Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 10-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Went out to dinner last night, couldn't stay home for one more minute, and DH made it another yelling match. Why is it some men are just jerks?!! He told me that he wants to go play paintball this weekend, and made me feel guilty about telling him "no". (He was scheduled to go play 2 weekends ago, but I almost bled to death and had to be rushed to the hospital w/ a crit of 6.7, so sorry) He keeps saying stuff like, "Why doesn't anybody care about my feelings?" and "People think that you're the only one who's been going thru this." Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't my body the only one that's been going thru this? We can't stop fighting, he won't touch me in any way, and he always looks miserable. Am I being a witch w/ a capital B? Anybody else going thru this, or does everybody else have a DH that's actually nice and cares?! I really wish he would have gone away to the paintball thing that weekend and left me................ I cry every night, every day, all the time. I wish somebody loved me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 10:05 AM

You're loved Fallvr. Well, what can I say. I had a TAV on 10-8-07. Hubby was with me all the way. the 8th was a Monday. He is on a Dart League that plays every Thursday night. I came home the Wed. before and he asked if he could go and I said yes. Before he left he made sure I was in bed, had set up a tray next to me wit everything I needed. Made sure I went tothe ladies room etc. I guess we all have to give and receive during this. he did stay at the hospital with me got up in the middle of those nights. I felt I could handle 3-4 hours alone. He called me every half hour. I'm sorry you are goin gthrough this. It is harder to recover quickly when you are under alot of stress. Everybodies healing is different too.You had to be rushec back to the hospital. That is a big set back. Alot of stree is associated with this operation on both ends. Good Luck..
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the love, don't mean to complain so often, but I know you girls here understand. I'm an emotional wreck, I guess I just wasn't ready for this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM

I actually did not do well! I had a complete hyster. and I did well after surgery then about 2 hours later I started hemmeringing . I lost 4 pints of blood I was bleeding to death. The nurses told me to speak about my family and what I wanted them to know in case I did not make it. It was very scary. They did another surgery and corrected the problem. I am home now recovering all of the drama.
Unread 10-26-2007, 02:46 PM

OH DEAR!!! That sounds so scary! SO glad you are okay now. Take it easy cheerup6... really easy!

And fallvr; you take it easy too. I know it sounds cliché, but this too shall pass. Try to keep your eye on something great to look forward to in the future. That's what is keeping me going. Also, are you on any anti-depressants? Maybe you could speak to your doctor if you aren't. They help me SOOO much! Or maybe it's your hormones and you could speak to your obgyn.

HUGS TO YOU BOTH!
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

I had an abdominal hysterectomy on Oct 12th and also an apendectomy (sp). I kept one ovary. I had a bad reaction to the morphine....severe itching!!! All together the hospital stay was good. I think because I have the worlds greatest doctor!

I came home on October 15th. I am recovering at home now with a little pain here and there. The worst part for me has been the constipation from the pain meds and the spotting. I have had lots of head aches and some small hot flashes since coming home but nothing major. I am still very swollen and numb near my incision which is irritating. I am glad I found this site now I can stop asking my mother for info every 5 seconds.

Rita-31
Abdominal Hysterectomy/1 ovary
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:45 PM

Well, my TAH/SBO was the 11th, and I still am taking ibuprofen around the clock, as well as Percocet once a day (usually early evening); probably twice today. Today, lots and lots of burning, feels just like the burning when I had a C-section many years ago. So, I think either I'm a total wimp (probably not), or we all have different surgical areas affected/extent of surgery (mine was really nasty, uterus needed to be cut into pieces to remove it, and 1 ovary & tube adhered to abdominal wall)/different pain tolerances.
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:57 PM

Ouch!! I have been off the Percocet this week....only because of the constipation! Which was the most terrible thing so far. Not to be graphic but to me it the pushing made me feel like I was going to split in 2! I am still taking some Ibuprofen in the evenings. I am also extremely tired. I had the uterous, and both tubes, one ovary and my appendix removed. I had a lot of endometriosis and pelvic congestion. To me it seems like when I have a good day I pay for it the next! I have a lot of swelling which is painful, but the incision is completely numb. I hope you get better soon! Hang in there you are not a wimp! As my husband keeps telling me you just had MAJOR surgery!
Unread 10-26-2007, 05:01 PM

i'm still on ibu600 round the clock w/ the occassional percoset. my surgery was not complicated, but i still have pain. i also get tired really fast. everyone keeps telling me it's only been two weeks and major surgery, but i just want to be "normal" again. patience, i know.... but *sigh*
Unread 10-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Are any of you ladies having night sweats or hot flashes?? I have been out of the hospital 2 weeks and every night I wake up at least twice drenched in sweat. I have seriously never sweat in my life! I can run 5 miles and bearly get my hair damp! I thought in keeping one ovary that this wasn't supposed to happen!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register