2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 88 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-18-2007, 03:53 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperhyster
Thanks Jan and sukipup for your suggestion. I went online to check out the astroglide. It sounds like a good product, so we'll try it. It is cold here too. It's actually been alternating between rain and snow. Jan, homemade soup sounds wonderful!! I'll be right over. lol I'm glad your pain is subsiding.
I wish we lived closer-We would be happy to have you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Cindy

Cindy, do you still have your ovaries or take Estrogen???

No to the above would account for the dryness. Otherwise you shouldn't be dry.

A few years ago I went to Johns HopKins Hospital Pelvic Floor Clinic and they told me about Astroglide. Its amazing stuff, really amazing. Perfectly clear and I think you could fly airplanes with it!!!!!!!!!!

If you are too embarrassed to get it at a drug store, look online for it. I recommend it 100% over any of the other stuff. (and my husband is a pharmacist!)

Ilene
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Numbness near incision

Hi Iline,

My incision isn't as beautiful as yours. I do still have some tingling and tenderness above my incision. The doctor during my appt. said it will subside over time. The tingling on the inside of my left leg has subsided about a week ago. It now feels like a normal leg. Praise God for that! I have been able to sleep on my stomach for short periods the last few nights as I'm a stomach sleeper. So that was quite a milestone. I can't stay there for a long time, but I can do it. It would be wonderful if I had lost some weight after my surgery, but I need to be thankful I'm healthy.
My first week back to work went pretty well. The first day I was pretty tired. Then on Thursday I felt some pain since most of the day I'm on my feet. However, nearly all the days my supervising teacher came to the school where I work each day to give me a break. She's been very nice. You wouldn't believe how many people where I work have had a hysterectomy or know someone who has, so everybody has been understanding.
I pray for you all that you'll be better each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icre8art
My incision is beautiful I wish I could show it off!!!
Its thin as a pencil line... too bad the other surgeries I have over the years didn't heal as perfect.

I hurt inside and ache in the morning and late in the day... and sometimes in between but there are periods where I feel pretty great and forget I had a TAH.

My belly is sore from the incision area up to my ribs, more so in the middle the higher you get. Just above my incision for about three or four inches I have NOOOOO feeling, completely NUMB!! Its pretty weird. I had that same thing with ankle surgery and after a few months it began to go away the same time all the swelling goes away. But there is a spot from my gallbladder surgery that will be forever numb. So, we will see with time the end results.

Anybody else have numb areas where the nerves are affected???
Ilene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 07:50 PM

hyperhyster so sorry to hear you are having some problems. I worry about that especially we have to wait another month. I really hope you find something that works. You are right I do need to listen and slow down, but there is so much that needs to be done. Planned on taking it easy today, but forgot had to help with a science fair project due on Tues. sawing and hammering and alot of walking in and out of the house and up and down the stairs. So very sore tonight. I am going to make it a point to do nothing but sit with my feet up all day tomorrow.

mrswillie soup sounds wonderful so does a good smelling house. I so hope I'm up to cooking the turkey and all this week so I can have the yummy smelling house too! =)

goodnight all I am absolutely exhausted. Have a great night.
Unread 11-18-2007, 09:07 PM

I have to tell you ladies he outdid himself. The soup was terrific, my youngest said better than mine. Maybe he should just keep on cooking--for good.

I know alot of you guys mention sore bellies when you overdo. Do any of you all get any unusual feelings in the pelvic floor area? I still get that falling out uncomfortable feeling. Doc was just in there so I know there is nothing falling but I still get that weird feeling sometimes. Definitely do not like that.

I am going to try to head to bed. It has become anxiety producing for me to go to bed these day as I never know if I will be able to sleep.

Until tomorrow~~Good Night!!
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:41 AM

Mrs. Willie,
I wonder if what you are feeling is related to the nerves that are affected when the organs are taken out. Also, it could just be things settling and stretching a bit. if the doc says it's not falling out then I'd take his word or go back again for him to look just one more time.

My doc told me it was very, very important to take Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory for the two months after the surgery. Will help the healing process greatly.

Head count:... Who is taking Naproxen or other anti-inflammatory??!?!?!?
If you're not you should.

