Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

gillygal-

Hope you are still feeling better about all that has happened.
My doc did NOT do an internal at my six-weeks.
I sure wasn't going to ASK for one!! (Too )
I didn't feel ready for that anyway. My cuff still hurts too much.
I am a slow healer so he's asked to see me in a couple of weeks.
I'm SURE I won't get out of there without one next time!

You were very brave and smart to ask for that exam and
catch the problem early!!

tw

TAH kept ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM

I had LAVH on 10/15/07 at age 48 and will go to work on Monday 11/26 and not happy about it either. I've been off 6 weeks and taking it easy also and mainly just walking. I had 6 week checkup and have been release to do anything..I still have the tugging and pulling pains especially when I'm tired. The Dr said they would eventually go away and have a lot since I first asked him about it at the 2 week checkup.. Back on the exercise - Dr. said to start slow so I was thinking about starting slow at the gym also. I am going to go to Pilates 2 days this week and then do the Power Cuts class which is a weight training class that you use a 3lb or 5 lb bar to tone.. The average age in that class is 45. After the first few days we will see if I survive and how painful this stuff is. Something got to happen to get my strength up. I feel once I get back on a normal schedule then I will be able to sleep at night also.. No hot flashes, no night sweats, no jittery feelings yet..I'm just experiencing insomnia but I haven't been on a regular schedule either to actually call it insomnia.
Unread 11-24-2007, 02:59 AM

Hi all
Its Saturday morning and Ive just got up (9.50 am here) I have a funny sensation above by scar today. It is stinging. Its below my navel but above my scar to the right. I assume its just nerves healing. Got a full fay planned. Off to see my brother for dinner tonight but some christmas shopping beforehand. Before all that the dog needs a long walk and it is raining lots here so off to get wet and probably very muddy.

Thank you for the welcome tw47 and Im glad to hear you are coping at work. Take care all.

SAH kept cervix nothing else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 06:44 AM

Hi gals...I talked to a lady at my husband's Christmas party and she said something simple that I'll share. She had and LAVH/AP repair done years ago so knows what we're all going through. She said..just remember everything heals in time. And that time is different for everyone. Even though it doesn't seem like much, it really stuck with me. It's so hard to think like that when you're in the middle of a panic "will I ever be normal again" time. I'm sure we will all look back at this time one day as just another bump in the road. Thanks for the comments guys...I truly get more out of this site than any other support I have. For instance, now thanks to your reply Tw47..I instantly have more faith in my doc (thought he was a bit of a quack for not doing an internal)..thanks for that. Now I'm more relieved to get my procedure done on Monday. Bless you gals in all of your recovery issues! I'm sending positive healing prayers/thoughts your way!!
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:59 AM

LOL toocool, about the lazy's!!! I think I have gotten used to being waited on and over the past six weeks have established some new routines that tend to be on the lazy side. I'm gonna have to get over that once I get the "green light" (hopefully) from the doctor next week! As much I look forward to feeling great and resuming my normal life, I can't say I didn't like some of the down time I've had (when the pain and discomfort finally subsided that is).

I hope you are all having a great holiday weekend.
I am so thankful for hystersisters and all of you.
This would have been sooooo much harder without you.
~goosey
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annitt
I had LAVH on 10/15/07 at age 48 and will go to work on Monday 11/26 and not happy about it either. I've been off 6 weeks and taking it easy also and mainly just walking. I had 6 week checkup and have been release to do anything..I still have the tugging and pulling pains especially when I'm tired. The Dr said they would eventually go away and have a lot since I first asked him about it at the 2 week checkup.. Back on the exercise - Dr. said to start slow so I was thinking about starting slow at the gym also. I am going to go to Pilates 2 days this week and then do the Power Cuts class which is a weight training class that you use a 3lb or 5 lb bar to tone.. The average age in that class is 45. After the first few days we will see if I survive and how painful this stuff is. Something got to happen to get my strength up. I feel once I get back on a normal schedule then I will be able to sleep at night also.. No hot flashes, no night sweats, no jittery feelings yet..I'm just experiencing insomnia but I haven't been on a regular schedule either to actually call it insomnia.
Hi:

