It's over! I'm home! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's over! I'm home! It's over! I'm home!

Unread 10-07-2007, 01:37 AM
It's over! I'm home!

it is so important to have a strong support system when you get home... i had my mother, sister, brother, my best friend Joan and most of all my partner Darlene of nine years.....I don't know what i would have done without them!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 08:08 PM
It's over! I'm home!

Slipperlady & Luvs2knit-I can't believe I missed your homecoming! I'm so glad you're both on the mend. I've been watching & looking for you both (obviously not in the right place) I actually posted a new message asking if anyone had heard from either of you and the Hyster sister editor kindly moved it because it was a no no. ooops. !
I'm normally quite computer savy but I get lost in HysterLand.
Glad you're home safe & sound and that you're on top of your discomfort. Rest & Take Care
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:35 PM
It's over! I'm home!

Welcome home ladies!! If you do nothing else...rest! and don't lift a finger around the house no matter how guilty or pressured you feel. This is your time and the dust bunnies will be there in a month. I over did it on day four and paid for it for two days. It will three weeks for me on monday and the most stressful thing i've done is handy hubby the dishes to put in the dishwasher. I get stronger everyday and you will too. Sit back and enjoy the pleasure of using the remote control!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:19 PM
It's over! I'm home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte Donahue
Slipperlady & Luvs2knit-I can't believe I missed your homecoming! I'm so glad you're both on the mend. I've been watching & looking for you both (obviously not in the right place) I actually posted a new message asking if anyone had heard from either of you and the Hyster sister editor kindly moved it because it was a no no. ooops. !
I'm normally quite computer savy but I get lost in HysterLand.
Glad you're home safe & sound and that you're on top of your discomfort. Rest & Take Care

Slipperlady and Lus2knit,

back !!!

Glad all went well and you are on your to recovery.

My date is 3 weeks away (YIKES).

I;ve not been keeping up as good I should have and been sort of a lurker, DH has had 2 surgerys in 2 weeks so sort out of the loop (He is doing fine).

I am so glad you are home take care of yourselves

Barri

Unread 10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
It's over! I'm home!

Hey Sisters!, Thanks for mentioning me (and Luv2Knit too in case she didn't see this). I have not been looking at this for a few days; been incredibly tired after thinking I could just slip back into life. Monday it will be 2 weeks and I feel like I just came home. I will get a burst of energy for about an hour or two and then want to sleep for 3 hours. On the good side, my scar is healing well. At first it was ugly and I was bummed but I don't think it is going to be bad at all now. I wonder how you can tell if your insides are healing?
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:42 AM
It's over! I'm home!

home, slipperlady! I hope your recovery is going well. Time passes quickly and before you know it your doctor will be releasing you to ease back into normal activities.

We'll look for your new threads on the Post-Op board if you have questions about your healing and recovery and for updates on the Recovery Progress Report where you can share how your recovery is going.

Best wishes for your recovery as you continue to heal!

s
Unread 10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
It's over! I'm home!

Hi, did you ever think that 3 hour naps would become the norm? Keep doing that until your body doesn't need to. There doesn't seem to be much improvement from one day to the next but then suddenly you'll feel better. That was at 4 weeks for me. This is such a slow healing process. Take your time & try to be patient with yourself.

Glad everything went well for you.
Unread 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
It's over! I'm home!

I still like to take my afternoon naps and I am 4 1/2 months post op!!!!

TAH / ovaries and tubes removed / stage 1 ovarian / stage 1 cervical (grade 3 invasive tumor) / clean margins and lymphnodes /
Unread 10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Wondering about you!

Hi slipperlady!I just returned from a trip and was wondering how you have been feeling. It's been 19 days I've been away and soon I will be heading for a possible hysterectomy. Have you been able to get out yet. Pain any better?
  Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperlady
Hey Sisters!, Thanks for mentioning me (and Luv2Knit too in case she didn't see this). I have not been looking at this for a few days; been incredibly tired after thinking I could just slip back into life. Monday it will be 2 weeks and I feel like I just came home. I will get a burst of energy for about an hour or two and then want to sleep for 3 hours. On the good side, my scar is healing well. At first it was ugly and I was bummed but I don't think it is going to be bad at all now. I wonder how you can tell if your insides are healing?
Unread 10-25-2007, 12:42 AM
It's over! I'm home!

After the first week the pain was more than manageable. I am still sore but my scar is shrinking daily and I don't think I'll have much of one when I'm all healed. I've been kind of moody off and on but kept my ovaries so I think that will settle down. I am impatient to be better but the body knows best so I try to rest when I feel that I've overdone it. I have been out and about with DH driving. We went for a ride yesterday to just look at autumn leaves. It was nice. Then we went home and cooked burgers and watched tv. Sometimes the simple things are best. The doctor says I can swim at 4 weeks but I will see how I feel then. I'm not eager to put this 'swelly belly' into a suit and be seen yet!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register