3 week post -op update FEEL GREAT! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 week post -op update  FEEL GREAT! 3 week post -op update FEEL GREAT!

Unread 10-10-2007, 09:15 AM
3 week post -op update FEEL GREAT!

Hello ladies,
Just a quick post to give 3 post op week update! FEELING GREAT! Much more mobile this week. steri srips coming off tomorrow. Scar has that healing ridge similar to a c-section scar. Seems to be more prominent at night. Important-keep using the compression items doc puts on it helps keep swelling down! Using the swelly belly band... it helps! Did have some secondary issues from antibiotics given during and after surgery-i.e. loose stools and yeast infection from all the good bacteria being depleted from meds. Taking care of that w/ new meds. Still taking it easy...still thrilled I had TAH and TT. I literally feel like a new woman. Oh yeah-also lost a size in pants/skirts already...in morning though ...swelly belly at night. Still wearing elasic pants because of compression band and bandage . I'll give later update in a week or 2! Netsky

9/19: TAH for fibroids and endo both ovaries removed
and a bonus tummy tuck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 03:30 AM

That's great! I am glad you are recovering so well. I have been getting a little scared lately. My MIL told DH that she thinks I will be out of work for 3 months because I will be feeling so lousy. She told him I should just have the hyst and get back to business as normal, why put my family through that? Really, that comment just makes me more determined to go through with this and recover nicely!
Keep us updated!
Rose
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:30 PM

Rose-
You deserve to get something to look forward to... IMHO! All the crummy feeling we've had to put up with -finally a chance to feel good about something. BTW, I don't know for sure but I think the TT will help with support. I don't have the feeling/sensation or did I ever -of everything ready to fall out like I did w/ c-sect. If you think about it repairing those ab muscles will support your core. My MIL was all for it. She had a TAH at age 30 that was 35 yrs ago and wishes it was an option back then for her. I'm 40 the only advice I can give is be in the best shape you can at this time ; it will help. Just do the best you can to fit in whatever fitness you can manage. I had my 3 week today. Looking good so far. The incision near the bone (hip) is a little uncomfortable-just a little tender. But I can't stress enough that for me having my period and days prior was almost more debilatating than what I experienced post op. I say this w/ sincerity. Although everyone's pain tolerance is different. I go back in 3 weeks for 6 week post op . I am more tired today though. I walked 40 min outside without break slowly though with a friend. I am pooped today. Swelly belly to boot also. Lots of rest tonight and tomorrow.
Netsky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 12:23 AM

I hear what you're saying about the pain and unconfortableness (is that even a word? LOL!) that comes to me naturally right now. I hear that the first bowel movement is really painful ~ have that already. I hear the abnomin is very tender ~ have that already. I hear that at the end of the day you are really pooped ~ have that already (to the point of being grouchy to my family).
So at this point I can accept all that bad that goes with it...even better; I can really accept all the good that goes with it ~ no more bleeding and the loss of all that belly!
I have started walking briskly for an hour every night at work as of three weeks ago, I don't know how far that is.
I also stopped going out to eat, avoid fried foods and sugars, and eat more raw Veggies. Still haven't lost any weight though. I am 5'7 at 185lbs.
I hope I am off to a good start!
Thanks for the advice!
Rose
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM

Hello,
New to this site. Just scheduled my TAH along with a TT for May 8, 2008.
Little nervous. This site has been such a BIG help-before my co-worker told
me about this site, I was not even aware that you could have the TT along with the TAH. Imagine the joy when I realized I could look pre-baby after all
of these years. My verticle CSection scar is now 12 years old, plus had 2 other children after that VBAC. Thank you--
Unread 10-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Life Changing

Once I had my Gyn 'ok' to hire a PS for the abdominoplasty aka; Tummy Tuck I wanted to shout it from the roof tops!!!

It's not like me to be so indulgent as to have "plastic surgery". I told my PS, "In my marriage my husband earned the money and I had to spend it." I continued, "I had to be very careful about what I spent the money on. . . . can you imagine my husbands surprise when I told him 'we' needed to buy a tummy tuck!"

The TT turned my TAH into a positive turning point in how I was going to move into the next phase of my life.

Last May I was 46 when I was struck dumb by word that I would be having a hysterectomy . . . who me? It hit me so hard that I saw only 2 choices. Take incredibly good care of myself or continue with half-hearted, feeble attempts at eating well. I began to eat fast, nutritous and delicious food - in s-m-a-l-l portions. I lost 15 lbs by my surgery July 16.

I lost another 10 pounds due to surgery and recovery. I'm nearly 3 months post hysterectomy. In May I was a size 12. Went shopping for pants recently . . tried on 8's . . . bought 6's!!!

My motto is "Eat the apple, not the apple pie!" Fast, nutritous and delicious.

I do a 20 minute streching/yoga DVD every AM. The TT allows me to pull my legs all the way into my chest - I feel like I'm 12 years old - so tiny. Everyday feels incredible. I'm so happy.

I told my best friend on the phone this week, "You're just going to have to listen to me while I sort out my excitement over my new body. You're the only one who knows everything I've gone through in trying to lose weight over the years. I finally have this figured out."

I appreciate these forums. I can't really talk about my feelings to people in my life as there's very few women I know who've had a hysterectomy much less that have had a tummy tuck.

You guys understand, don't you? Thanks for listening.
Unread 10-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Thumbs up - 3 week post -op update  FEEL GREAT! I had a TT with my TAH...so glad I did it!

I am a little over 4 weeks post op from having a TT, TAH, A & P repairs, bladder sling, and a sacro-something-or-another (can't spell it). Anyways, all I want to say is that the tummy tuck recovery is minor compared to everything else. I am 29 years old and I have three children - 11, 3, and 1 years - and not being able to pick up the kids for 6-7 weeks has to be the hardest...and the fatigue makes things that much worse. I have to have someone here with me at all times and I am wearing out my welcome as far as help goes.

Deciding to get a tummy tuck was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It has given me something positive during this whole ordeal (not to mention no more periods...woo hoo). To anybody out there who is contemplating having these surgeries together, I say go for it - you won't be disappointed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register