2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Me

My belly needs to be held when I first get out of bed in the morning... maybe its because everything is settling down when we stand up.. I don't know. I just hold it and walk to the bathroom. It gets better from there. My days are pretty normal for at least half of the day and have been for weeks but.. 1. I get tired so easily and its to be expected for at least two months while we heal. 2. Different times during the day I ache if I sit too much. 3. Although I've been working for three weeks now, I only go in for two days in the after noon for about 4 or 5 hours and I have been found laying on the floor in my office just to let things stretch out!!!!!!!!

I have a craft show that I'm a vendor in on Black Friday and the weekend of that. I sell stained glass windows and glass beads that I make myself with a torch. You can see my website at Admin. Note: link removed per website TOS.
So for the last four weeks that I've been home except for the two days per week I work, I've been making beads, putting them into jewelry and making stained glass windows. Some evenings I'm good and some I've become so tired its nutz. I'm not lifting or anything so I've been good. I expect to be exhausted the weekend after Thanksgiving but I'll have a chair and won't be alone. The two days a week I work as an art therapist and I have clients that really need therapy which is why I've gone to work so early. We've set up the craft booth in my living room, had DH move out everything.. so we can evaluate how it all looks, its my first craft show. It looks awesome. DH made wooden display cabinets and a glass shelf cabinet it is incredible. Looks like I'm a professional craft show vendor. We got a huge banner professionally made and its beautiful. I'm excited, and nervous just a bit. Its a big craft show by the beach and thousands of people come to it.

I had a checkup THREE weeks after my surgery, internal exam which went fine. NOw I see him again on the 29th for what I expect to be the final or almost final visit regarding the surgery. I told him at three weeks I was going back to work two days a week, but I told him three hours each day as that was what I intended. However with therapy it never ends up being what you wanted and you stay hours longer.

The days I've gone shopping, not by choice as my son is getting married December 1st, I was totaled when I got home each time. Walking around in the mall sucks and I stick my hands in my pockets and hold my belly. I avoid that place as much as possible and do much better when I do. I did write about going to Michaels on the third week, that was Stupid, but I learned from that experience and came home to bed that day.

Overall, I'm doing well, much soreness remains, expecially on the left side and across the middle.

WHERE DO OUR INTESTINES GO AFTER TAH???????
iLENE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking and not getting to the computer very much the last few days. It sounds like we're all slowly getting better, some of us faster than others.

I can certainly relate to the slowpokes out there - I'm still having significant pain on my left side, but only when sitting upright (at the table, at the computer, in a car). After 15 min. I have to lie down or stand up, then I'm okay. My 6 week post op is on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to let my dr. know. I mentioned this pain at my 2 week post-op, and she said to be patient, so I'm still being patient! Significantly, my post-op appt. is the same day as my DH's birthday. . . needless to say, I hope my appt. goes well!

I'm wondering if any us has had piriformis issues that came up post-op? About 1 week after surgery, I first noticed how stiff my L leg was, and that for the first time, I couldn't cross my L leg while sitting. I've been doing some research on this site and others, and found that piriformis syndrome is sometimes a complication of this surgery. It has something to do with the nearness of this muscle to everything else that was cut, removed or repositioned. I've been a little concerned about doing any stretches, but have done some anyway.

I'll be going back to work on Tuesday after Thanksgiving - I'm an elementary school teacher and will be on my feet for about 7 hours a day, but I think it will be okay, if it isn't, I'll be able to take more time as I need it. (I'm lucky that my principal has a sister that just had this surgery and she is very sympathetic!)

Icre8art, just wanted you to know that my husband is a metal sculptor (retired teacher) and does a lot of craft shows - was just on one of our local TV news segments featuring his work.

And BTW, I'd also like to know where our intestines go after the TAH!

Healing thoughts to all!
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:09 AM

Good morning ladies,

I got some sleep last night. Not a full night, but better than some nights and I will tkae anything I can get!!

Icre8art I still have alot of soreness and especially on the left also. Mine gets worse as the day goes on and I have that exhaustion too. It must really effect some of us differently. I am moving around everyday though, mostly just around the house. That is for 2 reasons. First I think that is what my doctor intended when he extended my time, and I live in a small town and I would feel way too guilty if I am not at work but people saw me all around town.

Jenn I am glad you are starting to really take off. Thanks for thinking of me. How old is your stepson? My son is in his 2nd year of college, but he wrestled when he was younger. He started at 9 in youth wrestling and wrestled all through high school. He was the captain of his varsity squad. It was a great thing for him and I actually miss those wrestling days. He does some coaching of youth wrestlers in the evening now. He decided not to wrestle in college. But it is a big chunk of his life that changed. He misses it all except the weight restriction!!

Michelle I hope you are not overdoing with that housecleaning!!

Debbie it sounds like you had a perfect evening. That is wonderful. It never makes me feel bad to hear from you. I am always glad to hear from you. One of these days we will all be there! YAY!!

