Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
"Wing Repair"

To all my Angel Sisters......just think of our recoup as "wing repair"....this is our reconstruction into a stronger angel!! I hope everyone feels better soon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

I'm 18 days postop now.. feeling a bit lazy compared to the rest of you! went grocery shopping over the weekend, couldn't quite finish. Had to take advantage of the "senior" benches at the checkout counters. DH was with me, so he was able to finish it. I'm just looking forward to being able to stand up straight again! Still doing the "old lady shuffle walk".
I've had almost no discharge since the first couple of days. Did cook dinner last night, after sitting up for most of the day. Wore me out, and I was asleep on the couch by 8 PM. I do get a very "heavy" kind of feeling low, almost like a pressure if I'm up for very long.
Today, my lower back hurts- that's a new one, but I think that's probably from being on my feet cooking last night.

My Dr. may have prescribed the wrong HRT when the discharged me, but since she's off for the week, they said to just keep using it until she gets back next week. Seems like a minor thing.

No pain meds since the first day, and very little ibuprofen since then, just here and there.

Blessings to those of you struggling with housework and small children- I don't know how you are doing it!
Unread 11-06-2007, 08:48 AM

Hi Sisters - Today I'm 14 days post op from a TAH/BSO. I had all staples removed yesterday and Dr. said I could drive and let my body direct me on how much I could do. Therefore, I went grocery shopping with my DH and after walking down the first aisle, I was popped and did the "old lady shuffle walk" as upgal did. Needless to say, I came home shortly after that and rested on the couch with my feet up.

I stopped all meds on day 3 and the night before my DR. appointment I felt as though I was getting a yeast infection. The DR said it probably was from the antibiotic I was on and told me to take Monostat 7. Has anyone else had this problem?

Taking it easy today - thank goodness my children are all grown and I can take days in stride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2007, 08:56 AM

18 days post op. I feel wonderful and am ready to go back to work but, will wait until the week of Thanksgiving. I figure that way it is a short week plus not many people around.

I feel like I can do anything but, am still not lifting things I think I shouldn't. I do still get out of breath sometimes. Luckily I didn't have any bleeding at all, I also haven't had any of the night sweats or hot flashes. Don't know if my ovaries never went to sleep or they haven't woke up yet.

I am relieved to say that everything still works. Dr. gave the go ahead for sex. I think things are actually better and I was a little afraid.
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Lori, Why do you get to have sex already, is it because you kept your cervix? I miss it but I can't imagine it right now, too much pressure in that "area" still.......

Upgal, don't worry, it's good you're "feeling lazy". You won't overdo things like some of us have. Get your rest, you need it. I get that same pressure down low when I'm on my feet for too long, too. A couple of times I knew I overdid it because the pressure turned into pain. Take it easy.

Free4ever, I love the "wing repair". I will keep that one in my mind. You are in my prayers.

I did the "old lady shuffle" after my c-sections....I remember what that's like. It can be tough on your back too. Try not too do to much too soon.

I'm 15 days post op today. I have good days and bad days. More good than bad. It has been easier than I expected it to be. My heating pad is my new best friend. I was so scared about the hormones and surgical menopause, but I really haven't had any symptoms yet.......headaches almost every day though. Oh, and insomnia. Hate that! The "bathroom issues" are slowly getting better, still painful, but not as bad as the beginning. Still can't get "regular"......anyone else?

Have my post op appt this afternoon. It's a dark, cold rainy day here and I'm staying in bed, reading and chatting with you all until my appointment.

Have a great day, all.

Christine
Unread 11-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paininthe
Lori, Why do you get to have sex already, is it because you kept your cervix? I miss it but I can't imagine it right now, too much pressure in that "area" still.......

Christine

I got to keep my cervix and sex is at least 4 weeks away from me. Maybe Lori's method of hyst (DaVinci) allows for faster healing. I really don't know about this method but all I know is that I had the full abdominal cut and am a long way off from sex (not that I have any desire for it right now).
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Pamrose, I don't think Lori had DaVinci, I did, though and I'm telling you - Two weeks just doesn't seem like enough! My doc told me 6 weeks.

Anyone else starting to have odd aches and pains? Not bad, more annoying..........???
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM

I am 19 days post op and I definately have pressure and pain. Yesterday after driving and running errands, I had a lower back ache. I ended up taking a pain pill which helped loads. I have not asked for a refill on my pain meds but I only have one more (given 30 tabs after surgery). Has anyone asked for more meds?
Today, I noticed for the first time that my abs in general feel very sore (like I did a bunch of situps). I stayed home today and took it very easy. I have plans to go out Thurs and Fri so I am resting up.
I was told nothing "per vagina" for 6w. During my 2w post op the MD looked inside and said everything looked fine, but did not change that 6 week order. I would be very hesitate to try anything. You never know what the outcome could be. DH can wait........after 20 years of marriage, he's not going anywhere.
Hope all are resting and feeling better every day!
Love and prayers,
C
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

Hi Leaves....

About pain meds.... My TAH/BSO was 10/16 and I came home with 20 vicodin... at 10 day check-up it was refilled for 30 more. Today I have 2 left. I called my pharmacy yesterday and asked them to notify my Dr about what I needed to take from here on out for occasional (sometimes daily) pain/pressure, etc.

Dr prescribed Naproxen 2xday and Ultram every 6 hours as needed. Took a few doses before it "kicked in" but as of this morning it seemed to be doing the job. They took longer to work but having the discomfort did slow me down a bit... and that's probably a good thing! Saving the last 2 vicodin for a really "bad" day if I need them.

Curious to know what your Dr. does about meds at this point. They all seem to be different in what they allow / prescribe.

Hope everything goes well for your "outings" Thursday and Friday.

Take care...

Dinkum
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM

Dinkum:
I have Ibuprofen 800mg with directions 1 tab every 6h. This seems to upset my stomach (diarrhea). The Hydrocodone (Lortab) is the pain med I requested for refill. I need one every once in awhile (every few days) when I have over done it. I try not to over do, but sometimes I just can't help it. I sometimes think if I don't push it, how will I ever get any better?
My outings are lunch out with friends. Not long trips and not longer than 1 hour. Shouldn't be to much do you think?
Thanks for the reply.
C

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register