2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-10-2007, 10:35 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Yes the sun shines !!! After two week with foley cath. it was removed
yesterday. Now I cannot stand to pee - - - every time it starts its
white knucle time - - - also I am always going. Wow it goes from one thing
to another. But the total picture is looking up!! If this continues I will
phone my MD Thus. - - Anyone having this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 10:36 AM

Yes the sun shines !!! After two week with foley cath. it was removed
yesterday. Now I cannot stand to pee - - - every time it starts its
white knucle time - - - also I am always going. Wow it goes from one thing
to another. But the total picture is looking up!! If this continues I will
phone my MD Thus. - - Anyone having this problem.
Unread 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Love2Knit and fellow sisters.

I had a LAVH/BSO on Thur. Oct.4 and was home the next day. I was able to walk the halls the fist nite. I just wonderec how long it takes for the Pathology report. You said you had yours already. I am on pins and needle waiting for mine. My Dr. said it had to be sent away. I have four (what they call it) bandaid cuts, I was not sleeping in the hospital nor when I got home until I called the Dr. on Mon. and said I think I cannot take the Tylenol w/coden. and was constipated. Hadn't had a BM in 5 days. He told me to stop the Ty.w/cod. so I take only Tylenol and a stool softener and every thing is great. I must be alergic to Cod. My sister told me she cannot take it either. This might be useful for someone who is taking Cod. and not feeling well.

I am now off Tylenol and feel great!!! My cuts just a little sore when I pust on my stomach but otherwise am not doing much except resting. My Dr. said I could drive, but not very far, in another week. Hope everyone else in recovering well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM

I too had REALLY bad dreams plus nausea. Took myself off the pain med and tried to just do the advil and some tylenol. Nausea better. But didn't sleep longer than 2 hours at a stretch. Last night after bad pain and meltdown, tried med again. More nausea and now have a call in to the DR. I need something to control pain so I can sleep and not feel so sick-UGH!

The trick is to stay ahead of the pain. Blessings to you!
Unread 10-10-2007, 12:28 PM

I'm home and doing okay. I am having to change the dressing on the hematoma 2-3 times a day so that's kind of nastyl. Other than that I'm staying medicated most of the time. It's hard to keep my train of thought going for longer than a couple of Minutes.

I will post later with more details, when I can gather my thoughts better and I also Feel better.
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Itchiness - what to do?

What do you do for itchiness? Where my bruising was before below my incision is now gone; however the itchiness is enough to beat the band. I try not to itch it, but it sends me into orbit. I'd hate to say, but the pain is somewhat easier to deal with than the itchiness. Do any of you have any suggestions what to do?
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
sleepless in PA

Well, I'm at day 6 now and after being restless and not getting ANY sleep on Monday night (last I looked at the clock it was 3 a.m.) I realized I was spending way too much time in my bedroom. I associated bed with not just sleeping, but reading, television, eating, etc.

Yesterday I purposely stayed out of the bedroom until it was time for sleep. Reading, tv and eating can all take place from the couch! I only went to bed when I was tired, and I slept like a baby last night. I'm doing the same thing again today and hope it works just as well. Insomnia is the LAST thing we all need right now!

I hope all of you are sleeping well and recovering quickly!!

Suzanne
Unread 10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
pukey painkillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTITOUT
More nausea and now have a call in to the DR. I need something to control pain so I can sleep and not feel so sick-UGH!

The trick is to stay ahead of the pain. Blessings to you!
Most painkillers make me really nauseous and also give me terrible neck stiffness (I think from clenching my jaw), so I had similar troubles. I found that NSAID's (such as Toradol) do NOT cause me any nausea, and work nicely for pain. My pharmacist also said I can take alprazolam (aka Xanax) to help me sleep without any drug interaction with the Toradol.

Of course, ask YOUR doctor before trying anything like that, but that combination worked wonders for me. I'm pretty squeamish, have a low tolerance for pain, and the thought of anything weird going on in my belly that I can't see just gave me terrible anxiety. The Xanax really helped with that.... and amazingly enough I don't want to barf! Always a plus.

Hope this helps...

Suzanne
Unread 10-10-2007, 03:06 PM

Got my pathology results on monday Oct. 8, 4 days after surgery. Adenomyosis. Dr. was surprised she got it so fast. Had nausea for a few days, figured out it was too much vicodin. Now I'm taking about one every 10-12 hours. Stiches itch severly, but not very often...I just hold on till its gone LOL ! I can't believe i was so freaked about the general anethesia.....never gave a thought to recovery! Good Wishes to my "sisters".

PS -After I don't know how many months, I found my ankles two nights ago! I had forgotten what they were supposed to look like! Now i can't stop admiring them!
Unread 10-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Better day today! Went to the local variety storewith DH to look for a teapot. *sigh* No success. Felt a little light headed so didn't try any other stores. Had a friend drop by some books and we visited for awhile. The human interaction was nice. Had a salad for lunch with leftover game hen from the dinner my friend brought last night. Only on ibuprofen today and doing alright.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register