2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 07:59 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I forgot to add: Michelle I hope you are ok out there and not down for the count because of housecleaning!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Jan I hope you were able to sleep well. I did have that feeling in my pelvic area off and on, but I haven't had it lately. I've heard other ladies say they've had that. Maybe is a somewhat common side effect of the surgery. You are right, since your dr already checked you he would have told you if there was something wrong. Hope it gets better.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:09 AM

Good morning,

Icre8art: I have Naproxen, but was told to take it as needed in case of pain or sweling, which I have not really had, pain that is. I feel more swelly at th end of the day i guess but haven't really bothered taking them. I do take one if I know I have a bit of running around planned for the day.
Luv2knit: let us now how everything went at your dr's appt, hope all is well.

mrswillie: sorry to hear that bad news about your DD, hope everything turns out ok at reasonnable expense. For great BM's, I swear by flax oil gel capsules, i take 2 every morning and get added benefit of the omega oils it provides.

Have a good one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswillie
Hi Ladies

Thanks Icr8art. I know nothing actually fell because it comes and goes. I think it may be similar to the heaviness Luv2knit described. I was not told anything about an anti inflammatory daily. It sure could not hurt!

Pam I am glad your Modem is fixed and you are back online. We missed you!! Don't get me started about the Ipods. We have been through many with my kids they are made to be disposable and are a ripoff.

Cindy I wish you were here for more than just soup!!

It was anot a very good night last night. Not just sleep related this time. The phone rang at midnight last night. Of course I was in bed wide awake trying to sleep. It was my oldest DD. She hit a deer on her way home from work. Thank God she was not hurt. My DH and DS went to pick her up and haul the totaled car home. She is a CNA with a little girl. Not much money. Now we have to scramble and find a vehicle that she, really we because she will need help, be able to afford. Needless to say I was not the only one who did not get sleep last night.

It is hard not to start getting into a funk that things are just not going well but I am trying hard to fight that. I am going to be extra concious to rest today so that Hopefully I can feel better, this situation won't look so daunting, and I can get back to my self who is usually very much an optimist and not so given to fits of feeling down.

Believe it or not I am going on 3rd day of know bm!! I still can't get that straightened out either. I am not going to mess with prune juice this time. I think I am going to get some Miralax everyone on this board seems to rave about it.

I will check back in later and I will try to be more upbeat.
Jan I wrote my other post before I read your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your DD. Thank goodness she is o.k.
I hope I can offer you some encouragement for the bm problem. As you know, I had been having the same problem all through post op. I also went 3 days last week without a bm. The miralax does work. Now that I have been easing back into my routine, I have now been able to have a bm without taking anything for the last 4 days. So maybe when you are able to be up and about it will get back to normal for you too.

I'm sorry you are feeling down. I understand. Even though things are going much better for me, I still have days when I feel very down. It's not easy having to alter your life for so many weeks, it takes a toll. And especially for you, having to take a couple of extra weeks. I hope that when you are able to get back to some normalcy, you will feel better. I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

I wish I could be there too to give you a big hug. Hang in there, it will get better. Take care.
Cindy
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:28 AM

Good Morning ladies!

Northof49-I too felt some numbness inside, I do hope that that subsides.

Jan-I am glad to hear that you are starting to feel better from your doctor appointment. I am also very glad to hear that your DD is okay. I hope that you find some resoluation in sleeping, I too still am having trouble, I can not seem to stay asleep. As for the BM I too went 3 days, I wonder at times if it will every be normal again. I also wonder if it has to do with the hemroids I can not get rid of.
My stepson is 13 great boy i must add! I have a 12 and 10 year old in illinois with their father and my youngest will be 5 is out here with me.

I feel like it is uphill from here. I do get tired and need a nap half way through the day, but I do notice that I am doing more. Yesterday my DH made breakfast and we watched movies and stayed in our jammies all day. I have to say that i had a wonderful weekend.

Thank you all for the support!!
Jenn
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:52 AM

Thanks you ladies for your wonderful support!

I called the doctor and I was told that that feeling is common when healing and especially if you overdo it. I was also told it might have increased feeling of pressure because of the bm situation and that I should keep taking the softeners, but go ahead and use a laxative.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Hey Jan: When I was really struggling with BMs my doc recommended a product called "SENOKOT". It's an over-the-counter product that offers nighttime relief. And it worked! It's not very expensive either. I think I paid maybe $6. You take two small tablets and then go to bed. I was really nervous about taking anything for fear that I would end up with the runs but it didn't happen.

Just another suggestion for you to consider.

Pam
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Laxative

HI,

I take natures way aloe lax.. works great.. Just one pill before bed.
I am trying to get off them tho.
guess our bodies went thru alot of stress during the surgery!!

It will get better.

did you try the Calms forte? any luck?
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:38 AM

A quick good morning to all of you. I did steam clean my living room carpet yesterday, and no soreness. I also did some shopping and went to my work place to say hi. I'm still a little dehydrated, but a co-worker suggested Propel, and thank goodness, I like it. My wt is up to 87 ....yip pee.
It snowed last night. I want to have some internal insulation,ya know?
I see my doc tomorrow. I pray he releases me to work. I need to go back for so many reasons, if only for 6 hour days. We are ok financially, but Christmas is coming....
Miralax is great, so is fibercon if you're drinking enough. I've labeled myself the poop princess, because if any of us needs to avoid constipation, it's me, right? wink wink
I swer by Miralax, fibercon, colace and drinking water, juice, etc. The clementines are nice to eat, small, juicy, and they have fiber. Snack on those, Jan. I want to hear a post real soon about how great your bowels are!!! Ha Ha
I am having night sweats and insomnia since my dehydration emergency.
Do you think I killed my ovaries w/dehydration? I'm a little scared.
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:24 AM

mrswillie I have had the same falling out feeling the last couple of days with all the activity. Been walking around holding my belly because of it. I have strict orders from DH and friends to do nothing today so time to bring out the old movies I think. Haven't watched Gone With the Wind in awhile. Also doc told me to be taking anti-inflammitories for the pain I am still feeling to help internal swelling go down. maybe that is why we feel the falling out feeling? Just guessing. Naproxin is what I have been taking as well, but not as often as I probably should.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I need to get myself away from this computer and lay down awhile.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register