Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

My doctor says yes.He is telling me that if I am not feeling better by in the morning then I have to come in because he thinks it maybe phenumonia. He said that one trip to the grocery store we can catch something because my immune system is so down. Good luck to you sister! I wouldn't want anyone to go through this!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Tired,sappy,feeling useless

Hi everyone...just seeing if anyone is feeling this way...I am now 3 weeeks 2 days out.I know that I am getting better slowly but I was just wondering if anyone is feeling more tired than usual,and doing a bit of crying because you feel like you are just existing and not being able to do to much around the house?My fiancee and kids have been absolutely wonderful through all of this but I have been feeling very lonely and useless.Like I'm a lump that just wanders from the bed to the couch...tired as heck...and then I do go to the kitchen for a drink.It has been very cold here and I am nervous of going out for a walk and getting sick.That's all I need right now.Another thing is...I can't get the fact that I might go through menopause and not be able to handle it.I am a bit scared.I'm ok on the weekends when everyone is home with me...but then come Monday out to work he goes and off to school they go.Now I'm really alone.Not allowed to drive yet...so that leaves a trip to the dollar store out...so what do I do with my day?I like to cross stitch...but can't do that all day.Does anyone feel any of these ways and what can I do for the day?I know you all have your own things going on but I'm up for any ideas.Thanks for reading this and I hope you are doing well
Unread 11-04-2007, 05:02 PM

backontrack, i feel like that in a BIG way today. i was doing great the past few days but today i'm not so good. i'm just laying around like you described because i am in pain today and feeling like my insides are gonna fall out. it's an icky uncomfortable feeling. i drove once but i'm so afraid to overdo it i don't really want to go anywhere. i haven't even tried to put on real clothes yet as i'm afraid i'm going to get depressed by that. i manage to keep busy with puzzles, mosaics, reading, movies, tv, phone calls, naps, food and walking...but it's so meaningless. i managed to do some bills and banking last week but that's not my idea of fun. so sorry you feel that way, but you aren't alone. hopefullly soon we will all be back on track like your handle says, and better than ever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2007, 04:42 AM

I d*****itely know what you mean about wanting your body back.I just want to feel like myself.Not having pain but sore...like I got beat up...guess in a way I did...LOL...and just like you...when I got pathology report back I knew I made the right decision.Though it has been rough...if I had waited it would have been alot rougher.Thing that is most annoying is the tiredness.Just when I seem to be on the mend...boom...the tired monster strikes in full force.But I listen and off to bed I go.Usually it's just an hr or so.I know it's going to take time.I am trying hard to be patient.Hope everyone is on the mend and taking it easy
Unread 11-05-2007, 04:55 AM

Thanks honk4goosey...Well even though we feel like poop..I am glad to know that I am not alone in this.My brain wants to go go go...but body says...no no no...I did drive to Mcdonalds on Saturday...did ok...but still feel sore...not pain...just sore...like a bruise..I have been wearing a girdle(gyno recommended) which has helped quite a bit...but getting sick of that.My gyno did tell me that the recovery is enough to depress anyone.Just that you can't do what you want.Have to listen to the body.And mine is tired.I never realized how many women are having hysterectomies these days.It is a bit scarey.I did see that you got to keep your ovaries.I had to have it all out.Doc said..if she's going in there it would all have to come out.I had a severely infected cervix and left ovary and uterus fused together cuz of endo.Don't know why.But just glad to know there was no cancer.But I do know I am getting somewhat better as before surgery I couldn't even eat a bit of food.Eating ok now...but fill up quick.I needed to shed a few pounds anyway...LOL... guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best.I hope today is a better day for both of us.Take it easy and don't overdo it.
Unread 11-05-2007, 06:08 AM

I am almost at my 5 week post-op. I remember the 3 week very weel, cry fests galore! felt usless, tired of being laid up, sore, tired, better, no worse. it was a roller coasterride. Hang iin there, by wee 5 you will be feeling so much better. i woldn't drive. I haven't driven once(take that back I drove my son up to the Red Box for a movie, but never got out of the cat,and that was less than a 1/4 mile) i go today for my 1st post-op since my TAH on 10-8-07. Kinda scared and kinda anxious. Take care ladies, and just rest. I know its tough, but in the long run it will be better. If its to cold out to walk, dolike I do. Takes laps around the house.Increase your laps every day. Than go lay down..
Unread 11-05-2007, 07:46 AM

Hello sweet princesses,
I had mine on Oct 12. I was put on antibiotcs 3cdays after surgery for possible streph, had lesions im my throat, could hardly swallow. Then saw doc last wednesday and more antibiotics for infection in my crotch, something had adheared to my skin, he called it a foreign substance. I was suppose to go back to work today, but am seeing doc today. Not sure if I am ready for work , will see what he says. Sorry about the setbacks for some of you. Im still having some pain also and tired...................will write after appp................God Bless You All
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:21 AM

Oh twobtrue..I am so glad for the 3rd week this is so called normal.I thought I was losing my mind.And besides all that I hate rollercoasters.I had an appt 1 week out to remove 35 staples...and then 2 weeks out to just see how incision was healing.Now I got back 6 weks out...Nov 20...can't wait to see doc.And I do hope you are right and by week 5, I wll be feeling even better.Thanks for the positive outlook...I needed it and lots of luck at the docs.Hope you are healing well and getting better daily.Thanks again.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:33 AM

thanks for the lift backontrack. I go to see my dr. for the first time since surgery and I am into my 5 week post-op. I see him again on the 19th of Nov. And then am suppose to return to work on the 20th, but we will see. Remember, week 2-3 seemed to be the worst for me. Sure, you will still have your tired and sore days, but ir does get better as you will read in alot of posts. Hold your head up and keep on trucking(boy..it that phrase doesn't shoe my age.lol) Fluids, food, rest. but walk when you can..Good luck.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM

3rd week over, but I am amazed that I can't get to sleep at night as soon as my head hits the pilow. I can't even nap during the day, which never bothered me before. My pain meds were gone after week 1 (vicodin), they didn't prescribe anymore, so I went to Motrin.

Now, I have lower back pain now and again, and minor twinges around my ovaries sometimes. Not even taking Motrin now, but maybe I should.

My major problem, I don 't drink enough. I'm my own worst enemy. One night, I was so dry, I got a bottle of water and drank 2/3 of it in a gulp!
I'm trying, Sisters, I'm trying!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register