Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

I mostly asked the basic questions listed here and was told that because of my age (51), if I hadn't had hot flashes/night sweats, I probably wouldn't have any. He did give me a very low dose of Estradiol to try to help me sleep. He said that I would know within 48 hours if that was the answer; the jury's still out on that though. I'm going to give it a week. I go back to work on Monday after Thanksgiving and I need a good night's sleep. I was diagnosed with adenomyosis/endo and cysts and fibroids so I'm a little concerned with any estrogen, but he assures me it's such a low dose it won't matter.
I feel better each day and was given the green light and no restrictions, so we'll see how work goes. They're anxious for me to get back since no one does what I do. They've been really great about not bugging me while at home. Will try to limit my hours for at least a week at first. The holidays are coming into view and I'm going to try to ease into the decorating/cooking slowly. I've actually done some of my shopping via internet, a first for me.
Happy Thanksgiving, I've got a lot to be thankful for this year; especially not having the extra "mess" that I've been dealing with for the past year
JudthL
TAH/BSO with adenomyosis/endo, cysts and fibroids
Just 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM

Hello my princess friends,
I went to the doctor AGAIN, been there 3times already. Im heading tward 6 weeks this friday. I had a vag hyst with a bladder lift and some repair. Cervex also taken. Doc examined me today, it was a little soar, said my stiches are not healed yet, and that is why I am having pain still and lower back ache. Possible bladder infection also. So Put me on a anti bacterial med. Will know soon about about urine spec. I am back to work also, And do find myself very tired, so by the time I get home thats it, nothing left of me. Thanksgiving at my house.....what are they all thinking...oh well kinda upsets me.........thanks forletting me complain........It seems everyone thinks everything is fine now, but its not................I want to be me again.........................well love you all......................thanks Marguerite(beacher29)
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Black Cohosh etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annitt
I had my hysterectomy done vaginally where they removed tubes, both ovaries and uterus.. I have not taken the prescribed hormones that the doctor gave me. I have been taking vitamin supplements that I get from Swanson Vitamins. One is called Menopause essential and the other is call Women's Multi Prime. So far I have not had night sweats, hot flashes or any of those symptoms. Also Black Cohash works good for the night sweats because I was having them before surgery. I don't know if you can take any of these natural vitamins but thought I would let you know what's working for me.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will discuss this with my doctor, she is open to homeopathic/holistic alternatives to conventional medicine. I dress light at night and have my ceiling fan on low, so if I get cool I get under the covers, so I am usually pulling the cover off, putting the cover on and so on and so on.... It can be tiring. My first day back work went well, I do better keeping busy. Since I have a desk job it wasn't tiring. I exercised when I got home for 30 minutes, cooked chili for dinner and now I am going to relax and do it all over again tomorrow, except we will have left overs... Thanks again I will let you know what my doctor says.... ((hugs)).. Take care, dee....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:56 PM

We decided to go out for Thanksgiving dinner. I just don't have it in me to cook a big dinner this year. Today I woke up with bad stomach pains...it feels like I've done 100 stomach crunches. Other than the stomach pains I had a pretty good day. I folded clothes...changed the sheets and cooked dinner. I've taken pain meds and they seem to help the pain alittle. I go tomorrow for my check-up so I'll ask the doctor about the pains. I just can't wait to be able to take a bubble bath again! I'm due to return to work on Dec 6th? We'll se how that goes. I've missed my classroom but I've really enjoyed not hearing the fighting and crying during the day.

Thanks so much for letting me vent here...my family doesn't seem to understand what I'm going through. They think since I put on clothes somedays that I'm back to normal...so I started putting my gowns back home just before they would get home. I know that sounds mean but hey you do what you got to do

TAH due to adno-kept the ovaries
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:17 PM

beacher29-
Cornsilk tea, available at health food stores is very soothing to the bladder.
I know some women swear by it! I drank it preop for a month or two and still drink a cup each night.
Might be worth a try, whether you wind up having an infection or not.(Hope you don't)
Massage in my lower back helps the back and the belly pain, too. Somehow, it's all connected.

Hang in there!

TAH 10-9-07 kept ovaries
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirehs1996
We decided to go out for Thanksgiving dinner. I just don't have it in me to cook a big dinner this year. Today I woke up with bad stomach pains...it feels like I've done 100 stomach crunches. Other than the stomach pains I had a pretty good day. I folded clothes...changed the sheets and cooked dinner. I've taken pain meds and they seem to help the pain alittle. I go tomorrow for my check-up so I'll ask the doctor about the pains. I just can't wait to be able to take a bubble bath again! I'm due to return to work on Dec 6th? We'll se how that goes. I've missed my classroom but I've really enjoyed not hearing the fighting and crying during the day.

Thanks so much for letting me vent here...my family doesn't seem to understand what I'm going through. They think since I put on clothes somedays that I'm back to normal...so I started putting my gowns back home just before they would get home. I know that sounds mean but hey you do what you got to do

TAH due to adno-kept the ovaries
Hi:

Hang in there.... and don't feel guilty about not cooking for Thanksgiving, there will be others.... Take care of YOU now and be patient, it will get better. Although I had a LAVH, around the 3rd week I wondered if I would get better, and I did. You have time to recover before you go back to work, so "take it easy", it is ok to do that you know... Take care ... 's, dee
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM

i know what you mean about people thinking that since you're in clothes and not popping the pain pills on a schedule you are fullly recovered.

maybe we are getting closer to that six week mark and the pains have mostly subsided, but emotionally this has been a rough one as well. i cried so much this weekend that my eyes are still all irritated and i'm just exhausted. some of it was from stuff the hubby was saying, some of it was from how i felt about myself at this point of the recovery. i could write a book here but i'll stop myself and spare you all the drama.

on a lighter note, i wore my jeans today and regular panties (not bloomers) for few hours. such a milestone! woohoo! it's so tragic, isn't it. baby steps...

i also put my jammies back on around the house. can't let them forget that we still need help here and there and we aren't yet back to 100%. i'm afraid this is going to take longer than 6 weeks, doc.
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:56 PM

first day back at work. Up at 5:15 am so that was a shock. Tired tonight but not as bad as I thought. Even wearing real clothes all day wasn't as bad. I do have a lower back ache and don't know if it's from sitting or what. Took some tylenol and I am going to bed! Dr. still put some restrictions on my exercising until another week. I can do treadmill but no weight lifting yet or kickboxing which is probably best as I don't know what I would be up for. TAH/BSO 10/8/07. 54 yrs. Happy Thanksgiving.
Unread 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Going Back to Work

I had my TAH on 10/15/07 and had my checkup today and got my release to go back to work on 11/26/07 and I'm not looking forward to going back either. I've been off 6 weeks. He told me I was released from everything..No restrictions on anything but just to listen to my body and I would know how much I could do. I definitely don't feel I could do kickboxing or step aerobics right now. I have been walking about 2 miles a day and that seems to be okay. I am going to start at the gym next week as well and work on the weights with the very lightest weights and go from there. Dr. told me to start slow and to push it so the healing process will speed up.
Unread 11-19-2007, 09:54 PM

Hello everyone!
I think I'm ready to go back to swimming, so I might try that tomorrow--or not, who knows?? My doc said I could swim at two weeks but I declined!!
Anyone else a swimmer?

TAH kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register