Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-27-2007, 06:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Had my first partial day at work yesterday and went pretty well. Everyone was wonderful, told me they'd missed me. They were geuinely concerned for my well being and left me to sort through the work I'd missed and didn't push to get anything accomplished. But I did get some things done and then came home and took a rest. Slept well last night; still not all the way through. It's getting better now that I can sleep on my side. Time to get ready for my next day back. Good luck to our other sisters who are getting back into life and are starting over again into our new lives.
JudithL
TAH/BSO w adeno/endo, cysts and fibroids
Just 51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 08:32 AM

JudithL,
Glad to hear your 1st day back went so well! I think I'll probably sleep a bit better once I get back to work too. Hope things continue to go well at work, and with your recovery!
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:38 PM

I've gone almost two days without needing any pain meds. I just have dull aches these days. I've also decided to go to my work Christmas party. Today was my first day out alone. I went to do a little Christmas shopping while most people were at work. It went pretty well. My Dr said if I'm still having problem sleeping she wants to see me. I think once I go back to work it will get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 04:04 PM

Hi Sisters!
Well, I've been feeling pretty good the past few days so I pushed my limits. I went to a bead show for a couple of hours Sunday, and to meet a friend for coffee yesterday. Today i swept the floors. Im hurtin' and have taken the ibu600's for the past couple of days again. Of course I get really tired and nap every afternoon. My mind says go but my body says no.

Tomorrow is my post op appointment. I will be looking at the questions on the checkpoints list here to ask her.
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM

honk4goosey-

Glad to hear you are feeling much better these days.
Those old aches like to come back and remind us we're still in recovery!

Best wishes on your post op appointment.

tw
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM

Hi gals,
Just wanted to give you an update. My appt yesterday went great! Having the adhesion "snipped" was really no big deal at all just like the doc said. (I didn't feel a thing) I also had a new list of questions to ask him, and he was really awesome and answered them all. I feel really good and am relieved as I was so messed up after my 6 week check-up. I am struggling with a little bit of a cold, so I went back to bed this am, but other than that am feeling fine "down there"(no bleeding or anything from the procedure) He said the extra pressure I was feeling could have been caused from the adhesion, and to just see how things go. Anyhow, I guess prayer works, because I've sure been doing alot of it since Thursday. Thanks gals for your words of wisdom and support!
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Hi Ladies,
Ever since my surgery my skin has been really dry. Has anyone else had that problem. I find myself putting lotion on many times a day. My skin is not only dry but rough as well.
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:35 AM

anirehs, maybe it's just a coincidence because it's winter? i have dry skin, too, but i always do. now that you mention it, i have been putting on moisturizer more often lately. but like i said, maybe it's just winter? get a really creamy good moisturizer. lately i have been using Alba because i love the smell, mango. yummy. and very creamy. i get it at whole foods but i've seen it at long's, too. around $11 but lasts a very long time. hope that helps. ~goosey
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:06 PM

I have read that drier skin can be a result of less hormones (of course). When I was younger I could barely use a moisturizer due to oily skin but after 50 I was definitely going for the creamy stuff. Alba is a good choice. I also use a creamier face wash most of the time. I occasionally use a slight scrubbing face wash from Olay but not too often. Aveeno has nice calming face wash also. Winter does not help, though. My lips are also very dry.--toocool
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks...I also read that about the less hormones. I have another check up with the doctor next Wednesday. She's concerned about a couple of things. I stil have no feeling when it comes to my bladder. And the night sweats and hot flashes are getting worse. But today I had a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register