Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

I thought I was feeling great this morn. so I thought I would do a little stair stepping. WRONG IDEA I think. Feels like I pulled something, but you now what, I can't help but feel like you have to push yourself alittle to the point of moving things in a way you haven't in a long time. I don't know if this is the right way of going about it, but if I don't start moving my body in the way it should be I feel like I will never get back into shape. I only did 10 stair steps. I will take it east now and go through much needed paper work in my files.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 10:02 AM

i think i'll go sit on my arse at the movies for a couple of hours today instead of walking. but i think i agree with you twobtrue about pushing it a little. i'm not sure it's smart, but it is what my head thinks makes sense. as long as we get our rest and princess pampering, too.
~goosey
Unread 11-12-2007, 10:06 AM

I love this site and all you gals!! I just got off the phone with the nurse at my gyn's office to see if I could get my 6 week check up moved to this week, because I'm feeling crappy. But then I came to this site, and voila! I'm feeling better all ready! She told me how I was feeling was normal, etc, but it means so much more when I hear others are feeling the same way! On Friday of this week it will be 5 weeks for me..and for 4-5 days I've been feeling pressure down there..(someone else described it as a "heavy" feeling) At 4 am this am, I woke up with alot of abdominal pain. Felt alot like menstrual cramping..but without the uterus (lol) I took a T3 and got back to sleep but still have that heavy, pressure feeling. I've noticed it gets worse just before a BM and thought maybe I was constipated..but I went alot yesterday so go figure. I too have been walking 1/2 hour to and hour a day, and my GP says as long as I'm feeling up to it, my body will tell me if it's too much. Last night after 10 minutes I stopped mostly because of the heavy feeling again. I really haven't had alot of pain throughout this, and really didn't expect this to turn around this late in my recovery. I'm so glad I can come to this site and get comfort from other gals, who are just as worried and are feeling some of what I am. Thanks for sharing you guys! Here's to feeling normal again!
LAVH, AP repair, bladder sling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Toward the evening the "heavy" feeling is getting kinda old for me. I am looking so forward to theNew Year, and will mark it as a celebration.Because it will surely be a New year. It is rainy here today in good 'ol Missouri. Kinda nice for a Monday.It fits well. I am taking a break from going through all my papers (file cab.,etc.) what a job. I haven't done in in years. I found Christmas card envelopes from friends and relatives from last year, and will type them up and print them to make a new list fro this year. Something to do, but I still need to get up and walk. SZitting makes my incision to hurt if I do it for a long time. Sitting up straight and concentrating on my breathing seems to help too. Keep the breathing in the stomache area instead of the chest area. It works!
Unread 11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Hangin in there

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.

I do love this site. Even though I have little pain it gives me great comfort to hear all of you talk about what's going on. On this Friday I will be done with week 5. I can now lay on my stomach (HEY! ) But I have yet to get a full night of sleep. My definition of full night has beome anything over 3 hours at a time.

I saw someone's post earlier in the week about not have any menopause symptoms and wondering fi this was just a cruel joke. I feel the same way. I wonder if I am going to be hit with everything when I least expect it.

I still can't wear real clothing. I wear my sweats and sleeper pants. I tired pantyhose last week and wanted to ripe them off in the middle of church service. So those of you finding comfort in girdles and pantyhoses, BLESS YOU!

I will return to the doctor on the 26th. I am praying for an all clear to have some sex. My boyfriend has been absolutely wonderful. But I miss our time together. At least that is my hope. A girl has to have some dreams.

For those of you returning to work ...just remember that you are not completely healed and you have to take it easy. I'm blessed that I can have this timeoff. And I realized everyone doesn't have that benefit. But either way, you and your body have to be the #1 concern. Listen toyour body and rest. Push yourself a little just not too much.

