2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 93 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

mrtngirrl I have had the same exhausted all day can not sleep at night. Never had that before surgery, it is definitely from the surgery. I have been told this will all improve in time.

Michelle. I am glad you are able to return to work. interesting my doctor did not want to do silver nitrate either. Shakes are not that different than smoothies so I hope that you will be able to tolerate them. Did he say how much longer he thought for your stitches?

Today I rested alot but I did a bunch of alteratons at my sewing machine. I figured that would not be too taxing. I was happy that I was able to finish but after an hour and a half I was tired. So I can relate to what you are saying amoamaria.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Wah wahhh

Hi,

I am feeling like crying. I go in next Tuesday at 3:30 pm to have my gall bladder removed for gallstones. With the TAH 7 weeks ago, I was fine. I really wasn't nervous thinking about the TAH but now eith the gallbladder, I just feel like crying.

It will be removed laporoscopically so I should have a faster recovery than from the TAH.

DH is tired of helping around the house. Poor guy, he is almost at his limit all the time. He took this week off but then went back to work today when he realized how soon my surgery would be. I had tried to tell him earlier but we just weren't on the same page and he couldn't hear me.

I don't want to have my mom come because as sweet as she is, I can't relax with her here. My sister is working. I have no one else so it all falls on dh's shoulders.

Like I said, I just feel like crying. My dds have not been a whole lot of help and they are tired of me not being my self. Honestly, I am too. I was just getting my energy back and feeling a little bit more like myself this last week and now here I go again.

I wish I could just buck up.. I felt so ready and strong going into mt TAH. Wahhh...
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM

cutitout, I'm sorry to hear you have to have another surgery. I know you said you can't relax with your mom there, but maybe it would help take some pressure off of your dh and you wouldn't have to worry about getting things done.
I will keep you in my thoughts. You'll be in my prayers for a fast recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 09:12 PM

Cutitout I am so sorry you are feeling so upset. I can imagine I would feel the same way if I was facing another surgery.

I imagine if you are having gallbladder problems I am sure that it is preventing you from totally feeling like yourself. I hope that after this surgery you will be able to recover fully and have renewed energy and get back to your usual routine.

Now that your DH understands more about what you have been through could you possibly talk to him about how you can work things out to make it a little easier for all of you?

I will be thinking of you. If you need to vent please remember we are hear for you and will keep you in our prayers.
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:26 PM

cutitout
i am sorry to hear you are having to go through all of this. i feel the same way. having a baby in july (with complications) then surgery in sept., then another surgery in october. i know how you feel. my dh has had to deal with me and all my mess going on and i sometimes wonder if he's gonna give up on me!! its not a nice situation to be in. i know. but we are here to help you and listen to vent whenever you need to. it will get better. surely he knows that. hang in there and good luck! i will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:36 PM

exhausted again today all. and again not able to sleep at night. I went to science fair tonight, sitting on bleachers did not help the nagging falling out feeling. had to get up every 15 min and walk around. also feeling angry at the world today, when not angry- crying. is this what they mean by mood swings?

cutitout so sorry to hear things are not going well. I will send you prayers. I really hope everything goes well.

not sure if i wanna brave the soy milk...
Unread 11-21-2007, 07:05 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

I have another dr's visit today at 1:15 pm with the gyno. I don't really have any questions for her. I've been off the pain meds for about a week, I'm muddling though well enough but certainly not back to normal, just the same ol' whining really. Anything you ladies can think of that I should ask her or bring up with her?

Pam
Unread 11-21-2007, 07:09 AM

norhtof49..are you going back to work soon? If so, i would ask for some kind of restrictions to be written down. Especiallly if you have a job that consists of heavy lifting, etc. just so you work knows what you can and acnnot do. Good luck with your apt.
Unread 11-21-2007, 07:20 AM

What a great idea! I go back to work on Dec. 10 (the doc extended the leave due to a slow recovery). I never thought about asking her to write down any restrictions!

Keep 'em coming ladies!

Oh yeah...you US ladies have a holiday tomorrow! Many of you may be getting ready for your big day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Pam
Unread 11-21-2007, 07:24 AM

I go back to work on the 4th. i have a drs, apt Nov. 27th. My work said I should bring that list. It protects them too, and they will know what my limits are without me telling them things like "sorry, i can't lift that 40 lb. box, or move that 100 lb. fixture (they have wheels but are still hard to move with merchandise on them) Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register