2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

I do get kinda annoyed at my husband these days!! He seems to think I am fine and I am not fine. I am still sore, I tire easily and I am not well yet. So, why doesn't he understand this? He makes me feel as if I'm whining. (he doesn't say it - but I can sense it) I don't know how else to explain to him how I feel. I am frustrated!!! I am at home alone with the baby (4 months) and have been since I came home from the hospital. I still cook dinner every night, I clean, I wash clothes... but I'm forcing myself to do it. The I sit down at night in so much pain, and he doesn't even notice. What is it??? Sorry! I had to vent. I'm about to explode!!!
Anyone else feel this way???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 05:44 PM

mrtngirrl:
You have every right to vent. I didn't have to care for an infant and cook meals and keep up the house after my hyst. My mom was here for 9 days and helped w/all of that. My kids are old enough to help out a bit too.
I don't know what is going on w/your dh, but maybe you could ask him during some quiet time.
Hystersisters: I did leave a message at the office where my counselor works and no return call in days. I left mssg on Monday. If it's meant to be, it will happen. Last night my dh said that he doesn't think a counselor will help anyway. I typed up a contract for both of us to follow in my wt gaining journey. He can't pressure me or control me, and I have to weigh once a week and tell him how much I weigh. I made a goal of 1.5 pounds per week until January. I was 82 yesterday, but 83 today. I am eating 200 cals every 2 hours. That's the best way for me, and I won't feel full and gaggy.
I think I'm home for a small Thanksgiving like most of you. 12 pound bird, rolls, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce. If the hospital calls and needs help, I will jump on it. I need to get back into the swing of things.
As for muscle atrophy while recuperating, this is what I know: the muscles atrophy, lose mass rather quickly when activity is decreased significantly.
It takes a lot longer to build the muscle up than it does for it to lose mass. It's pretty depressing, isn't it? When you ladies do start getting that strength and mass back, your wt. will go up on the scale, but it's good wt., muscle, calorie burning mass. It's weight that looks good on you. I looked into karate lessons today for myself, but the classes are all evening. I'm too busy w/kids, sports, dinner, work in the eve. Shoot, I wanted to get my strength back thru karate. Not sure what I'll do now.
I'm sleeping better w/a full Benadryl and 20 mg amitryptaline at bedtime. No waking up soaked last night. I wish the same for each of you insomniacs.
Happy Turkey Day to all of us! Michelle
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:11 PM

Cindy they downgraded us to an inch or two of snow from the big storm but it will still be our first snow. The ache and pinching pains are what I am talking about. Today is alot of pinching for me.

mrtnngirrl I am sorry about your dh. Some of us had similar problems but things really got better when we calmly talked through the problem.

Michelle your contract sounds like a great idea. So is the plan of eating small frequent meals. I really hope it goes well for you.

I di not have luck with the Benadryl but I don't have amitryptaline, I actually don't even know what it is. I am goin to try Luv2knit's chocolate suggestion for sure!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 08:37 PM

Jan can you believe it, it's snowing! Nothing major, but the roads have a coating of snow so far. I don't know what's causing this left side pain we are having. I hope it eventually goes away for us.

mrtngirrl don't bottle up your feelings your having with your dh. Try to find a good time, when the baby is sleeping and calmly tell him how you feel both physically and emotionally. I had the same problem with my dh, but after I talked to him things are 100 percent better. Sometimes they just don't understand until you explain it to them.

Michelle thats a positive step forward to make the contract with your dh. I hope it goes well.

well I'll sign off for tonight. Hope everyone sleeps well and wakes up feel rested and refreshed for turkey day.
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Mrswillie,

I used Preparing for Surgery by Martin L. Rossman. I checked out the cd from the library pre-op. I was a little leary but thought I'd listen and if it was weird I wouldn't use it. But I liked it. There are 3 different sections to listen to. The first is for preparing for surgery. The second is for the day of surgery and the last is for when you are recovering.

I found it helpful. The dr. leads you through some deep breathing and then relaxing. Then you pick a place in your mind that feels good to you. Then you picture being there and enjoying it. Then you picture what you want to happen, either during the surgery or post op.

I used it in the hospital. When I was melting down, I would put it on and it would get me focused on something else and relaxed. I highly recommend it. I got mine from the library. I noticed there was one for childbirth too. Not that any of us will need that one :-).
Unread 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my hyster friends in the United States!

Pam
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:04 AM

Thanks. I live right on the Canadian border so very close to you. Woke up to snow on the ground and slippery out. Had some time to check out emails and this site...
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:06 AM

forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here..
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:43 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to All !! :leaves:
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:52 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Hyster Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register