Fighting Flab | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fighting Flab Fighting Flab

Unread 07-08-2001, 11:01 PM
Fighting Flab

HI All,
What a great reason to come back to HysterSisters. I have lost 25 pounds since my surgery in January but I have about 50 more to go. I also have to quit smoking, and get rid of the FLAB. My youngest daughter wants to lose about 30 pounds and get in better shape, and my oldest just announced she is getting married in a year and she wants to lose about 50 pounds. My husband has been told by his doctor that he has to lose some weight too. So we are all on the Fat Wagon as of this week. I have always cooked low fat, but when I don't have time to cook we end up eating convienience, fast food etc. My husband and I are going to the Y for lunch instead of getting that burger and fries and I am going to try to make some nice salads in this hot weather. Again what a great idea and I am glad this forum is here.

Katy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2001, 09:49 AM
way to go

Sounds like you have a plan in place for the eating portion! It is great that your whole family is on board.

what is your exercise strategy?

Jan
Unread 07-11-2001, 06:56 PM
I hear ya!

That FLAB is the worst. I don't need to lose any weight, HDDR told me I should not lose any. Just need to tone up and get rid of the unsightly FLAB. Inner thighs, under upper arms and the saggie baggie rumpled apron belly . Woe is me. I have started doing tummy crunches and some work out on home gym equipment. No noticable results yet.
I don't want to be a little old flappin, flabby grannie. I'm not ready for that yet. I'll be a young 56 next month.
Since surgery I have been able to eat only small amounts at any one time. I swear the surgeon took part of my stomach. Can't think of any other reason. I am often hungry. So I try to eat a little about ever two to three hours. Mostly fruits and veggies or juice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2001, 09:43 PM
Fighting Flab

oops
Unread 07-12-2001, 09:43 PM
Fighting Flab

Katy -- congratulations on the weight loss. I would like to lose about 25 lbs. I had lost about 30 lbs before surgery (apr. 2001), and maybe around 6-8 after surgery, but now I feel so darn good and have my appetite back, I have put back on about 10. It's gotta stop!

I can relate to wanting to quit smoking. Don't want to quit and start using food as a crutch, but right now I'm kind of using the smoking as a crutch not to exercise much ( I say if I didn't smoke I could exercise more and be able to BREATHE!!). I think I'm waffling back and forth and while doing that I'm not doing anything, exercising or quitting smoking.

Good luck to you and your family. It's nice that everyone will be working together as a family on this.

jill
Unread 07-13-2001, 10:10 AM
Just a suggestion

Hi Ladies.

I have a suggestion to help you to NOT gain weight while you go through the process of QUITTING smoking. I did this 12 and 1/2 years ago.

When the desire to smoke hits you::: suck on ICE CHIPS. It is fat free and has minerals to boot. They can be addictive too. But that won't hurt any thing. Exercise is also good while you quit as it helps to get the junk out of your body quicker.

Quiting smoking IS very rough. I think that was worse for me than my worst spells of PMS. Some of my family members were ready to stuff the cigarettes down my throat, at times. But we all made it and are all better off now.

Good luck to you quitters and losers. It may be one of the worst times of your lives but you will really like your self better in the end.
Best wishes for a happier, healthier you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register