I love all my sisters here. I hope everyone is having a better day.
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:01 PM

I hear you Barbj93 on the sex part....I'm hoping I'm cleared at my 6 week check up..but more than than I hope everything "works okay"!! I think my abdominal pressure could be another bladder infection as well, so I'm going to take in a sample tomorrow. I'm also going to make myself walk today, as I haven't much in the past two days, and I think that could be contributing to things as well. Thanks again for all of the wonderful feedback. We're all going to be okay...someday!!
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
pulled muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriatee
Hi ladies.

Just back from the dr, he said it is like a pulled muscle or ligament and is most likely skeleto-muscular pain and not directly linked to surgery. I did feel a bit daft as I was certain it was something more sinister. Its a relief though. He also said it looks like I am healing nicely and the incision looks very good!

So he has given me ibuprofen to take 3 times a day and said to get back to the walking as this will help also. But if not better in a week to go back and see him.

Who knew a little pulled muscle could hurt that much?!

Thank you for your kind words and support girls.

Hope you all have a good day today, where ever you are. ((((HUGS))))
Hey, I think it is so weird that I also pulled a muscle in my upper thigh. I haven't gone to the doctor about it. It does hurt pretty bad though. It's been hurting for two weeks. It does get a little better but if I bend the wrong way it feels like I just re-injure it. What did your doctor tell you to do? I didn't think there was any treatment for it but to stay off of it. Not good timing for me. I've been back to work for a week now and have no sick time left. I'm very tired. Very tired.
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Feel like I'm living in Tale of Two Cities today. On the one hand, it's a govt. holiday, and DH is home. He took me to the store in the morning, took me out for lunch and coffee afterwards. I've taken it easy all weekend and today; only two doses of ibuprofen yesterday, and no pain meds so far today (for the very first day, but it may not last). So, it's been good. On the other hand, my sister decided to launch her holiday control plan a week before Thanksgiving, called me and is having a huge party Sunday. I said we'd come, but wouldn't stay long (since I don't want to be in a crowd, I'm very guarded with getting bumped and poked, and since she has cats, which make me sneeze, and I don't want to sneeze). The told me that '... you should be over all of that by now...' (I type this as I lean back in the chair, since my sides are swollen and achy). Then, got an e-mail from boss asking exactly when I'll be back to work.... simple response was that I'll see the doctor on Friday, and know then.

I was telling myself that it's time to wean away from this wonderful website, but I know now that I need the sisterhood more than ever!
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure2
Hey, I think it is so weird that I also pulled a muscle in my upper thigh. I haven't gone to the doctor about it. It does hurt pretty bad though. It's been hurting for two weeks. It does get a little better but if I bend the wrong way it feels like I just re-injure it. What did your doctor tell you to do? I didn't think there was any treatment for it but to stay off of it. Not good timing for me. I've been back to work for a week now and have no sick time left. I'm very tired. Very tired.
Hi, he said could be muscular, skeletal or a ligament in my case (maybe he just does not know!). I don't really think its the same as pulling a muscle in your thigh, poor you

I am fortunate as get 6 weeks minimum off work as standard, he just told me to take the Ibuprofen as its anti-inflammatory and get exercise. I have noticed a difference after taking only 2 of the pills. I think if its gone on for 2 weeks and is quite clearly causing you problems you should maybe see or call your dr for advice.

I do hope it gets better for you soon.
Unread 11-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Good question Goosey.......
I still cant figure out how much is to much. I worked today for most of the day, came home at lunch and layed down for an hour , that did help with the tiredness. Called doc and he wanted to see me this afternoon, so went there to. Said the pain I am feeling is from all the stiches inside, kinda like its just laying against my bowels and my lower back side. Reminded me im not 32 .....I did tell him 28 not 32 and he laughed. But 51 is not the same as it was when i was 28 LOL......... Told me to take the pain meds. I have Darvecet....cant take them at work. I konw the docs I work for are a little concerned about my pain.....welll we will see......have to see my doc next monday again. As far as moving around to much....who knows............I just know that i am tired.......................Love you all...............Marguerite(beacher29)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register