I can tell the difference when I forget.
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icre8art
Cindy, do you still have your ovaries or take Estrogen???

No to the above would account for the dryness. Otherwise you shouldn't be dry.

A few years ago I went to Johns HopKins Hospital Pelvic Floor Clinic and they told me about Astroglide. Its amazing stuff, really amazing. Perfectly clear and I think you could fly airplanes with it!!!!!!!!!!

If you are too embarrassed to get it at a drug store, look online for it. I recommend it 100% over any of the other stuff. (and my husband is a pharmacist!)

Ilene
I do still have both my ovaries. Hopefully is was just a temporary thing. My dh did buy the astroglide. We haven't tried yet, but hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks for the advice.

Nikkic3004 thanks for your concern. I hope everything will be great when it's your time.

Jan I would definitely be there if we lived close. How lucky you are to have a dh who is a good cook.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll check in later.
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:34 AM

Icre8art,
I wasn't told to take any anti-inflammatory. I honestly don't think I've needed any.

Well I'm off to my post-op consultation today. I'm assuming an internal exam, the first since my surgery. I don't have to worry about going back to work since I'm retired. I will ask him what he'd recommend if I was still working though.

I need to talk with him about my numb tongue. It was numb or partially numb for at least 3 weeks post-op. I spoke with his office twice and they promised they'd have the anesthesiologist call me but that never happened. I blame the hospital rather than my doctor's nurse. I'm sure she asked. But I want to make sure my gyn knows what happened. I never got an answer as to why I had the numbness.

I'm feeling really fine. I went to a meeting yesterday an hour and a half away. My dh drove. When we got home I had some odd sensations very low, maybe pelvic floor region. Hard to describe - maybe a fullness, or heaviness. It's gone this morning.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't do too much as you prep for Thanksgiving.

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:08 AM

Good Morning Ladies! My internet modem blew up so they just came to replace it. I've been reading all the posts since my last visit to the site.

Numbness: I still have it right around my incision site. My doc said it could take 6 months or more to get all the feeling back.

BM's: Still having moments when it's uncomfortable but the doc says that when I'm up and more active it will get better.

Electronics: My iPod broke and I'm ticked! I'm sure they make these things so that once the warranty has expired you have to throw them away and get a new one. Apple service techs says it'll cost $180 to fix and you can buy a new one for $250!

Sex: I was cleared last week and had no problems but did feel a little bit of numbness on the inside. Found out it gets better with time! hehehe

Today: Feeling pretty good. But desperately bored. I think I may try to clean up those piles of stuff that have been piling up. My bedside table is a nightmare. And there's a pile in the office...and in the kitchen. Or maybe I'll just lay on the couch and watch tv!

Hope you are all having a good day!

Pam
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:58 AM

Hi Ladies

Thanks Icr8art. I know nothing actually fell because it comes and goes. I think it may be similar to the heaviness Luv2knit described. I was not told anything about an anti inflammatory daily. It sure could not hurt!

Pam I am glad your Modem is fixed and you are back online. We missed you!! Don't get me started about the Ipods. We have been through many with my kids they are made to be disposable and are a ripoff.

Cindy I wish you were here for more than just soup!!

It was anot a very good night last night. Not just sleep related this time. The phone rang at midnight last night. Of course I was in bed wide awake trying to sleep. It was my oldest DD. She hit a deer on her way home from work. Thank God she was not hurt. My DH and DS went to pick her up and haul the totaled car home. She is a CNA with a little girl. Not much money. Now we have to scramble and find a vehicle that she, really we because she will need help, be able to afford. Needless to say I was not the only one who did not get sleep last night.

It is hard not to start getting into a funk that things are just not going well but I am trying hard to fight that. I am going to be extra concious to rest today so that Hopefully I can feel better, this situation won't look so daunting, and I can get back to my self who is usually very much an optimist and not so given to fits of feeling down.

Believe it or not I am going on 3rd day of know bm!! I still can't get that straightened out either. I am not going to mess with prune juice this time. I think I am going to get some Miralax everyone on this board seems to rave about it.

I will check back in later and I will try to be more upbeat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register