Has anyone had an Abdominal Abcess - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone had an Abdominal Abcess Has anyone had an Abdominal Abcess

Unread 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Has anyone had an Abdominal Abcess

Hi Thanks for letting us know - you did just fine.

Please give your mom our best wishes for a speedy recovery. We'll look forward to hearing from her when she gets home.

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 04:08 PM

I will keep your mom in my prayers. Your mother should be so proud of you because it seems that you have now become her rock. Tell your mom many of us are thinking of her and hope that she feels much better soon.
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Gentle hugs to your mom. I will she is on the road to recovery in short order.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Just got home from the hospital w/ an abscess

Had my TAH 4 wks ago & have been having problems ever since. Had a CAT scan last thurs and my dr called me a few hours later telling me I needed to go to the hpospital that night due to an abscess. They inserted a drain through the vagina to help it drain(I also was bleeding prior to that and then strated to have a foul & I mean foul smelling discharge-more like a faucet draing), pumped me up with 3 different types of antibiotics by sunday I begged them to let me go home. So now I am taking 2 antibiotics and have to have another CAT scan in 10 days to see if has gone away, if not back to the hospital.
My question is how does this happen? I asked my doctor and every other doctor I saw at the hospital and the answer was this is a rare thing that can happen after a hysterectomy

Dina
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM

The way I understand it, the abscess can occur at anyone of the the surgical sites, (i.e. like where they took the ovaries, tubes, cervix, ect..) It is just basically an infection, I had ando and endo, so they has to do a lot of cutting out to try and save my ovaries, (which by the way have shut down, all for nothing, as is the story of my life..) At least I tried. As for being rare, yes it is, but the more complicated the surgery or repair, the larger the possibility for the abscess to form.... It is not your fault, you didn't do anything, they just happen, and it sounds like yu and I were the unfortunate ones. I did have to have lap surgery to clean up the mess from the abscess, but I was only in over-night. I am five weeks and still on antibiotics, because as soon as I come off them I start to spike another fever. So at sixe weeks I have to have another MRI and CT, to see if everything is ok.... But the good news is that I actually feel pretty good. So just hang in there and take it one day at a time. I will keep you in my prayers... Jacquie
Unread 10-30-2007, 04:51 PM

I am happy they found out what was causing your problems. I pray you have a speedy recovery now.

Janelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register