Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I needed that today!
I'm so thankful for you all, you've certainly made this new journey a pleasant one. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and wish you all the best in recovering.
My DH has tip-toed around me all morning as if I'm about to have another episode. I told him I was fine and he looked and me and grinned and meowed like a cat. He's such a doofus, don't know how I could have gotten along with out him.
Thanks again ya'll! s and s
Tish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsunsue
But the past two days Ive been plagued with severe rectal pain just before a bowel movmt comes on or I pass gas. So severe the pain takes my breath away.
My stools are soft, Im on Metamucil daily and am not straining. No bleeding.
this is the almost unbearable - Is it temporary?
Thanks
(It seems I have a different complaint every day- I am sick of listening to myself- and Im sure everyone else is-
this is tough
funsunsue,

Read my posts above, I've had the exact same problems. Doc told me it was normal and expected and would go away as my insides heal. Once or twice the pain was so bad I thought I might pass out, broke out in cold sweats.

Talk to your doctor if you are very concerned. I did and it at least made me worry a bit less about it.

Take care, hope it gets better for you soon.

Christine
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM

funsunsue, I too had this problem a week ago. the pain was soo intense 1 night, I almost had my hubby take me in. It was like both plumbing partals were revolting agianst me. I stuck diligently with stool softeners & laxitives. It's better now tho still not completly gone,seems better as time goes by. I am more regular & minor discomfort. Drink lots of water too,some say peppermint tea helps,if you like tea (I'm a coffe hound)

My surgery was 10/19 TAH/BSO & hrt. So I'm on that wonderful rollercoaster ride trying to balance hormones.good luck to you &I hope you feel better soon. Keep coming back to us with updates, I like to come & read new post AT LEAST once a day. Every one has given me soo much encouragement & support I'd be lost with out this site. Just reading on some of my bad days makes me feel better. take care

Terry
TAH/BSO 10/19
2 weeks 1 day post op
feeling much better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2007, 01:22 PM

I have a question for anyone that had abdominal hyster. It has been about 2 and 1/2 weeks since surgery, and my incision is doing pretty good, but the lower part of it is red and bumpy like a waffle. No real pain, tape is still on, the dr said let it fall off itr self. I want to start to put vit e on it to help the healing, but can't really get to it because of the tape. Anyone else have waffles?
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:35 PM

sharon,

I had a AH 2 weeks ago, did you have staples? I have little red dots going down the sides of the incision. They are from the staples. I really can't see the bottom cause like you surg tape is on it. I wouldn't be worried because you have no pain, redness, welling or oozing at the site. When are you going to post op visit to your dr.?
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM

I had the staples out a week and ahalf ago and I go back in on the 13th. It is reddish, but no pain. It feels sore when you rub your hand over it. I had called on Monday and talked w the nurse, I felt a walnut size hard spot where my incision is , she said that was normal, tissues healing back.
Unread 11-01-2007, 01:59 PM

i have desolving stitches on the 3rd layer of skin - the top 2 layers are open and its till oozing -- its bothering me its bizzare - anyone else have this?

The belly button as desolving stitches and the other 2 holes had the adhesive so no issues with those -

but the other one is really weird --- the dr said it would heal on its own - he took the tape of after 2 weeks at 2 and 1/2 now - and to leave it open - and could put a sterile pad on it for any oozing that was happening.

Im afraid it will get infected --- any thoughts on this
Unread 11-01-2007, 02:09 PM

Dear Pamrose.... and Sharone....

My surgery was 10/16.... had staples out on 10/22.... was told to apply warm compresses for an area of swelling just below the incision. I did.... and the swelling disappeared with no further problems there.

I never had tape on my incision nor a bandage of any kind since the day after surgery. Hmmmmmm. But everything has healed really well and it looks great (as far as scars go that is!)

I am now left with a hard ridge running the length of my incision and just below it... have heard someone here describe it as a "sausage"... and that's pretty much what it feels like. My Dr. said -as yours did- that it's normal and nothing to worry about.

I've been assured by others' reports that it does eventually go away (or soften significantly), but sometimes takes months before doing so. In the meantime, I've been massaging the area (yes, it's tender) with Mederma (sp?) ointment just to hopefully help a little with the scar tissue formation, etc.

Seems to be healing nicely. Hope yours does too!

Take Care!

Dinkum
Unread 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Healing

Hi everybody, I'm like so many others here.. very grateful to have found you all and so appreciative that you come back and help us with your wit, wisdom and affection!

I had a TAH, with an A&P repair on Oct 17. My incision is healing very nicely, and the few concerns I've had were answered by reading posts on this website. Two days ago, the nurse told me to take 800 mg of ibuprofen and that afternoon I went with DH to get our FREE TACO, and came home to find myself bleeding. I read up on ibuprofen after surgery and several studies say that it will create post-surgery bleeding. I stopped taking it, and the bleeding went away in 24 hours. FYI.

I can see how Percoset is addicting. It is a great drug for pain and creates a feeling of euphoria in me. I've never had it before as I've never had surgery, but WOW! it really should be very cautiously taken, I think. As soon as I'm not having pelvic and incision pain, I hope I can walk away from using the pills. It's like a feeling of la-la-land.
Unread 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM

I had staples too, but they took them out the day after my surgery, and replaced them with steri-strips. Is that typical? To have them in only 24 hours or so? My incision was so numb that I didn't feel them come out at all, and it's healed really well. I am one of those women who is not really fat but has a droopy apron stomach after giving birth 38 years ago. It never went away. I hate it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register