Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

i'm right there with you guys. tomorrow is my two week mark. still in pain and on the meds but tapering off, and on, and off... LOL

i'm not used to doing nothing and it's very frustrating. i get tired so easiy and it doesn't take much of a walk for the pain to kick in again.

i guess i'm not depressed cuz i'm already on meds for that. LOL

we all just have to try to be patient i guess. but you guys just made me want to go weigh myself. i haven't done that yet. hope i lost 11 pounds too! although doc said my football sized "package" only weighed 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM

sorry for duplicate
Unread 10-24-2007, 06:57 PM

My 2 week mark is tomorrow. Getting lots of support from DH and kids as long as I am very specific with what needs to be done, when, and how. They don't know what I do around here, and I'm not making them keep up my standards. But, they also are all pretty blind to dirt, dirty laundry, etc. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for all. I took it easy today (because I overdid it yesterday with laundry... don't worry, I didn't carry it, family had it all down in basement for me, but I did too many stairs). I find that whether I take it easy or not, I need to go back to sleep after everyone leaves for a few hours every morning. And, in the evening, I still need to take a percocet and put a heating pad on my tummy for about 30 minutes. My coworkers sent us dinner tonight from Olive Garden, which was a really nice treat for DH and the DDs. It amazes them that the folks I work with are wonderful enough to send this kind of dinner to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 06:21 AM

Seems everyone has a different rate of recovery. I am 2 weeks post-op and feeling pretty well. Still slow and still tire easily. It's humbling, isn't it. Does anyone have a buldge just above their incision? It's actually right across the top of it. It seems to increase with the more activity I do and by the end of the day it's quite puffy. Is this what they call "swelly belly" or is that something else altogether? Will it go away in time?
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM

I am relieved to know I am not the only one at two weeks that still is in pain. I have been struggling with the idea about calling my doctor and asking for another prescription for pain medicine - I have gone without it for two days, which have been miserable! As I cannot take naproxen or ibroprofen I am in the position that the only kind of medicine that will relieve my pain is one I need a prescription for.
Thank you for your responses! It is so nice knowing I am not alone!
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:44 AM

I'm at my 3 weeks mark. No pain except inside if I make a quick move to the left or right. Tummy still alittle sore to the touch. Can walk, but not a great distance. Still taking a 2 hour nap a day. Steri-strips are starting to come off. Incision looks pretty good I guess. No need for pain meds. It will get better as you get into your third week. I've learned not to over do it thats for sure. starting to have just a little spotting which they say is usual at your 3rd and 4th week. stiches are healing inside and starting to detach. every week gets better. Take it easy,and listen to your body. Good Luck.
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:46 AM

I'm a little over 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. Already doing some work from home. I don't have pain unless I over do it...well, I still have random pain here and there but I just take ibuprofin 400mg and I'm okay. Still not driving..will drive to a hair appointment on Saturday but that will be first time driving.

All is good...just thankful for no cancer
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:01 AM

After taking a lazy day w/ my percoset yesterday, I feel better today. Mom says that I should be doing nothing until my appointment w/ Dr next Tues, but I can't sit still that long. I'm dreading sending my DH to the grocery store tonight for shopping bc who knows what he'll come back with....I wish I had somewhere to go and something other than sweat pants to wear bc I'm feeling a little more depressed every day. I need to get out of here!! I bought some new Coach shoes last week, and they made me feel a little better (he he) but now I have no where to wear them, so........... I guess this is normal, but do any of us know what normal really is for this? It's not like we've had any practice. Hope all is well for the rest of you...
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:19 AM

just as i thought the pain was subsiding, BAM!, i woke up in excruciating pain today. still waiting for the ibu600 to kick in. if what you say about week three is true i totally can't wait! i'm so tired of the pain!

i haven't driven yet either. still napping daily. everyone tells me it's ONLY been two weeks and i need to be more patient.
Unread 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM

Hello ladies,

Despite warnings here to the contrary, I drove self to Walmart today. I was only there 40 min before getting woozy but mission accomplished.

My goal was to buy some pants. There is no way in h*ll that I am getting near my normal pants soon with this sore swelly belly. Just thinking about it hurts. We are invited to a 40th bday party this Sat and somehow I think the pajama pants were not going to cut it, LOL. So I found 2 pairs of pants. If you buy a size up and get something with an elastic or stretch type waist (ie the kind where there is no zipper just a section that is a band around your mid section for the waist) you can put a longer shirt over it an no one will know. Voila. $40 later and I have 2 pants options. I know I will probably look preggers but who cares, at least I will not be wearing pj/yoga pants for a change.

So theres an idea for those who are getting impatient with dressing like a "patient".

Have a good day,

Lorna K. (canada girl)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register