2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 81 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

oh hyperhyster..sore you will be. That was one of my nightmares through this was falling or tripping over something. Hope your O.K. You should be pretty healed inside by know I'm thinking, but listen to your body for the next couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM

Thanks twobtrue. I'm not too worried because you're right I should be pretty healed by now. I'm going to mention it at my post op tomorrow. My dr is going see my knees anyway and probably ask me what happened. I'd be more worried if I was only two or three weeks post op and this happened. For the first time it's not my tummy that hurts its my knees. I will definitely be more sensitive when one of my kids falls and skins their knees.
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Oh Cindy! Sorry this happened! It can happen to anyone please don't feel like a clutz. I think you are right about being pretty well healed, but even pre op a fall could make you sore for a little bit. Take a couple of ibuprofen for those knees. I am off to my appt. I will check in later!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks Jan. I hope your post op goes well. I'll look forward to hearing from you later.
Unread 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Whaaaa,
can I pout b/c I can't go to my 6 wk post op appt like all of my compadres here? My appt was supposed to be 9:30 am today. It got cancelled yesterday, b/c they could get me in yesterday afternoon instead. I was suffering the effects of dehydration and thought my doc could save me, duh. I ended up in the er instead of the ob/gyn office. Now I can't see the doc until Tuesday. I knew he wouldn't be releasing me today, as I can't work right now. But I'm a little envious of all you ladies who started this journey at the same time. Granted, I had an unexpeted adventure that we all know about.
I am doing better today. Still cold, restless and easily out of breath. I am forcing down food and liquids though, and it hasn't been too bad. Nothin's tried to escape so far. Ha Ha
I have a friend here who spent hours cooking, baking and gathering food just for lil 'ol me. Wow.
I hope we all keep coming here even when we start working. I know I will, especially on those night shifts. I CANNOT WAIT to tell you all that I am a bundle of energy again. I'm thinking 95-98 pounds would feel pretty good too. I'm supposed to be napping while my friend buys a chicken at costco, so better go. God bless, I'll come back this afternoon.
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Ok ladies, I'm back from the doctors and cleared for 'everything'. She just told me that if something doesn't feel right--don't do it. Everything is healing and in a few weeks I should be able to increase my exercise; she said I could ride my bike then if I want. (I probably won't want to then as it will be in the middle of winter!) But things are looking up. Yay!!!
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Slipperlady that is great news! Thanks for spreading the hope!
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:23 PM

idahoenurse, I hope that you keep improving and get your appetite back. I was one going thru a bad time in my marriage and lost my appetite for almost a year then a friend told me to eat popcorn and I would get my tast for food back.. I did as he said and it really did work. You might try that also. You are able to eat it arn't you? Prayers go out to you.

slipperlady, that is great news, so happy when I hear someone is feeling better.. Hope I hear it from all of you soon..
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:41 PM

slipperlady that is great news! So happy to hear that everything went well.
idahonurse I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Your time will come when you're going to be telling us good news. When that time comes we are all going to be cheering for ya!! Keep eating and drinking and resting.
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Sleeping

Hi, I have been so busy now that I am able to do a bit. I hope everyone is taking it easy. I try to listen when the little voice says, 'probably shouldn't do that". But it is hard to do.

Here are some sleeping tips that really helped me:

-Half an hour before bed, take a shower. At the end of it alternate beween the hot and cold water. Hot then as cold as you can stand it for 30 seconds, hot for 30 seconds and then cold for 30 seconds. I don't know why this helps. It does something to the muscles or your frontal lobe. But it does help.

-Get in bed and relax. Starting with your feet, tense up for 10 seconds, then release. Move up to your legs and so on. Then tense up your whole body and release it.

-Do deep breathing from your abdomen. Do at least 10 deep breaths and slowly let it out.

Those I heard from a Dr. They really do help. I mostly do the shower and the breathing. Also if it is bad, I count backwards from 1000 by 3s. If I am still awake, I get out of bed and read a dull book until I feel groggy.

I only do all those when I have insomnia. Mostly I get away with the 1st and 3rd things.

Hope that helps!

Ps I had my 6 week yesterday. It felt really good to get the clearance to slowly start exercising. I decided to start my Christmas shopping while I was downtown. I parked on the 5th floor of a garage and didn't realize the elevator was broken. I walked the 5 flights up and down. I don't think that was really what the Dr. had in mind...but I am no worse for the wear today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register