Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

i just got back from my post op visit with my doctor. i told her about my pains and tiredness and two step forward one step back syndrome. she said i may need another month before all the pain and the swelly belly goes away.

she said the numbness vs. the pins and needles in my tummy are about the nerves growing back and coming alive again.

she said i could resume sex, swimming, baths and hot tubs, and any restrictions are based on what i feel i can handle.

she gave me a rx for physical therapy, which they offer at my gym, so i will take advantage of that to get back into shape safely. (back into? hahahahaha)

when i asked her about the crying jags (i've cried more in the past two months than in the past two years) she said what i have been through is huge and it could be a touch of depression. she suggested if it continues that i might consider seeking professional advice, ie. therapy.

she did not do an internal exam, but felt my tummy from the outside. she said there are no more stitches inside at this point. she did an internal exam at the two week mark when i went in for bleeding. she found everything normal then and felt it was not necessary to do another internal exam.

overall she was happy with how i am progressing, which made me happy to hear. she said one day soon i will realize i havent had pain for a long time and my belly won't be swollen anymore. i can't wait for that day to come!!!

~goosey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Honk4goosey,I'm glad your visit went well. Keep up the good work and before you know it you'll be back to your old self!
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:38 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
I'm glad to see everyone is coming along well. I will return to work on Monday and I'm hoping that will help with the sleepless nights. I had my final followup on Monday and all was well. So next week I will return to work and the gym. I still have the belly swell but little pain. Although I try real hard not to overdo it. I must admit sometimes I feel so good I forget that there are still some things I shouldn't be doing. then I am reminded by a small sharp pain that says "go somewhere and sit down"

As we all get back to our "normal" remember we are still healing inside. I've heard it can take up to a year to fully recover. But we are all going to be fine. I am so grateful for this site. Reading your posting and sharing in your experience has helped me get through it. You ladies are great!

Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

I had some night sweats prior to the surgery but severe afterwards. No real hot flashes in the daytime but definitely "very warm" flashes. I started taking a Black Cohosh mix about 4 weeks ago (2 wks post op) and all my flashes have completely disappeared. My local health food store was very helpful.My gyn said that it works for some and not others but if its working for me then continue. My bladder is still not fully healed. I had alot of adhesion on the bladder and I still seem to go frequently and with some urgency. It is better than it was but is still a pain. Hope everyone is feeling better 7 or 8 weeks out. toocool TAH/BSO endo/adeno/fibroids/polyps
Unread 11-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Ok girls...here is my problems....I am 7 1/2 weeks post op...I am still so dang tired...and alot of you are having hot flashes...well I'm frozen all the time.I am also doing alot of crying and boo hooing....we did just have a big life change...we moved....yep right after surgery and right before xmas...we moved...not by choice...long story...but anyway...my docs don't think that I need HRTs...yet anyway...and I don't know if its depression or just situations going on in my life right now....I was cleared for sex too but I just have no desire whatsoever...I feel so bad for fiancee...he has been so wonderful through this all and now he gets nothing...and that has me feeling bad too....I don't know whether its hormones or just the situation...if anyone can help I'm sure one of you wonderful ladies can...Thanks again and I'll be back soon...luv yas.
Unread 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM

backontrack,
i'm sorry you are feeling blue. you are not alone. i have cried more in the past 2 months than in the past 2 years! maybe even 10 years! a lot of us sisters are crying. what we have gone through has been a huge ordeal, both physically and mentally. i find comfort in knowing that many sisters are crying, although i wish we weren't. when i spoke to my doc about it yesterday she wasn't very comforting. that was a little disappointing. she suggested a couple of session of therapy.

do you think you were depressed before surgery? maybe it is magnified? are you on any meds for depression? maybe increase the dose? can you talk about things when you cry to get it out of your system, maybe w/ your fiance? i find that helps. it's very cleansing.

don't worry about the sex thing. you will be up and at em when you are ready. i was given the green light yesterday and i'm so scared! can't say i'm ready for all that sex entails just yet.

i still feel like i have a nibbling weasel inside me sometimes! don't want any other animals up in there just yet!

HUGS TO YOU!!!
~goosey
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:00 PM

I understand when you talk about how you find comfort in your sisters. I am 33 and none of my friends have gone through this. They don't understand how I feel and they really don't want my true, honest answer when they ask me,"How are you feeling today?" Most of my friends hardly have periods due to the fact that they keep having kids or they just lucked out in that department. I had stopped doing things with people because I was in so much pain most of the time that I didn't want to bring the party down. But when I come to this site I can tell how I'm truly feeling today and there are people who understand me.

I have cried more in the last two months then I have in a long time. I think I've cried more in the last two weeks. I don't know if it's the healling process or if it's the mourning process but whatever it is I wish it was over.

My hot flashes aren't too bad to me because I'm always cold. Although the night sweats aren't the best.

Talk to you ladies soon

TAH-I kept my ovaries
Unread 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM

i know what you mean about friends not understanding. just today i was with a friend, who by the way has been very supportive through all of this, and i was telling her i went to post op yesterday. she said "did the doctor tell you that you won't die from feeling some pain". i was shocked! excuse me for thinking i could tell you how i'm really feeling when you ask. geez!

i decided just to let it roll off since she's a good friend and i just won't tell her that i'm still hurting and tired and taking it easy when i feel the need. i'll just say "i'm fine" from now on, and tell my sisters how it really is.

i'm so thankful my husband and son understand. they are the ones that matter the most.

love you sisters!!!
~goosey
Unread 11-29-2007, 07:35 PM

That was the first thing I noticed when I got home - dry skin - yes I have put lotion and more lotion on. I am not completing 6 weeks post op and it seems I'm back to almost normal and skin doesn't seem to be dry anymore. What about your hair? Mine seems to have a little be more body. My hair is extremely fine and I'm hoping it will now grow because I've never really got it to grow before.
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:19 AM

Ok, put me down for the crying also. I never cry! I have no reason in this world to cry. No changes in my life, no pain since right after surgery and I'm back walking and exercising. So, this tells me that it HAS to be a physical/hormonal issue. Maybe some of it is the post surgery stress release of knowing it's over? Another idea, can't have sex and your body must have some sort of release. Anyway, I think we all hold so much in trying to be strong for our families that it is wonderful we can finally let some of "it" out. It made me cry to read the all comments about crying! lol.... That we feel bad about it somehow, makes me sad. They took out the parts of us that make us different from men for goodness sake! I have been for a 6 week check up and will return for a 8 week on Tuesday. I had a complete ....everything....plus a rectocele repair, thus the 8 week check up. I have really appreciated all of the honest comments and support on this site. What would we do without the support of other women ? Thanks to all of you. My family is getting sick of me not doing all the things I did before but, some of them may never get done again! If it becomes a problem for them, I guess I'll cry......Take care of yourselves and allow yourself the time to feel better, everyone is different.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register