Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

anirehs1996-

We're selling our acreage property/house and have moved to an rv park right on the bay until???? (yes, this did happen during the last 6 weeks of my recovery!!)
We aren't even going OUT. We're all walking over to the rec hall for a
pot-luck Thanksgiving Dinner this year with others at our park! (all seniors)
My boys are SO excited since everyone here is so nice to them and they can tell the elderly folk all about their fishing/crabbing and duck hunting adventures. Better than at home, for them!
We will bring cranberry sauce and bag salad. EASY for dh to make!God provides!
This will likely be an unforgettable Thanksgiving for our two little men!
(As well as for my oldest son (19) who is in Afghanistan )
DO I FEEL GUILTY I AM UNABLE TO COOK??--NOO I DO NOT!!!!!

If we had dinner at home dh and the two boys were planning on cooking anyway. They did this last year and Mom was able to relax and be civil.(all holidays USED to somehow manage to coincide with my period and accompanying pms "dementia")

YOU enjoy your Thanksgiving, dear princess.

TAH kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:06 PM

i'm a swimmer, tw47. my doc said just walking for the first 6 weeks. based on this site, there doesn't seem to be much continuity between what' doctors recommend. i think swimming would feel really great about now. i'm going to wait until after my 6 week post op appt for the green light, though. i'm going to ask about physical therapy, too. if i get an rx my insurance will cover it. there is a p.t. office at my gym. i think the guidance getting back into shape will help me do it safely and hopefully keep me motivated. we shall see. i'm not exactly an exercise junkie but i do miss feeling stronger and toned.

it just got freeeezing here so i'm not so sure i'd be so quick to jump into the pool right now anyway. we have an indoor pool but i prefer the outdoor. and the thought of what i look like in my swim suit ****SHUDDER****
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:10 AM

well, I tried putting on jeans yesterday.It was a no go. Stomache still swollen and incision site sore...what a bummer. Besides the swelly belly and some tenderness at incision I feel pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Hi all! I'm 5 weeks post-op and feel horrible and sore this week...so depressing. I get such pain and pressure when I'm on my feet too much, how in the world are some of you girls actually walking for exercise?? I'm miserable from laundry/dinner/dishes. (no lifting though, but lots of bending picking up clothes from floor, etc.)

Please, someone else tell me they feel crappy, too! (Sorry to wish that on anyone!)

Lisa
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Today is my 6 week check up and I woke up feeling depressed. I'm not really in pain just really sore. I want to be like those other ladies out there exercising and working but I'm just too sore. Well we will see what the dr says today.

LSH112 I do hope you start feeling better soon!
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Lisa and anirehs got to remember that we are all different and heal at differernt times. Plus we all had different things done in op etc. I am similar to you guys in regards to still being sore and there is no way i could be back at work. I can hardly get through the day as it is. i feel so tired and feel drugged up even though i am not on anything!!!!! Exercise for me at the moment is slow walking round the shops but hoping to do a bit more. will start doing light swimmimg next week to try to build up muscles. i dont see consultant till dec 7 as i say mine after 3 weeks post op.

Hugs to everyone

Susan x
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM

LSH112-
I felt horrible at five weeks! The pain was constant! By 6:00 pm I was no good for even civil conversation. I was so depressed when I read how others were "springing back" at three or four weeks! I had my six-week check up and apparently, as I have been told before, I am a slow healer.
The doc said take pain meds and GO EXERCISE because that will promote faster healing. Also vit. c, e, and calcium with my multi.
I thought, like you do, how can I go for a walk when I'm hurting so bad??
But, you know what? I have been hurting much LESS after making myself do it.
We are all different, and I know it is hard to be patient. I thought I would be completely better and have forged on to my new life by now. (ha!)
My sixth week has been so much better, so far, and today I even swam half of my usual distance. This is so strange since Sunday I couldn't even ride in the truck comfortably!!!

It will get better SOON for you, I hope. I never did bend down to the floor pretty much the whole first five weeks and still only do it when I have to... , no laundry, either--takes too much abdominal muscle. Those wet clothes are HEAVY to lift out! And the baskets?

Wishing you happier days!
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:31 PM

anirehs1996

Sorry to hear you are so sore! I can't imagine wearing snug undies or real pants right now because I am still sore, too. Since I started exercising more(walking with girdle on/swimming)
It is mostly the incision and tender-to-the-touch swelly belly!

Hope your doc visit went well!
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

honk4goosey

Thanks for the input. I didn't see it until I'd already gone and swam!(hope it WAS ok to swim??)
I went to do half of my usual swim today. It felt good, except flip-turns felt odd(all that ROOM for my guts to flip upside down in!!!)
Also, breast stroke was "interesting", shall we say? All that coold water shooting up there and shocking my cervical stitches. (woke me up!)
Didn't reach too far on the backstroke, just in case!
The biggest thing I was worried about was not being able to jump in and having to ease myself into that COLD pool!!! It took me about 5 minutes, but I DID it! I was worried that the cold would make all those abdominals tense up and hurt.
You are so smart to get help going back into exercising! I never even thought about that! Maybe you can pass on some pointers...

Hope your six weeks check goes good. You're just about where I am, and mine was last Wednesday.

TAH kept ovaries
Unread 11-20-2007, 02:06 PM

hi sisters. i just want to tell you that even though some days (even hours) are better than others, there are still times when it ain't so great. but when i'm feeling okay i try to take advantage of it. i, too, am still not bending down unless i have to. and still no lifting. my walks are pretty slow and only for about half an hour. i'm not back in the pool or doing any other exercise yet, either. it's still 2 or 3 steps forward, one step back, but i do see the progress and i'm feeling better week to week. i still get pain inside my belly, at my ex-cervix, and on the incision sight. it's less stabbing and more like burning, but it's most unpleasant.

how are you guys doing emotionally? even though i kept my ovaries i'm still feeling like i could cry at the drop of a hat, and often do. are my hormones raging? my doc says they shouldn't be but i've read other sisters say the o's go into shock.

hope today is better than last tuesday for all of you guys. week to week and baby steps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register