Have a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 08:15 AM

[quote=gallopinggram]I can certainly relate to the slowpokes out there - I'm still having significant pain on my left side, but only when sitting upright (at the table, at the computer, in a car). After 15 min. I have to lie down or stand up, then I'm okay.

Isn't it intersting that alot of us slowpokes have pain , but especially on our left sides?

I have not heard of performance injuries but I hope your post op goes well and she says you don't have whatever it is!

You will hvae to let us know how it goes back to work. Don't hesitate to ask for more time. That is one stressful job and you need to be feeling ready to tackle it.

It was great hearing from you! Have a good Sunday.
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:34 AM

Good morning,

Ilene: i visited your website - beautiful things!!! I always envy people who have creative abilities, I find it amazing.

Michelle: I have a golden retriever by the name of Molly, she is 20 months old. My first golden was named Murphy -she was my murphmuffin! Now be careful with that housework...don't overdue it!

Mrs Willie: glad to hear your good news, you're on the right track!

Take care everybody and enjoy your Sunday.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:32 AM

Good morning ladies. Unique I was so glad to hear that your first time after went so well hoping for the same in about a month. mrswillie so glad you got some sleep. Hopefully that trend continues for you.

I had a very rough day yesterday. Doing alot of laundry probably more than I should have. Was in alot of pain last night and couldn't sleep because of it. Still have alot of laundry to do(6 people in my household) but thinking I'd better lay off today. My back and belly are very sore today.

I cre8art and mrswillie I have the side pain as well but is on my right side where I pulled something about 3 weeks after surgery. Dr told me its like a sprain and will take time to heal. So in the meantime I have to be very careful how I move or that spot starts to hurt bad again.

Good luck everyone hope you all have a great Sunday!
Unread 11-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Hi all!
This is the first time I've been able to check in. I've been trying to catch up on everyone's posts.

I was so happy to hear that we will have a place to go after 8 weeks. Yay!!

Jan I'm glad to hear you got a little more sleep. I've had left side pain too. dr said she didn't see or feel anything to worry about. I'll tell ya since I've been more active this weekend my body feels like I've just been to a gym and had an intense work out. My muscles are so sore. I guess after laying and sitting for so long our bodies have to adjust.

Jenn so glad to hear you're doing well.
Michelle be very careful with that housework. Don't overdo it.
Nikkic3004 sounds like you need to listen to your body and slow down a bit. I'd hate to see you hurt yourself.

Well dh and I tried to have our first intimate evening last night. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as all of yours seemed to. I was extremely dry, which is a problem I've never had before. Because of the dryness it was not enjoyable at all. We tried again this morning, but still had the same problem. DH has been so kind, he said we will work through this. He's going to go out later and get some kind of personal lubrication. Has anyone every used it. Do you have any suggestions on a good product?

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Cindy
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhyster
Hi all!
This is the first time I've been able to check in. I've been trying to catch up on everyone's posts.

I was so happy to hear that we will have a place to go after 8 weeks. Yay!!

Jan I'm glad to hear you got a little more sleep. I've had left side pain too. dr said she didn't see or feel anything to worry about. I'll tell ya since I've been more active this weekend my body feels like I've just been to a gym and had an intense work out. My muscles are so sore. I guess after laying and sitting for so long our bodies have to adjust.

Jenn so glad to hear you're doing well.
Michelle be very careful with that housework. Don't overdo it.
Nikkic3004 sounds like you need to listen to your body and slow down a bit. I'd hate to see you hurt yourself.

Well dh and I tried to have our first intimate evening last night. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as all of yours seemed to. I was extremely dry, which is a problem I've never had before. Because of the dryness it was not enjoyable at all. We tried again this morning, but still had the same problem. DH has been so kind, he said we will work through this. He's going to go out later and get some kind of personal lubrication. Has anyone every used it. Do you have any suggestions on a good product?

Well I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Cindy

I was told to get a water based lubricant, I bought AstroGlide or something very close to that name. I do not have a dryness problem but I think it is a common issue.
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Cindy as I have not gotten clearance yet I have not used it, but I saw a post on here that a few sisters recommended astroglide. I hope with some lubricant it will get easier for you.

Even though I have been around the house all weekend it really has not been too bad. My DH is making soup from one of my recipes. It smells so good in here! He is watching the Bears game and I have been hanging out with my DD and GD. My pain that the doctor caused is starting to subside some. I am glad I don't go back to him for awhile because he puts me in so much pain afterwards! It si cold and spitting rain here. Maybe that is why it has been a bit easier to be indoors. It was great to hear from you and I hope your DH finds what you need to have a great evening!!
Unread 11-18-2007, 02:59 PM

Thanks Jan and sukipup for your suggestion. I went online to check out the astroglide. It sounds like a good product, so we'll try it. It is cold here too. It's actually been alternating between rain and snow. Jan, homemade soup sounds wonderful!! I'll be right over. lol I'm glad your pain is subsiding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register