colonoscopy after TAH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

colonoscopy after TAH colonoscopy after TAH

Unread 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

Oh, it takes a different doctor to do the Colonoscopy, so I had to have it done BEFORE the hyster. I had it done a week before. they wouldn't even let me come IN for the hyster if I didn't have the results of the colonoscopy faxed in to the Onc before hand so he could SCHEDULE with a Gastro doctor If I had the other cancer too. it would have dragged things out for sure, not to mention making me feel like there was no hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

My md wants to do an endoscopy and colonoscopy. She said they can do both of these at the same time. I wasn't to thrilled with the prospect, but I guess it's good to get it all done in one sitting. I too have had GERD for quite sometime, and problems with bm's. Hope things turn out for the best for you all

daisy
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

Just last week I was informed by my doctor's nurse that there should ideally be at least a three month wait after a hysterectomy before having a hysterectomy. I can't recall all that the nurse said, but bottom line was that there was still recovery going on and anesthesia too soon after such major surgery might create some complications, not to mention causing further "shock" to the body and mind. Made sense to me. I figure a few weeks/months more waiting won't make a difference, at least not in my case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisol52
there should ideally be at least a three month wait after a hysterectomy before having a hysterectomy.
What?

I can wait till 2008 also. (I think?)
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:55 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

Thank you guys so much for answering my question... I feel I need to see one too! Since my Gallbladder surgery in 1996, I have never been the same. I have had BM and stomache problems.. Since surgery (TAH) I was constipated for 3 weeks and now had the opposite for 4 weeks. I am getting this dumping reaction after I eat anything.. Heartburn after all foods, including water. Nausea everyday. I also have this weird feeling of CONSTPATION with the diarreah ( sorry TMI ). I don't know what is going on???? I have an appointment tomorrow, thank god, been waiting 2weeks to see my GP.... Is there anything I should do or bring to the appointment. OH YEAH, one more thing, I have really bad pains above my belly button on both sides????????
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:56 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

Three months? I'll have to ask about that. Mine will be just about a week short of 3 months.

I definitely want to have it this year since our co-pays are going way up next year, not to mention I've met my out of pocket max for this year, of course.
Unread 10-15-2007, 11:04 PM
colonoscopy after TAH

CHARLAIN, let us know what you find out!
all of you ladies please take care!
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
colonoscopy after TAH

I met the gastroenterologist this morning. Besides my family history of colon cancer, I have an even better reason to have one--my endometrial cancer is a "related cancer" and, for that reason alone, I will need one every 5 years now (every 3 years if they find something).

She said that there's no hard and fast rule about how long after a TAH. She said it depends on the patient.

Ooooh, best news of all--I DON'T have to drink that foul-tasting bowel prep stuff. I chose to use OSMO tablets instead. Dr said it's "less bad." Still cleans you out but there's no taste.
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
colonoscopy after TAH

wow Im glad you dont have to drink the nasty stuff!
Im not so lucky I have to try and drink a big bottle of the
nulytely..blllaaahhh!!! when do you have your test?
mine is next thursday morning...in the morning is the throat
one ..not so bad just cant eat or drink after midnight with it.
let us know how you are and I wish you good luck and blessings!
Unread 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
colonoscopy after TAH

Good luck to you, too, Elaine. My colonoscopy is October 29th, in the morning. I'm going away on vacation Oct 24 to 27 and then, when I come back will have to start on the bowel prep the next day.

I'll be glad when it's over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register