2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi Ladies,
My post op was ok. Doc took one look inside and said all the stitches were still there and I am still not healed. Also had more pain and swelling than he expected in the tummy. I have to take it easy for a few more weeks. He said I could return to work on December 3rd.
No lifting, sweeping, or vacuuming. Also no clearance for intimacy with DH.
He also did not change the hormones or give me sleeping pills. He said give myself more time to adjust and it would work out. Said the same thing about the swelly belly. He does not want me to diet or limit calories until after week 12 and no exercise besides walking. In other words he was no help!
I am going to try the suggestions given to me by the real helpers, my hyster sisters. I will try the natural sleep aids, the shower, and the deep breathing. I will go into it with a positive attitude expecting it to work.

Thank you Cindy for thinking of me during my appointment. I hope yours goes better tomorrow.

Slipperlady and Cutitout I am really glad things went well for you.

Michelle so glad you are eating and drinking. Your friend sounds wondeful, but that does not surprise me that someone as nice as you would have wonderful friends. I am definitely going to keep posting even when I am back at work so I will look forward to hearing that you are full of energy again!!

Love to all and I will check in later,
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Jan we are here for you! You will be in my prayers. I know this was not what you wanted to hear from the dr. Take it easy, rest and enjoy the help with housework while you can.
I know when I go for my appointment and the doctor says I am okay it will be back to my old duties so just for today I will enjoy getting the help when I needed and rest when my body tells me.

Jenn
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:29 PM

Jan, you've been so upbeat and positive with me, it makes me sad that you got bad news today, ot that any of us deserves bad news. Is there any positives in not going back to work soon? Are you financially ok with this? I am going over my time by a week at least. My mom gave me a gift of money while she was here, and it will come in handy.
Get well quick. The good news is this: when you are well, you are going to feel sooo much better than you do now.
God bless, Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Thanks Jenn and Michelle. Well all along my progress seems to have been a little slow so I should have expected it. Everything with work will be ok because my planned return date was the 26th so this is really only one week beyond that. I just have to keep that positive outlook that things will improve and I will begin to get more sleep. Hopefully he is right and things with my swelly belly and my sleep will improve with more rest. December 3rd will be here before I know it, and if i can get my sleep in check I bet I will be doing alot better then. Thank you guys very much for your concern and kindness.

Jenn how did your appointment go today? Michelle I hope you are starting to get a little bit more hydrated. I look forward to posting with you when we are back to work and you have more energy and I am back to my old sleep pattern!

Until tomorrow restful healing thoughts to all!
Jan
Unread 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM

Jan my heart sank when I read your post. You have been so supportive to me and everyone. I so wanted you to have a good post op. But you have a great attitude about it. Good for you! Hopefully some of the remedies for sleep will help you and you will be able to handle going back to work better. It won't be long and you will be giving us good news. Do you have another follow up appt.? I'll be praying for quick healing for you. Take care.
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM

Dear All
Mrs Willie - I totally understand how frustrating not sleeping is. I was looking at an insomniac site and ways of getting back into a sleep pattern. It does say that if you are unable to sleep you begin to fear going to bed because you "know" that you are going to have a sleepless night. That you should try and relax as much as possible, don't eat later than 5 or 6 o clock so that you don't have food lying in your stomach. It may be worth having a look. I am trying their methods out, but my expectations are too high and I must'nt expect it to happen straight away.
Swelly Bellies - WELL!!! From reading these postings I really thought it was here to stay and mine is still the same size it was when I came out of hospital. I went for my 6 week post op on Tuesday and I deeply expressed my concerns about this attachment. The doctor did assure me that with diet and exercise it would start to go down. I AM pleased that with work it isn't a permanent fixture however, pre op I didn't have one, so what have these surgeons done to us eh? You would have thought that after taken all types of our anatomy out they could have given us all tummy tucks too so that we didn't have to walk around with this attachement.
I do hope that your nights are filled with sleep and swelly bellies go down.
Lots of Love
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:11 AM

eleanor I think tummy tucks should be a part of the surgery! lol
I'm going for my post op appt at 10:20. I'm nervous, but whatever happens it will be fine. I'll check in later.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Went for my 6-week appt yesterday and got the all clear from the doc to resume intercourse. I must say I was super scared of how it would feel but after the initial penetration it was wonderful!!! Even better than before the hyster because there was no pain!!!!
I can not lift more than 30 pounds at a time for a few months to let the new bladder finish healing and shouldn't plan on vaccuming the entire house at one time so as not to strain too much- but all in all things are going great!! I have to follow up in 6 months to make sure things are still on track.
Best wishes to the sis' who aren't well mended yet- hopefully you'll feel better soon!!! Staci
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:40 AM

Cindy good luck with your post op today! You'll have to let us know. I do have another appointment scheduled but it is not until after Christmas. He has given me my directions and he really thinks time is the key so he wants to wait awhile and go from there.

Ellanor, thank you. I too have been checking out websites and home remedies. Isn't the swelly belly thing frustrating! If we went in with no bulge, have not gained weight but still have a bulge how come diet is the key when diet did not cause it? OH it is frustrating, but I had the same thought when I can diet and exercise for me too!

Great news Stacij. Glad you had a good appt and night.

Happy Birthday Sas4ever!

Well it is cold and gray here, not sure what the day will hold yet. I'll have to fill you in when I check back in later. Going to call the boss this morning. I hate that but getting it over with will be better.
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:49 AM

hyperhyster, good luck with your post op app. I hope you get good news. Will be praying for you and all who have app. today.

Staci, I am so happy for you that all went so well. Continue to heal and don't do too much.

I hope that you can start sleeping better Jan, I also had that problem until just about a week ago. I would go to bed and wake up at 12 am and would just finally get up. Sometimes went back to bed at 5 and slept maybe 1 hr. more. so I know how awful that can be.

lots of love everyone...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register