Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
treadmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by honk4goosey
just wondering about your treadmilling? how long and how fast do you go? did doc say it's ok?

i've been taking little walks outside but i start to hurt or feel pulling and uncomfortable pretty fast. not sure how i would do on the treadmill, but maybe i should give it a try?
I was a little concerned myself. But at my two week visit he said I could resume normal activity as I feel up to doing. I have worked up to walking a whole 2.1 miles per hour! (I'm being sarcastic) It's not very fast but it's a start. I only can walk for 20 minutes. How long can you walk for? Thanks for the concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 02:06 PM
swelly belly

All right. It's been almost four weeks and my belly still seems to be swollen. Mostly at night. It doesn't seem as swollen in the morning. I want my body back!
Unread 11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Hi I had my TAH with removal of the right ovary , on OCT 8 and was home OCT 11. The surgery went well, but the day of and that night was awful, so much pain. I went back in the hospital 10 days post-op for infection, the dr that saw me in the hospital wanted to open the incesion and let it heal from the inside-out, but I didn't have that done, instead he cut open about 2 inches of the incesion and placed a drainage tube. I had the tube removed about 5 days later, but I am still having alot of infectous drainage. Also I was antibotics for 10 days. Does any one have any experience with this type of problem, and how long should this drainage last?
Thank you for all the support,
April----30 yrs old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure2
I was a little concerned myself. But at my two week visit he said I could resume normal activity as I feel up to doing. I have worked up to walking a whole 2.1 miles per hour! (I'm being sarcastic) It's not very fast but it's a start. I only can walk for 20 minutes. How long can you walk for? Thanks for the concern.
not too sure how far and fast i go as i'm not on a treadmill. i manage to go a little farther and faster every day, though. that being said, it ain't too far or fast at this point, but i'm just happy to feel improvement and some fresh air. i'm still taking it slow just to be on the safe side. i feel some pain and swelling still, so i'd rather be safe than sorry. that's just me...
Unread 11-04-2007, 07:22 AM

So sorry to hear about the set back.I had antibiotics before sugery and 10 days after.I had a bad infection after gyno took out right ovary Aug 3...when she found all the endo.I was very sick then.She gave me antibiotics and I felt better in a few days.But after total hyster,and 3 weeks later I'm doing much better.I am tired alot tho.And I was having problems sleeping so I was put on xanax for bedtime.And believe me they work like a charm.I am at least getting a full 6 hrs instead of the lousy 2 I used to get.The surgery was very extensive and I guess we all just have to take time and patience until we heal.It is a long road and I certainly hope it was worth it.Hope you are feeling a bit better daily.It is slow but you will get there.Lots of luv and prayers go out to you
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Well it has been 3 weeks since surgery and I was feeling pretty good...I even went back to work for a few hours a day. I guess in going back to work I touched something that someone else had and now I have brochitis. I am coughing so much that I think my insides will fall out. I am really frustrated because I was so careful not to over do it and it doesn't even matter! I am sure that the stitches on the inside are totally shot now due to all the coughing! I was having no pain and now i feel like it is a week after surgery! Totally bummed!!!
Unread 11-04-2007, 11:37 AM

I think Rita's experience is one of the overwhelming reasons I am not going back to work (although I feel like I could for a few hours a day), and avoiding crowds as much as possible. I made sure that I got a flu vaccine in the Hospital, DH got his, and DDs get theirs tomorrow. I don't want to get 'sick' with a cold. When DDs have their doctors appointments tomorrow, I'm asking for us to be immediately placed in treatment rooms, so that I'm not sitting in a waiting room.
Unread 11-04-2007, 12:19 PM
it feels like pinching where cervix used to be and...

after over three weeks having a painful day. the past few days have been so much better, it's discouraging to feel like this today. it feels like whatever is replacing my cervix is about to fall out and my tummy is all stabby again. WAH! anyone else feel like this?
Unread 11-04-2007, 12:39 PM

I d*****atly should have listened to DH when he said that my immune system was low and that I needed to be careful of germs! If I could pass on any advice STAY IN YOUR HOUSE, away from crowds and don't go back to work!!!
Unread 11-04-2007, 01:40 PM

I thought of that too rromaker. but Iwent into work yesterday to pick up my pay stubs, And today I feel like a cold is coming on> Can you catch one that fast?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register