Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 10-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM

I'm on my laptop with a great wireless connection at the hospital. Had TVH about 9 hours ago and I'm actually feeling pretty decent. I'm very sleepy and the soreness is purely in my pelvic area....like really bad cramps. So far so good. Tomorrow I will get the cath out, and will get to start walking. Right now I have these wonderful inflatable compression things on my legs, and it's like getting a mini leg massage every thirty seconds.

I had a retroverted uterus, and apparently it wasn't the easiest thing to get out especially because of the size, so they took it out in pieces. I feel a little weird about that, but I think it's just the medication.

Time to hit the PCA and put this laptop away. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks for your well wishes. For me, the hard part is over. I was more afraid of the unknown than anything else.
Unread 10-17-2007, 03:00 AM

Day 2...ovaries seem to be rebelling a bit and I keep sweating through my night clothes. I also have a migraine on a very mild scale. I'm still in the hospital, but since I got my cath and packing out, I have to say that I actually feel better than I did on Saturday, when my body decided to grace me with just one more period.

The nursing staff here are absolutely wonderful. I am in a surgical overflow room, on the pediatrics unit. Yesterday, I received a nice relaxing back massage. Still, I am ready to go home and convalesce. I miss my family and my "little dogs too!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
Surgery, finally!

Hi everyone,

I had a TVH on Monday at 3:00 PM. Surgery went well and I was plopped into bed. I had some trouble coming out of the anestetic (sp?), and was a bit groggy that evening, but took my first walk around 8:00 PM. I kept falling asleep in mid sentence.

Not too much pain except in the abdominal area. Not much bleeding either. I put ice packs on my lower tummy most of the time and that felt good.

I also liked the little leg balloons that felt like being at a spa, those are really nice.
Unread 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM

I had a mini gush at the hospital on Tuesday and the nurse said that sometimes the blood pools and then comes loose all at once. She said we would watch and if there was more, could be a problem, but had no more blood. And haven't had any more since then.

But i do have a lot of gas. I am walking and drinking plenty of water and that seems to help a little. I took some Gas-X, drank prune juice, ate some berries, and keep walking.

I think the worst part is the waiting and the gas. Other than that, I feel really good--much better than I would have thought previously. I have to keep telling myself that I just had surgery and to take it easy.

I have stocked in a good supply of old movies and will start on those tonight. : )
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:35 AM

I had LSH on TUES morning and home yesterday - so far so good. just some cramping and lots and lots of peeing. no bleeding. I feel so much better already. Uterus and Cervix removed everything else looks A OK so it stayed.

Just have to get rid of the gas now.

DH is great - nice to spend some quite time with him.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well too

I want those leg massage things for my whole body they were great
Unread 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Home Sweet Home- What a Blessing!

Hey Ladies....

Had my TAH/BSO around 8:00 a.m. Tuesday (16th) and came home today (18th) before noon.

Must say that my hospital stay was great- not without complications as my catheter was removed and had to be re-inserted two more times to "get things going". I was as proud as any toilet training toddler when I actually peed in that pot! My friends and family who had been praying for me were ecstatic too!

Surgery went exceptionally well.... anaesthesia experience was fine..... 24 hours confined to bed was alright as well.

Got up and walking after catheter removed yesterday morning (17th). Walking wasn't a problem - learned fairly soon the best ways to get in and out of bed.

Aside from my "urinary issues", a migrane headache, and a sudden bout with the "chills" last night.... all is going extremely well.

I actually feel better physically than I can remember feeling in years. Hope this trend continues.... Fingers still crossed since we're going cold turkey on the HRT as long as we can to stave off any remaining endometriosis.

Looking forward to hearing more from all of the other ladies who've just had the castle experience. Praying for you girls and hoping that all is going well as you recover.

Take care!!

Princess Dinkum
Unread 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

how long does the frequent urination last - this is ridculous - i get back to bed and i gotta go again.

I havent had any bleeding - so im expecting a bout with that at some point but the urnination is driving me crazing
Unread 10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I'm home

Hi all,
Had my TVH with bladder sling Monday 10/15 (also took one "bloody, oozy tube") and was able to come home yesterday afternoon. I guess I didn't tolerate the anesthesia too well as I threw up after being taken to my room, then again Monday night, then one more time for grins and giggles Tuesday night. Sooo... no going home till I can actually eat and keep it down. I had my cath in the 1st 24 hours due to the sling, and that drove me nuts! Apparently it wasn't positioned quite right, so it wouldn't drain. They had to come in every hour through the night to manipulate the darn thing (CRINGE!!) to get it to drain. Better once they took it out, though it was still almost 6 hours before I could go on my own. All the nurses did a cheer for that, and I had good output. It did feel like I wasn't emptying all the way though, and it is so frustrating to go through all that work to get to the bathroom, tinkle a little, get back in bed then feel like you needed to go again! The nurses and my doc said that was normal though as the muscles are relearning what they are supposed to be doing. The pain has been tolerable, on Ibuprofin and Tylenol or Percocet, seems to be doing the trick. Anyone else still having some left over nausea though? Find I'm sleeping alot, then waking up for a bit then sleeping even more. Must be catching up on the sleep I didn't get before surgery! Anyways, glad it's over, can hardly believe that Aunt Flo won't be a' visiting any more...
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM

TAH/BSO this AM, feeling GREAT!

my sister even said that I look "wonderful", high praise coming from her, lol!

minimal pain, now. moderate earlier . sitting up in bed, talking, drinking my fluids and surfing the 'net on my phone.

SOOOO glad I did this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register