Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Hi Everyone!

Had my surgery on the 8th, came on on the 9th, follow-up today! Everything has been removed, 4 1/2 hours, fibroids where larger than they expected and more of them than expected. My question is, I still get tired easy and have painful bm's, is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Catters,
Be careful wondering around and still being "woozy",i slept off and on for at least the first 5 days AFTER I got home. i tinkh the anesthesia stays in your body for awhile, as the morphine they gave me at the hospital. I will pray th e path. work comes back as you want. Keep up the good progress.
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:02 AM

my first few bowel movements were very difficult and I was afraid to bear down...they also made me feel very green But after about the third one, they have been much easier and almost no pain at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 08:09 AM

October 15th, in and out today October 16th, Great experience, little pain, I feel better than expected. So glad it's over, I'll keep you posted!
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Newbie to Hyster Sisters

Hello everyone, I had my surgery Oct. 11, 2007. I had a SAH w/ tube removal and a r/s only ovary removal due to the fact I lost the l/s 20 yrs ago. The first 2 days in the hospital were sleepless the third day was the worst with no sleep due to the constant gas pains that were unbearable. I am home now, still having some gas issues , but not so bothersome. I feel a bit depressed today, had a crying bout this AM. Now that I found this site maybe I can speak with others with similar feelings and situations to help this process continue easier. I'd like to give a GIGANTIC to everyone out there dealing with this. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:38 AM

I thought I was the only one who had a UTI pre and post surgery, but it sounds pretty common, hope your doing well
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyanna
My surgery was Oct 5 @ 2:30 but Dr was delayed in case before mine. I was anxious but then thought if she's taking her time and doing it right then I'm in good hands if I have problems. Of course I only remember waking up but DH told me the Dr reported it was a difficult op. I guess my uterus was large (12 Wk.) and in bad shape so thank God for my meticulous Dr.

Came home Oct 7, and doing very well. I'm a little nervous about the UTI I had pre and post op. I did not even know I had it until I had preadmission tests. All in all I'm okay. 1st BM was a shocker.

Yesterday I tried to hold off on the pain meds but by the afternoon was ready for it. I have quit the darvocette and rely on the Ibuprofen 600mg. I'm not a pill taker so these will go soon also even if I have to bear a little discomfort.

Getting a little bored with TV and Xwords, my daughter will take me to the library if I ask her. Might be a good idea.

Be well sisters!

Sallyanna 52 and on the other side.
I thought I was the only one with a UTI pre and post surgery, but it seems pretty common
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Taking it easy....

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The only thing I have been doing is folding clothes. I have no desire to go back to the hosptial due to ripped stitches. I have 1 hubby, 1 adult child, my 12 year old twins and one 4 1/2 year old grandson cleaning. We won't go into standards.
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
6 days out of LAVH BSO & TVT - still ouch!

Hello sisters,
This board has been an invaluable resource preparing for my procedure on Oct 10, and after a one night stay at the castle, I came home, a bit sore and brainfogged, with catheter which came out the following day.

Percocet with a dash of xanax (to prevent pain spikes exacerbated by anxiety) has been a godsend but still I feel that after 6 days there should be much less pain. But then again maybe I'm just a pain weeney.

The primary pain is a mix of ungodly stuck gas pushing up against those tender surgical sites, plus I have two surgical sites on each side of my labia that I am quite perplexed at. I don't recall any discussion about incisions through the labia, so I have a call into my doc today to get up to speed on what that's about and why they hurt (the muscle tissue underneath). Plus I'm having what feels like ovarian phantom pain. The portal incision sites are virtually free of pain.

They also discovered a 3.5" ovarian cyst that was apparently very close to rupturing when they went in, which explains why the pain had gotten sooo much worse over the last 3 months. That cyst had taken off and grown quite rapidly over the course of 6 months.

Blessings: My DH, knowing I'd be spending lots of time esconced in bed, had a new bed ready to go (delivered hours before I came home, LOL) so I am in heaven in my new king size pillowtop with yummy new soft bedding and pillows. It makes such a difference being enveloped in soft cushy environs. I also made sure to purchase lots of jammies and nighties made of modal cotton which feels like being wrapped in a cool cotton cloud.

Weird Note: I've noticed that my tastebuds are wacked out. Oatmeal tastes like rubbing alcohol and my most dearly beloved staple, Bruschetta from Trader Joe's now tastes like fermented disgusting tomatoes. Corn tortillas taste like wamed cat pee. Go figure....hopefully things will correct themselves at some point?

I'm also having some morning nausea which I imagine is probably like morning sickness from the vivelle .1 mg patch? Either that or the pain meds.

Best find: Netflix has a great feature where you can watch movies or shows from their collection right from your laptop without having to order them in the mail. My laptop has become a great friend during recuperation. Between watching DVD's, watching netflix shows online, and listening to lovely tunes through Itunes, my needs are pretty well set.

Sensory Tip: My DH and his mom purchased a ton of flowers so that I came home to fresh flowers in every room of the house! That made such a difference!

So that's my recovery report. Just soooo glad to be over the pain of the last 2 years and worry from the last several months. I appreciate everyone's stories and support!

Sharon
Unread 10-16-2007, 02:36 PM

Had my lap for endometriosis and vag hyst on Oct 10th. Stayed one night in the hosp. Got home at 10 am and by 4pm my mom and gram came to 'take care' of me and 2 young boys-and hard working 3rd yr resident husband. I have pretty much overdone it most days. I didn't sleep the first 3 nights, much pain and stress. I finally slept all night Sat. and most of the day on Sunday. Finally today I felt like a fairly normal human. I did go out shopping for a bit with mom and gram, but did finally rest this afternoon for an hour or 2. Pain has been better but still using a couple percoset daily and also ibuprof 600 q 6h. I wish I wasn't so tired all of a sudden, but I suppose after 6 days post surg, this is better than some, and probably not well advised by my physician. Sounded to me like I was supposed to be laying in bed for 2 weeks straight. Does that sound right? Am wondering if I am going to hit a wall here in the future. I have a hard time accepting help....and rarely will I ever ask for it. Will take all the advice I can get.
Thanks and happy recovery girls. : O)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register