Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

I went shopping this week and bought Hanes support (light) underwear at Target. They were 2 pair for $11.00 and it's really made a difference! I've actually been able to start sleeping on my side! My incision is horizontal and I've got "extra" above the incision. It seems to hold me in place just enough to not pull when I roll over. I wasn't given a binder either; maybe they only put them on if you have a vertical incision? Not sleeping through the night but better being able to get on my side.
The other new thing that helped me was Grape Nuts! Surprisingly, helped things move along much easier.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to get out and enjoy the fall colors.
JudithL
TAH/BSO
Just 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 08:38 AM

twobtrue, thanks for the reply.
my hubby wants to take me out to the market today. THE MARKET?! hahahahaha! isn't he romantic?! well, i'll take any outing just to get away from these four walls.

glad you are feeling better, too. and yes, it has been a long time coming.

just wondering... can anyone lay on their belly yet without discomfort? mine is still tender but i so long for the feeling of laying on my tummy and not feeling the brick inside (the fibroid). my swelly belly is still there... sigh... i hate looking at it!!!
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:40 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I am back to having enegry, it seems to come in spurts... One day I will be great and then a couple days later none...LOL
It's hard to believe week 4 is coming right up, I feel great overall though. Was kinda chuckling kast night had a little pain in my right side and had to stop and remind myself there isn't anything there to hurt me anymore...
Hopefully today I will get the upstairs cleaned good as I have only kept up the downstairs...
Beacher~ I think its great you are back at work for a little while at a time...
Honk4goosey~ The better days will soon start taking over the blah ones.....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Hello sisters....I have quite a few complaints today...I don't know why I feel this way but I do and am a bit worried...I have some soreness on both of my sides...even with my lovely girdle on...it feels like bruises...maybe inside?And last night I felt sick to my stomach...my nerves are a bit shot...I have other things going on in my life besides my surgery so maybe thats why my stomach was upset...I do also want to know how the heck doctors decide whether you need HRT or not???I have my 6 week check up on the 20th and am curious to find out some things...and to honk4goosey....i obught my girdle...just a shaper I guess you would call it...it has been awesome for me...I too walked the day after surgery...and if it wasn't for my girdle I couldn't have done it...and one more thing...whats up with the crying jags...stress?hormones?or just me?Hope you are all doing well
Unread 11-10-2007, 04:07 PM

backontrack,
i think we probably are bruised on the inside. i even have black and blue marks around my belly button, so it must be so. also i wonder if the girdle is really tight if that can cause bruising our delicate insides. the soreness could also be gas. i still have a lot of gas... most unpleasant sometimes.

not sure about the crying jags. i had one so far. could be hormones, or maybe we have just gone through a huge ordeal and we have to get it all out of our systems somehow.

i had a pretty decent morning but then had to take a nap. not sure i'll be up to the big outing to the market the hubby had planned for me. he might have to go solo again. wonder what strange things he'll find for us to eat this time? LOL
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Oh honk4goosey....you are so funny....so sorry if you couldn't make it to the store...but maybe hubby will bring home shrimp and lobster....LOL...and make you a candle lit dinner...that would be nice...and I never thought of the girdle being to tight...cuz gyno checked it and said it was wonderful...better than a binder...I'm sure the soreness is probably the bruising on the inside and maybe the way I am sleeping.Just thought that after 4 weeks I still wouldn't be sleeping as much but I do know the surgery was an ordeal.And I also can now sleep on my belly so maybe it is just too much for the insides to handle.But I am a belly sleeper so I am sleeping much better but still have tired bouts in the day too.I appreciate all the posts that have helped me through this so far.I just can't wait till we can all say...we are feeling 100%...someday thats what all our posts will consist of....but until then...all we can do is our best and take it easy...thanks so much to all of you...hugs and kisses and well wishes to you
Unread 11-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Good morning,
Having a rough time . Kinda depressed. I am just so tired. Thouhgt I would get up and go to church this morning, but didnt have the energy. And thought tomorro I have to be at work at 8. Ohhhh Am planning on going to a movie with my friend later. Yesterday did a little shopping, and then last night was so tired, and I always get a lot of pain in evening after being on my feet. Dont mean to complain so much, but I do appreciate that I can to all of you and you understand. I feel for all of you that were cut, thats just more for you to heal. Well one day at a time right.............. Hope you all have a good day........Marguerite(beacher29)
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:05 AM

Feeling the same as just about everyone else. I really didn't do much at all Friday and Saturday, but also did not rest at all midday yesterday. By 9:30 last nite, I was really achy/sore and in a very, very bad and frustrated mood. Also, for the first time, DH was not supportive of my soreness/achiness, telling me that if I was in the shape I said I was, I needed to go to the doctor (ie., he didn't want to hear about me being tired). I have learned that there are a few things contributing to my achiness: if I don't take stairs one at a time (easy to forget when you're feeling better), if I stretch up high (had painting done and was hanging pictures), if I step up high on anything (like a small stepstool or chair). It seems like anything that stretches the abdomen more than a single step leads to achiness. And, staying up all day long without reclining. Also, I have tried to do a little more housework (ie., sorting laundry, moving it between equipment, which requires more bending), and even vacuumed one day, because no one would do it. I'm hoping to discuss these issues with my family later today... they see me doing some things, and just assume I'm 100%. They don't offer to help, and refuse me when I ask.
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:13 AM

beacher, complain away! i feel like at this point our family and friends might be getting tired of hearing it. last night i hit a wall so hard i couldn't even be standing up and had to take pain meds. i guess i did too much and paid for it. our bodies don't want us to forget they're still healing i guess. rest up today, beacher, and take it slow back at work. hugs ~goosey
Unread 11-11-2007, 08:30 AM

neverimagined, i think that's the danger of doing too much, and i'm not talking about the pain and exhaustion. i'm talking about people thinking we are okay again and the we can return to our old selves. i'm starting to see that happening around here, too, but thank gawd they help me when i ask. that would really make me mad if they didn't. glad you are going to talk to the family about that.

i don't remember where i posted it before, but i was saying the other day that part of me wants to be the "princess" for awhile longer even if i'm starting to feel better. is that so wrong?

hope things get better.
~goosey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register