can halt their progress and keep your body comfortable by following his regimen. Creams, Tucks, etc only provide local, short term relief. Surgery is unbearable and i wouldn't do it again. If a new way to help them comes along, I would consider it, but it is too brutal right now. Hot baths are supposed to help too. 15 minutes in a hot, shallow bath twice a day is the recommendation. Dairy, caffeine, and sweets are big problems for us who deal w/blossoms. I am cutting way back but not depriving myself. Well, I'll get off my soap box now. I am just so concerned about all of you. I would do anything to help.
North49: it sounds like an awful lot of driving to me. I hope that you can do it and that the reward of seeing your daughter makes it worthwhile. Frequent breaks sounds like a wise idea. Pillows to sit on might be nice too. Good luck.
mrswillie: I hope that you are finding relief for your bowel issues. I will never let myself get behind on them again. Post to me if you have any questions, ok?
My dh left on a business trip yesterday at 2:00 even though I was going thru hell. He will be gone until Saturday night. At least he won't be here acting impatient or feeling angry that I'm not stuffing my face w/lasagna, etc. I hope the break helps him be more merciful and helpful once he gets home. I know our surgeries and aftermath can wear on our men who can't do a lot to fix the situation. I have my boys w/me who have vacuumed and picked up the house already today.
I'll check back later. I ended up being long winded, but it's worth it to help my sisters! Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 04:13 PM

Michelle, thank you for your caring and advice. I really think that my problem is prolaspe vagina!! I should have called the dr. when I first thought that , that was the problem, (I think I felt it go down) but I don't know why I did not.... Now I have to live with it.. It feels as thought I were having my period all over again.. thank you for the advice of fibercon. I will see what I can find at WallMart. I hope your husband comes home with a renewed spirit to help you and your family. Thank goodness for your boys helping you.

I just hope that everyone will be renewed in body and spirit over the weekend..My love and prayers to all of you.
Unread 11-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan C
Michelle, thank you for your caring and advice. I really think that my problem is prolaspe vagina!! I should have called the dr. when I first thought that , that was the problem, (I think I felt it go down) but I don't know why I did not.... Now I have to live with it.. It feels as thought I were having my period all over again.. thank you for the advice of fibercon. I will see what I can find at WallMart. I hope your husband comes home with a renewed spirit to help you and your family. Thank goodness for your boys helping you.

I just hope that everyone will be renewed in body and spirit over the weekend..My love and prayers to all of you.
Joan it is never too late to call the doctor. If you start having more pain or concerns call the service, and somebody should be around tomorrow to answer. Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 06:38 AM

Are these Swelly Bellies never going to go away? Are they here to stay? Oh My God....
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:52 AM

I'm with uou elleanor. I just want toknow if the "twinkie"will ever go away>I have never had any kind of fat on my belly what so ever and I am alittle concerned on how to get rid of this thnig, Time will tell, I guess
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:12 AM

I have the "twinkie" too! Sometimes I wake up and I think it's almost gone but then by the end of the day it's back again! I'm supposed to be going to a friend's for dinner tonight and I'm looking for my fat jeans!
Unread 11-10-2007, 07:16 AM

same here , in the morn. its almost gone, then by eve.....look out...Maybe it will take a long time for it to go away. My son has a gig tonight (bass player) and I was wanting to go, but I have nothing that fits. All my jeans are a size 6. Needless to say they are alittle snug. oh...good morning northof49.
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Good Morning All!!
Swelly belly still in full force here. As is abnormal sleeping and bowels. Bladder spasms this morning. There is alot of me that I would like to return to normal!! Despite all this I am still determined to try and have a darn good weekend! I am still taking it easy and not leaving the house much so I will probably be back to post later on. I know most of you probably have plans, so if you do have a great time, but don't wear yourselves out too much. Great Day to You All!
Unread 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM

i have the same thing with swelly belly too, good in the morning and whoosh swelly at evening time. some days i hurt still, then others no pain.
I wonder why?
last night i went with our family to school gala and walked around for about 2 hours and had a great time, fireworks display was well worth going to. so that is my first family outing since op. i feel good this morning too so know i didn't overdo.
5 weeks tomorrow since op, can't believe it's gone so fast.
have finished all my puzzels and am still working on my ancestry.
karen
Unread 11-11-2007, 02:32 AM

Dear All, I am so glad that you are as concerned as me about the swelly belly, I thought that I was being so very flippant after such an operation. It looks like we must be getting better....
I was told by my doctor that I couldn't do any gym type of exercise until after 3 months post op. I am going to be 6 weeks on Tuesday and I really need to do some sort of exercise (I am now walking 45 minutes a day) to move this fat. I see my doctor on Tuesday and I'll find out what exercises can be done without doing any damage after having been so careful about everything so far. I would hate to undo all the good that has been going on inside (I hope).
Love to you all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register