Disappointed in DH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Disappointed in DH Disappointed in DH

Unread 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Disappointed in DH

I have to get this out, or I will explode. I am 2wks, 4days post-op (TAH). I WAS having a great day, feeling good, minimal pain and was actually looking to venture out of the house for a quick dinner at our local Mexican restaurant. I suggested this to my husband who remarked, 'You're driving because I refuse to drive! I've been driving everywhere for the last 3 weeks!' Needless to say, I got extremely angry and just walked off. I had to cool off before I could even begin to address this, which I did. I was still fuming, so a fat lotta good that did! By the way 'driving everywhere' seems to mean his driving to work, driving me home from the hospital and his 2 hospital visits (7mi from our house), to 2 different restaurants for take-out (both well within ~7mi of our house) and to the grocery right now (~6mi roundtrip) . . . within the last 2wks and 4 days. I have cooked a few dinners including cleaning up the kitchen (his fave, Osso Bucco . . . from scratch!), swept the hardwood floors, tended to 2 dogs both over 50lbs, and have kept the house relatively dust-free. I have earned a short night out and actually FELT like going out for a bit. Because sitting totally up-right is still uncomfortable, I figured I'd take a lower dose pain pill to be able to sit somewhat comfortably during our meal. Hell, I haven't even driven my car as of yet. So, if I drive, no pain meds, possibly painful dinner out . . . FUN! I think I'll just punch him hard in the neck when he gets home from the grocery! lol A little background on the hub . . . he's an emergency medicine physician . . . so, I don't gets no sympathy! Moral of my story? Men suck, especially unspymathetic doctor husbands . . . for now, and possibly for a few days! hee hee

Just writing about it has made me feel a bit better. However, I'm not finished with him yet . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Disappointed in DH

I had the same experiance with my other half. Just hang in there you will be 100% in no time then you can really make him pay for that. LOL.
Unread 10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Disappointed in DH

Oh, he's gonna pay alright! I think my recovery may last a bit longer than 6-8 weeks! hee hee My answer to a bunch of his requests just might be, 'I really don't feel up to it.'

Thanks for the support, sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Disappointed in DH

You made him Osso Bucco from scratch while you were recovering? You sweet, sweet woman! He's being a jerk. He needs a swift kick in the rear!

You be good to yourself! Vent to us anytime!!!

Men can be such idiots and at times (most) they just don't get it!

Be good sister!
Unread 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Disappointed in DH

I have already threaten to punch my husband in the forehead twice since my operation. He has made fun of my sweat pants. He got upset because I did not want to go out to dinner, because I had nothing clean to wear. His suggestion, "wear my shorts." Like I would go out to dinner in shorts that you could tell were mens shorts. MEN!!!!!
Unread 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Disappointed in DH

They are creatures form another planet...
Although mine has been good, he has started to slip in the last few days, which conincide with me actually spending 2 full days out of bed..
Guess he thinks I am better!!!
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Disappointed in DH

Give him one of these from your sisters..

Then, for good measure give him a too!

to YOU!
Unread 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Disappointed in DH

my husband thought since I could drive I can do anything and everything else.
Having someone else to remind him that I could not has been a blessing--
he wants to rough house and tickle me -- sometimes I think he forgets that he is an adult and not 15.

The next 2 weeks will be trying may have to pull out the boxing gloves.
Unread 10-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Men!!!

They just don't understand what it is like for us. If the shoe was on the other foot, they would be crying and would not remove themselves from the bed for the entire 6 weeks.
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Disappointed in DH

I had GREAT pleasure reclining on the bed this morning while my completely undomesticated DH vacuumed & mopped the floors! Mind you he didn't actually move anything like shoes etc out of the way, just worked around things, but I held my tongue. I told him regularly before hand that I couldn't vacuume, mop, hang washing, push a shopping trolley or lift for 6 weeks ( I think I may have given the impression that I couldn't iron either because for the first time in 25 years he ironed his shorts yesterday ..hahhahhaahha!!!!!!!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register