I had my six week post op on Nov. 19th and got the all clear for exercise. I had been doing walk aerobic tapes at home up until that time. She cleared me for Pilates/Reformer exercises, kickboxing, spinning, weights, etc., but like your Dr., she said to take it slow and to listen to my body and I should be ok... Since my exam, I have done step aerobics and kickboxing and I am lifting the same amount of weight you are... I exercise for at least 45 to 50 minutes and so far no problems. I just did abs today on a balance ball for 10 minutes, and I didn't have any pain. It does feel good to get to the point where you feel somewhat normal again, exercising does that for me, I feel stronger and it actually helps me sleep better at night. I don't exercise close to my bedtime...{I exercise around 4:00pm and go to bed around 11:00}.. Also, remember that you can just walk for exercise if the other routines seem too strenuous, until you get stronger.

Good luck with everything; it will get better. Sending you "energy"and 's.. Take care, dee
Unread 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM

I missed my time frame here (my TAH was 09/28/07) but I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful tips in the pre-op section.
Things went smoothly. Hospital staff was great. Thankful it's done, don't miss a thing!
I feel soooo much better now!

LZB
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:08 AM

gillygal-

Best wishes for your procedure on Monday.
This helped me, Isaiah 40:28
"He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have no might he increaseth strength..."

and

TAH 10-9-07 tw47
Unread 11-25-2007, 05:27 AM

Hi girls!

I hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving.

Haven't posted for a while but been feeling really crappy. I got a cough nearly 2 weeks ago and its done nothing but get worse (especially the last 2 days) I am starting to suspect a chest infection. I am still getting the 'groin pain' at night so still on painkillers for that 6 weeks out just to get 3-4 hours sleep a night, although it does seem to have lessened somewhat in the last 2-3 days!

I still seem to be getting a lot of right sided abdominal pain, some is at the end of my incision but some, the worst, is above my incision towards the hip area and its extends into the middle of my tummy, it seems to come and go suddenly and happens mostly when I walk, it can be really quite sharp at times. But I have my surgeons post op visit on Tuesday so I will relay all of this to her. Previously the 2 GP's I have seen seem to think its bowel related and due to constipation, but I have not had a problem with BM's for about a week now and the pain is still there.

I can't imagine having to go back to work yet, it takes me at least 2 hours to get up, showered and dressed in the morning, and when I am done I feel ready to go back to bed! Still haven't driven as not had post op check yet, but I was advised not to drive for 6 weeks anyway.

DH and DS have been great though, they are still making me take it really easy. I did manage to go out for dinner with the family for DH's 40th birthday last Saturday but it was really uncomfortable sitting at the table to eat (and really hard finding something to wear! Darn this swelly belly!). Poor thing, I told him we will celebrate 'properly' :bigwink: when we are given the 'all clear!!!

Sorry about the long post, I just needed to vent a bit as getting really fed up with this.

gillygal, I hope your procedure tomorrow goes well

Many 's and healing thoughts to all.
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:02 AM

Hello ladies-
I think I over did it the other day. My mother and I went shopping I didn't lift anything heavy but people kept bumping into me. So we came home and I told a nap then my daughter wanted to go out so I took her and it was my first time driving and let's just say that didn't go too well. By the time we got back home my belly was so swollen and I was in too much pain. I stayed home and in bed for two days. I'm feeling better today and I'm going to have someone drive me to church today. I think I'll just try walking around the block for my excerise. Before my surgery I walked three miles aday, seven days a week. Now I can barley walk the mall! I know we all heal at different times! I' m suppose to be returning to work on the 6th? But only part-time! I hope everyone else is doing good.

Have a great day

TAH-kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register