Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Anirehs, I also think you should let your doctor know how she made you feel. She probably has no idea how she made you feel. I would do that if you stay or switch. She should not get away with being so awful! It's just unnacceptable.

Feel better! So glad to hear you are pampering yourself today.
~goosey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 06:25 PM

anirehs1996, I had the same gyn for 30 years and he retired about 10 months before I decided to have the surgery. I stayed with the same practice and requested a female as I thought we would "relate" better. She was very nice (definitely not warm and fuzzy) and very informative. However, when I went in for my 2 checkups after surgery and complained about bladder problems, which were spasms, going constantly, etc., she said she didn't think it had anything to do with my surgery. This, after telling me it took her 1 hour to remove all the adhesions on my bladder before performing the TAH. I almost felt like she didn't want me coming back and blaming her or the surgery for any post-problems. It kind of surprised me. She recommended a gyn/urologist dealing in pelvic floor problems. I threw the name out in the trash while leaving her office. My bladder has recovered almost 100% so I know it was the surgery, etc. Why do Dr.'s feel like stuff is in our heads. We know our bodies better than anyone. Sorry to vent. toocool
Unread 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM

you just reminded me when i asked my doctor at post op 6 week check up "what's up with all the crying" she suggested i see a therapist and didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery. i don't know what's up with these doctors. do they just want to kick us to the curb after the uterus is out? it's very upsetting.
~goosey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

I know I should tell her how she made me feel but at the stage I'm in right now I just can't. I'm just tired. It has been three months and sometimes I feel like I've just gone in a circle. I know my family and freinds are tired of asking," How are you doing today?" and I will reply either "Okay" or I'll run offa few things that are wrong. So when I woke up this morning I decided that I'm just going to answer, " I'm doing okay", even when I'm not. I guess I figure if I say it enough than it will be true. Then to top it off I started spotting again today. My dr made me so mad with "it's all inyour head" that I didn't get a chance to tell her about the spotting.

I teach preschool. I've taught for 16 years and I love it. I didn't notice until today but ever since my surgery I've been different with me kids. I have always been a hugger with my students, but since I've been back to work I haven't hugged a student. I still love them dearly but I just don't hug them anymore. And my friend brougt baby today for lunch and I couldn't bring myself to pick him up. Does this sound strange to anyone? I don't know why I'm feeling like this. I think it's my lack of sleep and all the other things going on in "my head" and body.

Well I have a lesson plan to finish and sleep to try to get!

Unread 01-16-2008, 06:21 AM

Rememeber,
Us princessess are here for you all the time. And you can complain or yell or anything.......we love you and do understand.......Hang in there.......Gods blessings to you and love all the way.........beacher29
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:44 AM

ANIREHS, I know how you feel. You're worn out emotionally and physically. You do need to see a doctor if you're spotting because you shouldn't be and you know your body. Nobody would listen to me about my pain before the surgery so I finally went in the office with no makeup on, in my sweats and started crying. (This is very unusual for me, I never go out undone like that and my dr knew it). Now she listens to me. Good thing cuz I've had alot of complications! Drs get busy and if you're not critical it's not a big deal for them. I hope you can muster up the strength to go and make yourself heard. It will be worth it when you get back to feeling like yourself. I'm thinking about you.
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:25 AM

anirehs, i totally agree with wonderwoman, you have to go see a doctor. spotting and that much pain is not normal after three months. either go to your original doctor again and be firm if you can, or go to another doctor. please do this right away. i'm worried about you!!!

you will hug the kids again in time. you are still hurting physically and emotionally and you know your limits. don't worry about it right now. just take care of this other stuff first.

{{{HUGS}}}
love,
goosey
Unread 01-17-2008, 06:54 AM

I have an apointment with a NP today. The cramping feeling has stopped but the spotting is still there. I had a talk with my boss and she got me more help in my classroom. Bending and lifting are giving me a problem so my helper will be doing that. I slept 5 1/2 hour last night. I think I'm just soooo drained that my body finally decieded to rest. It's not mush but it better then I have slept in months. I think I'm going to pick up some Melatonin and see if that helps. I'll aslo ask the nurse today about what I can take.

Venting here is so helpful! My friends just don't understand.

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Good for you!
I am still surprused at how tired I am and how much I cannot do yet. You spend alot of time with kids and they don't give you a chance to take it easy at all
Maybe your ovaries are not happy.... I am going back now to have the left one taken out because it has grown a large cyst and causes so much pain and spotting.
We don't have to live in so much pain, it's just hard to get someone to listen sometimes!
I hope the nurse helps you. And I hope you get the chance to pamper yourself a bit. No, ALOT!
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:48 PM

Hi ladies...sorry I haven't written. I've been feeling horrible. The nurse isn't sure what's going on but she is sure that it is not all in my head. She gave me somethings to help me sleep but sad to say they haven't helped. I'm still spotting but it seems more like having a period. I have mild cramps and my energy level is zero. They took a "pee" sample because I always feel like my bladder is full and it still have spasams in the bladder area. I just feel like someone ran me over with a 18 wheeler truck! LOL I've been looking at other posts to see if what I'm going through is normal. I understand we all heal at different times but I just want to be alittle bit more healed than this.
I'll keep you all posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register