2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:01 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

well it has been 4 wks and the abdomen stitches are gone and healed the only pain i realy have right now is back pain i feel ineed to get on that ab lounge i am used to seeind a six pack not a swallon gut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:08 PM

I'd check with the doctor to make sure that all is healed before you start working out. If you were in that great shape before operation, it should be an easy ride to return to where you were... as long as its not too early to begin.
Unread 10-09-2007, 06:19 PM

yes mabey u r correct i just worked hard 4 two yrs to get to where i am today physicaly u know but i go to the doc on oct. 23 so i will ask him ide hate to have a nother surgerie u know thanks for listning i hope u your self is doing well lots of love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:21 PM

It has been a week since i got home from the castle! Wow...time sure does fly. Well, actually medication makes time fly!

I am feeling good. This is the first day that I have gone without any medication whatsoever. Wasn't really on purpose as it was, my hubby went back to work and I just didn't think about taking it. Yes, he has helped in many ways. Slept alot and answered alot of phone calls. My boss is asking me when i will be back and i just have no idea what to say on that. My post-op is on Monday, so I am assuming I will know more...but what have you all been told as to when to expect to go back to work?

Incision areas are looking good. The largest one still oozing a bit, but nothing to worry about I think. Can hardly tell the incision they made in my belly button. Still it all amazes me at what they did and how they did it. I just cannot give enough kudos to my doctor and nurses at the castle that took such good care of me.

I want to do something, but not sure what....any of you doing anything for your doc or nurses? if so, mind sharing your ideas?

glad to hear from all of you and as to your progress. for those of you not feeling up to par today, just remember tomorrow is a brand new day and great things are to come for us! might take a little while, but will be worth the pain and suffering we have put up with thus far.

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi Ladies,
My LSH, LSO was on Oct. 5. Today I am feeling pretty good. I have only taken one pain pill since coming home on Saturday afternoon. The hardest part is not doing anything, but sitting and laying around. I am a very active person and this is driving me crazy. When I see something that needs to be done, I want to do it. My family has been wonderful. My dh went back to work today and my son back to school.
I just hope that I continue to improve everyday and will be back to my old self real soon.
Unread 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Before I had surgery (had a TAH on 10-2) my doctor gave my work a letter telling them I most likely wouldn't be back before Nov. 1st. I'll have my first post-op appt. in two days so I'll see how I'm progressing. However, I don't see myself going back to work before that time. The doctor also said if my work involved any physical labor she'd recommend I'd be off for six weeks. Now I'm not sure what the time frame is for other types of surgeries besides mine. Hope that helps somewhat.
Unread 10-09-2007, 06:53 PM
great news to share!

Thanks to grace07 for your comment on going back to work!

I forgot to mention in my last post that I received a call from the doc's office today. I didn't realize I had anything to worry about, which is probably a good thing. But, they called to tell me that all my fibroids came back benign!

I guess, now that I think about it, it does make sense that there would be a possibility. But, never did I even think about whether or not they were. Anyway, GREAT NEWS!!

Just wanted to share with all my hyster sisters!

Unread 10-09-2007, 11:31 PM

Quick note first.
Hang in there wanderingrose we are praying for you.
Today was a great day. I know that I have to take it easy and I have been trying to do just that. I am trying sit for a while then get up and walk around house to streatch and loosen up tightness. I walked my kids to school about 15 minute walk one way. I felt good. My gas and pressure is not too bad during the day not during walking.I went thru kids clothes with husband to get out the winter clothes. I did laundry without bending down more of a squat. I decided to lower my ibupofren to 600mg tonight with percocet to sleep. I am down to two percocets a day with 2- 800 mg ibuprofen.
I have a drainage that might be an infection where they did the lap. I go to the doctor to see about that. I didn't think I would loose weight right away with this surgery. I feel less puffy and lost 5 pounds. Others can see in my face and complection.
thanks for letting me journal
Debbie
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM

could not find yr reply
Unread 10-10-2007, 07:47 AM

iceheart where r u?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register