Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by honk4goosey
i just got back from my post op visit with my doctor. i told her about my pains and tiredness and two step forward one step back syndrome. she said i may need another month before all the pain and the swelly belly goes away.

she said the numbness vs. the pins and needles in my tummy are about the nerves growing back and coming alive again.

she said i could resume sex, swimming, baths and hot tubs, and any restrictions are based on what i feel i can handle.

she gave me a rx for physical therapy, which they offer at my gym, so i will take advantage of that to get back into shape safely. (back into? hahahahaha)

when i asked her about the crying jags (i've cried more in the past two months than in the past two years) she said what i have been through is huge and it could be a touch of depression. she suggested if it continues that i might consider seeking professional advice, ie. therapy.

she did not do an internal exam, but felt my tummy from the outside. she said there are no more stitches inside at this point. she did an internal exam at the two week mark when i went in for bleeding. she found everything normal then and felt it was not necessary to do another internal exam.

overall she was happy with how i am progressing, which made me happy to hear. she said one day soon i will realize i havent had pain for a long time and my belly won't be swollen anymore. i can't wait for that day to come!!!

~goosey
honk4goosey-

Glad to hear your check-up went well.
When did your doc say she wanted to see you again?
Just curious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Hello My sweet Princesses,
Glad to hear that most of you are doing well. Im doing better finally, starting to feel somewhat normal again. But still am tired in the evenings alot. Tuesday I felt like I never had surgery, but then Wednesday I felt like I was back with the tiredness again. My low back hurts alot. And still wake up during the night all wet......and still some low pain.......But for the most part Im feeling more like myself again........I do cry tooooooooo, I think its ok with all weve been through............my love to all of you.........Marguerite(beacher29)
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Back to work, with restrictions

Started back to my part-time night job on Monday. I cannot lift and bend at the same time, nor can I climb ladders, for another two weeks. After 12/10, I'll be on full duties. This was a good thing, I think.

I had some problems with my incision due to perspiration under my "dunlap." Dr had me put a topical antibiotic on it and keep a gauze pad folded up in the area while the two problem areas healed from the inside. It worked like a charm; the smaller one has been completely closed for a week and the larger one closed this week. I will still be careful, of course, but things should be all-systems-go by 12/10.

I have had a good recovery, without sleep loss or hot flashes. Some of my friends came out of the hospital needing relief, and some got the flashes later, so we'll see where I settle. The women in my family go into complete menopause at about my age, so my dr thinks I may never have severe issues.

I have suddenly started a lot of discharge, though. It doesn't smell, but feels like what my body would do when very aroused or cleaning out curing the "wet days" after my period. It has the same consistency as my natural lubrication, and there is a darned lot of it. Anyone else experience this??

Thanks,
flbirder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM

Hi gals, seems like we're all moving forwards toward feeling completely normal! I go back to work on Monday too. I go 4 hours/day Mon, Tues, Wed, then 6 hours on Thurs and 8 on Friday. The following week I'll be back to full days. I'll be on modified duties (no lifting) until cleared by my family doc, but I'm worried about being tired. I guess time will tell and after all, life eventually has to get back to normal. I still feel a bit "weird" down there. I've noticed this especially after a bath. I'm wondering if the bath affects vaginal moisture/dryness. I've only had 3 baths since my surgery but I may hold off for a while just to see if it makes a difference. Has anybody else noticed anything like this?
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Today I went to see a movie alone and it felt good. I thought I could handle not wearing my binder but that part was not a good idea. By the time I got home I wa in pain. I guess I'm not at the point where I don't need it. My Dr told me to wear it atleast another 2 months. I go through times when I feel good and do a lot of running around and then there are those times when it tires me out to take a shower and get dressed. I used to walk 3 miles aday seven days aweek and now I think I can barely make it half a mile. My Dr says give it time and that will happen when the time is right. I return to work on the 6th for 5 hours aday. It will be nice to be back with people but at the sametime I will miss being able to go to bed and get up whenver I want to!
I hope you all have a good night!

TAH-due to adno-kept ovaries
Unread 11-30-2007, 11:11 PM

i made it to school today but i stayed way too long and overdid it. it's a mosaic class so it's physical, too, although i took it easy. i hope i can sleep late tomorrow and totally chill out. speaking of chill, it's cold in s.f. these days!
~goosey
Unread 12-01-2007, 12:05 AM

anirehs-

Hope you're feeling better.
I can't imagine sitting up straight long enough to watch a movie. My cuff still gives me fits!
Guess we're all different--and all STILL recovering.
I still get so frustrated about this recovery process! Sometimes I think I'll NEVER be the same!
It's a lesson in patience! A very HARD lesson it is!

tw
Unread 12-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Honk4goosey...thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom...no I wasn't depressed before surgery...well maybe I was cuz I was sick for so long and docs not finding anything wrong with me...just kept telling me I was over weight and depressed...no one would listen to me...that is..until I switched all my docs..PCP and gyno...I had major problems with my female parts and nobody would listen to me...so I had one ovary out then a month later...BOOM a hysterectomy.So yeah maybe I was depresses...i did call gyno about the crying but when I told her some of the crap going on in my life she said lets just wait it out and see once my life settles down if I still have the crying bouts.And my fiancee listens to me no matter whats going on so in that area I am lucky.I guess its just time we need.And I am sorry for all yer bouts of crying too.We are just an emotional/physical mess.It will get better..I know that..or so I hope...this site has been a huge help for me.I sometimes feel like I am the only one going thru all this.then I pop on here and we are all having similar feelings going on.Well I have to go and try to unpack some more things..we moved during the course of all this too..so many thats some of my ups and downs..BTW what does your gyno say about HRT?Mine feels I won't need it.Well at least not yet.Thank you all for your support.Take it easy
Unread 12-02-2007, 10:46 AM

backontrack,
i kept my o's so i don't need HRT at this point. i'm happy about that because i year ago i had half my thyroid removed (growth, not cancer, whew) and i'm on thyroid hormone already. i am also on meds for depression/panic disorder, so i understand depression a little from my own experiences.

listening to everything you have been through, and putting myself in your shoes, i am positive IF IT WAS ME that i would be depressed. just the moving part is up there on the list of top ten most stressful things to go through on the level of death and divorce. add your surgeries, and the physical/emotional challenges of those, you are going through A LOT!

i do know that nowadays there is no reason to wait out depression if it is having an impact on your quality of life. it might also effect your overall physical recovery. if you can take meds to help you through this, why not? later when you get through all of these changes and you feel more stable you can always get weaned off of them.

whatever you decide, take it slow and easy, and be kind and gentle to yourself.

~goosey
Unread 12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Total hysterectomy with the Davinci robotic device.

After surgery 10/22 now going into week6. Best news is no more cancer found! Went back to desk job work at home week 2. Maybe should have worked less hours sitting up was a pain in the tummy. Have been fighting with yeast infections whole post op period. Hopefully will get it straighted out soon
After watching the live webcast of the Davinci surgery I feel very lucky to have had that procedure. I think about all the video games my sons play and think someday they too may be Davinci experts. Good luck to all that are taking just a little longer to heal and get over your pain. My thoughts are with you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register