2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 90 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:48 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

hello everyone. I have been busy,haven't posted in a couple of days. It was nice yesterday to just relax and watch sports. I couldn't decide which football game to watch, their were so many on. I've been felling great. The only thing I have a problem with is the swelly belly thing. My nephew is flying in today and we are suppose to go to a bar and grill and visit. Its a business layover so he wants to see everyone in one spot . I want to get into my Candies jeans soooo bad, I don't want to have to wear draw string pants or sweats. I haven't tried to get into them since my 3rd week post-op, alittle scared. I'll probably break down and cry. I start work in 2 weeks too, and I have no idea what I am going to wear. I have to wear dress clothes on the floor. Maybe in 2 weeks my prayers will be answered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM

I do. My doctor said the same thing.
Unread 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM

I've not posted in a while but I have been reading your posts and trying to keep up with you all. I've been trying to get my head together. I'm feeling a lot brighter today so I thought I'd update you.

I got to a really low point about two weeks ago, couldn't sleep because of the hot flashes and crying lots and lots during the day (over emotional or tired or both). My DH kept asking me what was wrong, but there was nothing in particular, I just felt really down about everything.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I don't think I realised how hard it was going to be. I have had a few good talks with my exDH's new girlfriend (I know that sounds wierd, but we do get on) who had a hyst 10 years ago. She said she spent the first six months wondering why she had it done, then she started to feel OK, and after a year she realised it was actually a good thing and she felt better than ever. I guess I've got to be more patient.

I've had sleeping tablets from my reg Dr which have helped a lot. Last night I even slept 3 1/2 hours without waking up, and without taking a pill!!

She also gave me some tablets to try and stop the hot flashes. :burning: They take between 2 - 4 weeks to work. Horrible side effects though, dry mouth, nausea and headaches As if I need any more symptoms! I'm fine during the day, maybe the odd one or two, but they really start after 9pm and get more frequent until about 3am when I'm having one every 30 minutes. By 8am they just stop.

My reg Dr had a look at my incision and pronounced it "beautiful". I think she needs to get out more if that's her idea of beauty!!

I have been going out walking every day and when I told one of my friends this, she came over a few days later with a gift. She bought me a pedometer, so I can count how many steps I've done and gradually try to increase it. Have to say though, I'm doing pretty good already!

My six week check was supposed to be tomorrow, DH wanted to come with me but couldn't get the time off work - he used all his holiday when I came out of hospital - but because he works shifts he will be able to come with me next week. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I wish it was tomorrow and I could get it over with.

I'm confused about the clubhouse. Where is it? I couldn't find a link to it, so I did a search and found it. It found lots of pages that I'd never seen before.

It is pouring with rain here, and supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. Hope the weather is better where you are, and that you're all doing OK.

Margaret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Hi All

Pam you mentioned Senokot and my DD that works at a nursing home said that and MOM are what they use there.

Speaking of DD she works 3-11 and got in an accident last night. She hit a deer on the way home. Totaled her vehicle. She is fine. My DH is running around today trying to help her find a new vehicle. Not easy in her price range.

Sunbelle I live in a small town without that much in the way of shopping. Of course we have WalMart. They did not have the Calms. My pharmacist told me not to take the Melatonin they had because something about hormonal interactions so I decided to order the Calms online. I have not received it yet but I can't wait to try it. Another sister told me she had good luck with melatonin but I figured I better not risk it.

Michelle I am still drinking, fiber, colace, and thought it was working well but then bam the 3 day problem. I am not going to stop any of that just add the lax as needed. I am glad you are not sore from the cleaning. Maybe the ovaries are just in shock and will kick back in when you are completely hydrated. I will keep my fingers crossed for you at your appt and hope that you get the answers you want.

Nikkic we have alot in common with our recovery. I am not glad you are feeling that, but it does help to know we are both feeling it. You are right I need to lay down more!

Tina I really want you to get in those jeans!! When you do it will give me hope to get back in mine one of these days.

Luv2knit let us know how that appt goes. I am thinking of you!

Buttons if you go all the way down to the bottom of one of the pages that has the purple box that says forum jump and open it to reveal all the forums. If you scroll down past post ops, past hysteritaville, you will eventually get to one called clubhouse. Under clubhouse there will be pages listed. When you see one that says date clubs that is where they will move this post at 8 weeks. I don't know if we will get notice or it will just happen. I hope we don't lose alot of sisters because they can't find it. You can get to it by scrolling through any of the forums lists. I am envious of your sleeping pills. How sad is that? I have never taken so many meds in my life!! Good luck with your post op and maybe you could ask about the pill she gave you for the hot flashes. I ahve not had any of those side effects with mine, amybe she will swtich you to another kind. Let us know we will be thinking of you.

Jan
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:33 PM

Hi all,
I just got back from working hot lunch at my kid's school. I volunteer on Monday's. This was my first time back since my surgery. It was good to be back. I was a little worried that it would be too much, but it went fine and it didn't tire me out. And...I tried my jeans on this morning and they fit. I could actually get them zipped and buttoned. There is hope Jan and Tina.
Michelle I'm glad everything went well with your cleaning. I was a little worried when you said you were going to steam clean your carpet.
Buttons11 I hope your appt. goes well. Let us know.
Jan I hope your dh and dd find a car for her. I have a 25 year old son in addition to my younger three. You never stop worrying about them no matter how old they get.
Unread 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM

buttons was it your regular dr that you talked to about the hot flashes too? I am having the same issues as you with the night sweats and the uncontrollable crying and just feeling miserable for no reason. Have not been able to sleep the last two nights more that 3 hours.

hyperhyster glad to hear all went well on your first day back to work I can't wait!

twobtrue good luck with the jeans!

idahonurse glad to hear all went well with the cleaning I was worried too when you mentioned steam cleaning the carpet.

Unread 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkic3004
buttons was it your regular dr that you talked to about the hot flashes too? I am having the same issues as you with the night sweats and the uncontrollable crying and just feeling miserable for no reason. Have not been able to sleep the last two nights more that 3 hours.
Yes, it was my regular dr I saw, only because it's easier to get an appointment at short notice and I was desperate! When I went to see her I was waking up just about every hour soaked in sweat.
I know exactly how you feel. Go see your Dr and ask if they can give you anything. I thought I was going to get through this without help, but I just couldn't cope any more. I don't know if it's because I've passed the six week mark, or because of the tablets, but I am certainly feeling like the black cloud above me is starting to lift a little.

BTW, thanks Jan for pointing me in the direction of that purple box. I've been using the buttons at the top of the screen and didn't work my way right down there.

Margaret
Unread 11-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Thanks everone for the luck into getting into my jeans. I'm trying to take it easy today. It seems like when you do alot, by evening time my belly is more swollen, so her come the jeans......I think I can...I think I can....
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Glad you found it Margaret. I hope the jeans work out Tina!!
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:23 PM

Mrswillie I have that same wierd feeling in pelvic floor when I overdo...almost like someone kicked mein crotch?
I am having sleep isues still. sweaty betty yuck!Feel like it is hormonal because I am having vivid bizarre dreams like pregnancy... had insomnia with all my pregs too. I am not taking anything but DH has good luck with Sleep MD that he buys at WalMart
I have a swelly belly that rises and falls with my activity level. No way will I even think of trying on my jeans cuz I know i will end up in another crying jag!!! Aleve is naproxin OTC and I have been taking one a day It seems to be working well for me.

ok this might be gross but.. if they took my cervix and sewed up top of my vagina... why would I be having a little discharge? I was thinking one stray ovary ovulating but isn't that closed off from my vagina now? Am I an idiot?Y

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register