Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 07:06 AM

Hello All! Oct 9 - TVH/BSO.
Recovering well. Came home on the 10th and rested most of the day. Today, I'm planning to watch TV and take it VERY easy on myself. Very little bleeding and just a bit of cramping. Nothing bad at all!

Pre op was awesome. I got to the castle at 9:15 and was out like a light before 10:15. Surgery took 1 1/2 hours and my stay at the castle was very pleasant!

Glad to be on the "other side!!"
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Had surgery on October 9th..came home october 10th..was tired, had LAVH, kept tubes and ovaries. Hopefully the pathology will come back soon so I don't have to wait too long to find out if there was any cancer. Pain has been way less that I expected. I just feel slow, I don't move too fast and am letting my hubby and dad do everything for me. Now if I could just get my 3 year old to understand that being quiet at 6am so mommy can sleep doesn't mean shouting at the top of her lungs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 07:39 AM

TVH, BSO on Oct. 10, home at 6 pm Oct 11, yay! First few hours after surgery I was alert but a bit painful, the PCA morphine helped a lot with that. Cath and IV came out Thursday morning, and my mission for the rest of the day was to pee successfully (yes!) and walk from one end of the hall to the other four times (yes!). And not to laugh up my breakfast again! Scary hospital food didn't help with that, I eventually got yogurt and ice tea and a fresh fruit cup instead of "eau du gasworks" broccoli with mystery meat slathered in creamy gravy, which made me queasy just to smell it. Dinner was actually appetizing, lasagna and green beans, with a chaser of applesauce.

Observation: in a hospital that serves an ethnically diverse population, most of which isn't northern Euro lactose-tolerant, why oh why does everything contain vast amounts of milk? I'm thinking the default should be for us lactose-intolerant to varying degrees (I'm ok with hard cheese, yogurt makes an excellent laxative, fresh milk turns me into a gasbag). Yuck.

Doc phoned in the scrips for oral pain meds, and I asked for Tylenol 3 rather than Vicodin, as I tolerate codeine way better and the pain isn't really bad enough to require serious drugs at this point.

I made it to the other side!!!
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:13 AM

Hi friends...just entering my 5th week post op and though the surgery was fine, I've been incontinent since just before the end of my first week. I was diagnosed with an ecoli bacteria and treated for that but seemingly without success as I am still incontinent. And this is total incontinence. I have no control at all..it's like being a baby again. I'm up every 3 hours through the night to change my pads. Meanwhile I am testing again for the bacteria or other infection but our gov't has made cutbacks and it's approx. 6 days between taking the sample in and getting the results back. I'm also waiting on a ct scan on my bladder as my obgyn is at a loss as to the reason for this. That makes 2 of us. And she's not the one peeing all over herself night and day. I'm getting frustrated and burned out and have at least 2 more weeks before the ct scan and waiting on results. I'm due to go back to work in about 3 weeks so I'm getting kind of nervous. I can't go back when I'm like this. I spend so much of my day in the bathroom and I don't sleep well at night. Please friends, spare me a kind thought in your days. Perhaps your good wishes will help speed my recovery. Thank you for letting me vent.
Just sign me
ms DEPENDable
Unread 10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Oct 5 TAH

My surgery was Oct 5 @ 2:30 but Dr was delayed in case before mine. I was anxious but then thought if she's taking her time and doing it right then I'm in good hands if I have problems. Of course I only remember waking up but DH told me the Dr reported it was a difficult op. I guess my uterus was large (12 Wk.) and in bad shape so thank God for my meticulous Dr.

Came home Oct 7, and doing very well. I'm a little nervous about the UTI I had pre and post op. I did not even know I had it until I had preadmission tests. All in all I'm okay. 1st BM was a shocker.

Yesterday I tried to hold off on the pain meds but by the afternoon was ready for it. I have quit the darvocette and rely on the Ibuprofen 600mg. I'm not a pill taker so these will go soon also even if I have to bear a little discomfort.

Getting a little bored with TV and Xwords, my daughter will take me to the library if I ask her. Might be a good idea.

Be well sisters!

Sallyanna 52 and on the other side.
Unread 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm home and it's over

My surgery went well. I had to stay an extra day because my pain was still high. I'm still in pain but I am so glad that I had the surgery. They said my uterus was the size of a 9 week pregnancy. All the information I read from what to pack to how much to walk REALLY helped. I felt really prepared. The lady in the bed next to me hadn't done any research and was having a hard time. As I write this message I am using my Swelly Belly Belt! Thank you again to everyone out there.

anirehs1996
Unread 10-13-2007, 04:52 PM

I had TVH on 10 Oct got released 12 Oct. Glad it is over, I had to stay an extra night because I got throwing up all night from the medicine I think. Since I am a chronic pain patient the staff was worried about being able to control my pain so they gave me all kinds of pain meds and meds to counteract any side effects so I got horrible sick. The hospital staff was fantastic to me otherwise and having my own private room was fantastic. The pain and bleeding is minimal but the headache and backache are a bit much. The Dr said my back will hurt because of all the moving around he had to do. Not sure why I have such a rediculous headache. I am pleased to see that my belly is not swollen but going to the bathroom to pee is a challenge but getting easier every day. Recovery gets a little easier every day.
Glad to have this done and over with ... on to healing.
Lynn
Unread 10-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Surgery date Thursday, October 11. Got home Saturday, the 14th. TAH was successful and I was able to keep my ovaries. That was a relief. Doc said the surgery went really well and the "package" that was "delivered" was the size of a football. That includes the fibroids, uterus, and cervix. I think talking to the anesthesiologist at length really helped the recovery room phase and the day after phase.

I have to commend the nurses who cared for me at the hospital. What an amazing community of people. So caring and compassionate. It takes a certain type of person to do that work. Everyone was so kind and took such good care of me. My time at the castle was pretty great.

Now I'm home and in the healing phase. Percoset is my new friend. I've never had it before but man it really helps and doesn't make me feel as out of it as Vicodin does. Let the healing begin!
Unread 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Glad to hear that most of the ladies are recovering well s to those having a rough time. Update..I'm pretty much off pain meds..just took some vicodin though because I'm having some pain after having a bowel movement..I swear going to the bathroom (BMs) has been the toughest part of the recovery. Anyway, pathology came back on Friday..no cancer!!!! yay!!!! Just confirmed the atypia along with adenomyosis...so after being devastated when I first learned I needed a hysterectomy, I'm quite happy now that it is all over with!

hugs, Jaderaven.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register