2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 94 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Cutitout Iam so sorry you have to have another surgery. I hope it all goes easy for you. The DH, kids and house will all survive I think this stuff we go through can actually strengthen the family. Especially if they realize how much we do! I send you healing thoughts and prayers>>>

Hyperhyster ... as of a week ago I had gained 5 pounds. It felt like more though... Then I realized I lost a lot of muscle tone... my butt is a bit jiggler so I will not be getting on the scale for a awhile!Took me 6 weeks to loose the tone might just take me 6 weeks to tone back up!

Idahonurse please call your counselor. I am thinking of you and hope the best for you... Have you tried the gaining protein powders??

nikkic3004 Try SILK chocolate milk. I love it and night sweats are less when I remember to drink. I think I sleep a whole 4 hours straight!

Now I am going to whine I think Iam ovulating!! I only have the one ovary and it hurts! I used to have painful ovulation but it was just kinda achy this is a throbbing pain in my back it woke me up! I was thinking kidney stone but I think it is too low. I took an aleve and I will give it a couple hours before I call doc. WAAA! OKay I am good. My DD's and I are baking today for tomorrow.. I promised them.

All healing, relaxing thoughts for you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi mrswillie and everyone, don´t you feel that after so many weeks have passed we should be able to say "I am feeling great"? I mean my back aches, my incition aches, I sometimes move like a robot haha! It feels like the surgery was so long ago, and still it comes back everytime I overdo it.
Well have a nice day all of you!!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:17 AM

Hello All!!

My granddaughter had late start today at day care and I wanted to see her before she went.

Nikkic I hope it is a better day for you today. I am sorry but the memory is not so great anymore. Did you tel us you were on HRT? Can they adjust it all? I know I mentioned I am not a big milk person, but chocolate soy milk I would try. Maybe we could try it together, at least in thought abd spirit! LOL

amoamaria I know waht you mean. Yesterday I mentioned I got some sleep, and yesterday I felt for the most part alot better. Well last night could not fall asleep again, got about 3 hours. What a surprise today I feel exhausted, have a headace, and we can imagine what I will feel like later.
I am hanging in there counting on this all to pass. I wish that Calms Forte would get here!!

North that was a great suggestion about the restrictions. My docotr wrote a weight restriction for me,and I work a non lifting type job. He was not taking any chances.

Sas your right 6 weeks of exercise and we will feel more like our less jiggly selves. I hope the Aleve helps and you have fun baking with your DD's.

I hope all is well with all of you guys and I hope you are all prepped for tomorrow. Jenn and Michelle I hope you guys are doing well this morning I have been thinking of you both.

Until later Happy healing thoughts to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:21 AM

Good morning ladies!
sas4ever thank you for letting me know. It makes sense about loosing muscle tone.
nikkic3004 I hope you're feeling better today.
northof49 good luck at your appt.
I have to do a few things to get ready for tomorrow. We are having a quiet Thanksgiving at home this year. I know it's going to be alot of work making the dinner, but at least I won't have the stress of having company, I can kind of relax and go at my own pace with no pressure. It is so dang cold here. Well I hope everyone is feeling good today and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM

Yes...Happy Thansgiving ..We all have alot to be thankful for ...
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:34 AM

Cindy is it snowing up ther? I just heard that we are supposed to get some tonight and tomorrow. I had hoped that forecast would change but sounds like it is on.

We are staying here for Thanksgiving just us too. DH ordered most of dinner. All except pie, cranberry, and jello. I offered to help but he would not have it. Supposed to still be resting he said, but later I heard him say somehitng about not wanting to do all those dishes. I bet that is the real reason! LOL No matter what we eat you are right

Tina we have alot to be thankful for. Even with no sleep and slow healing I still have had a month without bleeding 2 pads an hour and I did not have anything get to the radiation stage. That is alot to be Thankful for.

Of course I am hugely Thankful for you wonderful sisters.
Love to all!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:46 AM

amoamaria, I must admit I feel really good...most of the time.

mrswillie, I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night! I had some (sugar free) chocolate just before bed. I don't know if that helped or not.

Like many of you, we;re having a quiet Thanksgiving. Just the two of us but I'm cooking like there's a crowd. My husband loves leftovers. I have to make cranberry sauce today. I'm diabetic so I make it with sugar substitute. I have a new recipe for turkey stuffing that I'm going to try tomorrow. (To be on the safe side, my DH (and I'm being facetious with the "dear" at this moment) added a box of stuffing mix to the cart. How dare he! (He knows me and gets nervous when I "experiment".)

My warmest wishes to those of you celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Take things slowly and enjoy!

to all of you.
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Knit
amoamaria, I must admit I feel really good...most of the time.

mrswillie, I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night! I had some (sugar free) chocolate just before bed. I don't know if that helped or not.

Like many of you, we;re having a quiet Thanksgiving. Just the two of us but I'm cooking like there's a crowd. My husband loves leftovers. I have to make cranberry sauce today. I'm diabetic so I make it with sugar substitute. I have a new recipe for turkey stuffing that I'm going to try tomorrow. (To be on the safe side, my DH (and I'm being facetious with the "dear" at this moment) added a box of stuffing mix to the cart. How dare he! (He knows me and gets nervous when I "experiment".)

My warmest wishes to those of you celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Take things slowly and enjoy!

to all of you.
Are you prescribing chocolate before bed daily?? WOOHOO I like that prescription!! Can not wait to tell DH I HAVE to have it, it is medicinal!! LOL

I am happy for you. 5 uninterrupted hours is pure BLISS.

You go girl with those experimental recipes. I am sure it will be terrific.

I am going to say a little prayer for all the sisters to have uninterrupted sleep tonight. Then it truly will be a miraculous holiday. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM

Nikkic and Cindy Are you guys still having any left side pain? Mine is really pinching again today? Just wondering.
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoamaria
Hi mrswillie and everyone, don´t you feel that after so many weeks have passed we should be able to say "I am feeling great"?
I thought I would be fine by now, I didn't realise how hard it would be to get over this. When I was crying all over a friend a couple of weeks ago she told me that after her hyst she spent the first six months wondering why she had it done, after six months she felt OK, and it wasn't until nearly a year had gone by that she realised that she had made the right decision in having the surgery. That was 10 years ago.

I'm not feeling great, but I am feeling more positive than I was a couple of weeks ago. My belly has gone down a bit (still can't get into pre op jeans though) and as it's got softer I've been getting lots of aches and pains in it. Doing chores around the house makes me tired, and my back aches if I do too much. The night sweats have lessened a little, I can generally sleep four hours before I wake up now. I can't wait until I can go to bed and sleep all night!

I've resigned myself that this is going to be a long haul. I don't expect to feel fine tomorrow or next week, but eventually I will.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you US gals!

Margaret

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register