2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 80 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:03 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hello All!

Well it is cold here today in my neck of the woods. Will be wearing my winter coat for my post op today. When I came home from surgery I was in shorts, it was 90 that day. To me it made that seem so long ago but I guess it just shows the weather is crazy in Illinois!

I am nervous about the appt but will be glad to get everything answered. I wish it was earlier but I will have to be patient until 2:15.

Pam I am so glad things went well with your BF. Be careful to rest some too, I remember your doc said you were not all the way healed yet and you are starting to feel way to good to end up with a setback.

Michelle continue to take care of yourself! Thinking of you often.

Jenn hoping things are still well with you.

I hope all of you have a terrific day. I will check in later.

Jan

Cindy I would love that if I went off to my appt and came home to a newly cleaned home. You are a lucky lady!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:11 AM

mrswillie, it is cold here too, and windy. I was looking at the 10 day forecast yesterday and the are calling for sleet and snow Thanksgiving thru that Sat. after here. Ten days is along way off, so I hope they are wrong. LOL although a little wet snow wouldn't hurt. I'm feeling better every day. Except for a little pain around the incision area. I just wish this "twinkie" thing would start looking like its going away. I have never had any kind of "fat" on my stomache before and it is driving me crazy. Good day to all.... Tina
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:12 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Jan good luck today and keep us posted!

Idahonurse, I am praying for you. I too had an eating problem I couldn't keep anything down, food was far from an intrest to me I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery. Sat I was able to eat a little, I believe my stomach has shrunk, if I eat to much i will lose it. I started with a few bites every hour through out the day. I am still not eating much I am eating one full meal a day right now and trying to take a few bites of whatever throught the day. I believe in time it will get better.

Northof49 I felt numbness as well, I do hope that is only temp.

I am feeling better today still having major BM problems I have been taking a stool softner and it makes it easier but I blocked and my tailbone area get numb when I have to go. I do have a hemroid problem and it is amost as if it is blocking me from going. I have an appointment this morning with a theropist for these panic attacks that i was having, however they are starting to subside. As for my DH I honestly don't know what is going to happen the other night relieved tension between us however we have a major outside diffrence and i have commitment that I need to follow through on and he is trying to except that. He says he needs to think about this for a few days because it comes down to is he willing to let me commit to this work. For me it has helped me incredibaly and set my spiritual foundation back on track and in return it is helping me both physically and emotionally. You know what ever may happen today I can say I am not afraid. I can't run the show when I do things fall apart. There is a plan for me and as long as I do not let my will get in the way of things everything always fall into place. I can not change my DH is thoughts on this I am powerless over how he views what i need to do. So I have found comfort and trust in something way larger then me for that I am grateful!

Well I have to get dressed I have to leave here in an hour. I'll check when I get back home this afternoon.

I want to thank all of you ladies for all of the support and kindness you have given me.

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Natural Sleep Aid

Mrs.Willie.

I use Hylands Calms Forte for a sleep aid. Go to a natural food store to get it. Its wonderful and no side effects the next day. They also have an Insomnia formula.Sleeptime Extra tea works good also

Hope it works!!
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:17 AM

Hi. I've been reading all your posts and hoping for the best for all of us. Idahonurse--you need to write a book when this is over! You are tougher than I am.
Today is my 6 week appt. and I think DH is more excited about it than I am (well, you know why! lol) He had me buy some haircolor that he wanted me to try and I colored my hair yesterday. We both really like it and he acts like he has a new girlfriend! (in a good way, of course)
But I am feeling well, still sore when I do too much and have feelings like this is going to take a long time to completely heal. There are days when I am perky but I still have days when I want to sleep a lot. I too have friends that seem to think I am 'milking' it but I don't care. I know how I feel and I am determined to listen to me, not them. I want to heal right and not hurt myself just because other people think I need to be back to 'normal'. My goodness, I've never been normal, why should I be now! Anyway, I hope you all have a good day. Each day gets better (usually) and for those gals who are still having trouble, I'm sorry. Time heals everything--it just takes longer for some of us. If I could, I'd send you all flowers today!
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:25 AM

you are right Slipperlady, what is normal? I think when we are all through this , maybe a year or more from now, THAT will finally be our "normal" it is something we all probably have never experienced before and I myself look very forward to it. This has been quite the adventure for me, and I am so grateful for all the support and friends that I have made on this site.
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM

Tina I heard that about snow after Thanksgiving here too. I always think when it is that far away that maybe it will change. I am with you with the swelly belly. That is on my list to ask about because I think I am the only one of us that still can not fit back into her pants. I am going to ask about diet and exercise also because it has got to be that too since everyone else got back in their jeans.

Jenn glad you are keeping that appointment even thought they are subsiding. You have had alot going on lately and it may feel great to get it all out.

Sunbelle thank you for the suggestion. I had never heard of that and I am going to get something to try today for sure!! I tried the tea, but it did not work for me and I just have a difficult time drinking herbal tea. I feel they all have a strange flavor that lasts for me even after I finish. I have not been able to have any caffeine since the insomnia started so my DH bought me about 6 flavors of celestial seasonings but I have not liked any of them.

Slipperlady you are so right about "normal." It is so crazy that these people feel they need to place judgements on another person's recovery. It has been really getting me angry because I have heard about it too, through the "grapevine" of course.

I love all of you ladies and we will be here for each other with out judgements!

Be back later with an update~~Jan
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Herbal Teas

Mrs. Willie,

I put honey and lemon in mine. See if that helps. I also have Tension Tamer. It relaxes me. I sleep ok at nite,, just during the day its hard. I try so hard to take a nap.. ! I just lie there ..
then I am ready for bed at 7pm! I hate it.
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:29 AM

Hi Sunbelle,

I have tried honey, as well as sugar, but not lemon. I can try that. This is what happens to me. I feel exhausted all the time, but I do not sleep during the day. At night I will either lay there all night and be unable to sleep until 4 or 5 am and then sleep for 2-3 hours or I will fall asleep after laying for about an hour-hour and a half and then wake up in 3-4 hours and not be able to get back to sleep. So the most I sleep is 2-4 hours a night if I am lucky. I am so frustrated,and exhausted because my body for many years has been going to bed at 10 sleeping sound and getting up with the alarm at 5:30 or 6. If left to wake on my own I usually would wake about 7:30 or 8. So never have I had these problems before the hyster. It is awful!
Unread 11-15-2007, 12:01 PM

I just had the best/worst morning. I went to my friends and we had a great visit. We had donuts and coffee and just had a great talk. So she had to take her daughter to preschool where my kids go to school. I had to go to school to drop off something for my DS. I got there a couple seconds before her parked and got out of the car. When you walk off the parking lot to the sidewalk there is a small step up. Well, I tripped over the step and fell flat on my face. Luckily I fell mostly on my hands and knees instead of my stomach. My purse and keys went flying. My 4yr old DS is trying to get my keys and purse my friend comes running to see if I'm o.k. It was painful and humiliating. I'm pretty sure I didn't hurt anything on the inside but my knees are severly bruised and skinned up and they hurt like all get out. What a clutz!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register