Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Lets Not Get Frustrated!

Well, Good Morning Ladies,

Been reading the recent posts this am and they all seem to have a common theme - FRUSTRATION!! But instead of being frustrated, we should be celebrating!!!

Ok, I'm one of the worst ones, I feel like such a whiner lately! Yes, I'm constipated and it hurts to urinate or have a bm! Yes, I feel lame because I can't do laundry or vaccum my house........and just going to the store for an hour makes me feel like I need a nap! And yes, I have pain and pressure that is so ANNOYING and I'm tired of taking pills!

BUT LADIES --- WE HAD MAJOR ORGANS REMOVED - IN SOME CASES, OUR ENTIRE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM JUST OVER TWO WEEKS AGO!!!! SOME OF US HAD 7 INCH INCISIONS TO DEAL WITH! SOME HAD OTHER VERY SCARY AND SERIOUS PROCEDURES DONE THAT I CAN EVEN PRONOUNCE, NEVERMIND -SPELL!!

We, and everyone who loves us, knows that we are NOT lazy! They know us for the superwomen we are. Our houses can be dusty and messy for a bit - if your family is anything like mine, they don't even notice - and if you're that attached to "doing it yourself" - it will still be there in a few weeks, when you're able to do it!! It's surprising to me how much DH and DS are willing to do for me if I just ask. I know they'd rather me ask than to risk me being put back in the castle!!

We are not benefiting our loved ones, and definitely not ourselves by pushing things. My DH came to my post op yesterday and ratted me out to my doctor about how much I've been doing - that I shouldn't be (see, I do it too) and she scolded me! She told me that I was going to take longer to heal if I kept it up - that it would take LONGER for me to feel like myself if I didn't slow down and that I was risking things like adhesions and even future surgery for them - NOT WHAT I WANT!!

My job right now is to heal properly - and so is yours!!

See, we should be celebrating!!!

~WOOHOO - No laundry or vacumming for 4 more weeks!!!

~WOOHOO - No more constant pain every month!

~WOOHOO - No more painful sex!!

~WOOHOO - Surgery is over - no more waiting!!!

~WOOHOO - No more heavy, unbearable periods!!!

Okay, I'm having a brain cramp (should I take something for that?) LOL, but I know there's many more things to celebrate here!! I'm going to try to concentrate on those for awhile.

I don't want to offend anyone, I know how difficult this is - it's definitely NOT a vacation. I'm just trying to cheer y'all up and remind you that this isn't forever and that we do need to try to be patient with ourselves -

WE WOULDN'T BE TELLING EACH OTHER THAT WE SHOULD PUSH THINGS AND DO MORE - SO WHY DO WE TELL THAT TO OURSELVES?

Take care all - thanks for being here! I hope this makes at least one person feel better!!!

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Paininthe:
You are right. Everything you said. I am changing my attitude right now and I am going to celebrate. I find myself constantly apologizing to my DH. That stops now.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
C
Unread 11-07-2007, 07:08 AM

Christine~

You're right!!!! And the little crampy pains when we do too much say you're right too!! Thanks for the pep talk,I always look forward to your posts as they are encouraging even when you don't feel great. Hope you all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 07:49 AM

Christine,

Amen to everything you said. When my sister says to me, that my hyster was NO BIG DEAL, I just say to mysef whatever you think, but I know better.
Unread 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM

Amen, Christine! I do too much, and I'm wiped out later. The body doesn't lie! Sit back, relax and forget the dirt. It'll be there for you to take care of when you're better!
Unread 11-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Check up

Hi ladies, As I was reading through the posts I see that a lot of you have had follow up appointments with your doctor. My doctor did not want to see me for six weeks. Is this odd or are there other ladies out there that didn't need to return for six weeks?
Unread 11-07-2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrose228
Christine,

Amen to everything you said. When my sister says to me, that my hyster was NO BIG DEAL, I just say to mysef whatever you think, but I know better.
And we know better too! It's easy for her to say, huh? Geez!!!
Unread 11-07-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetbear4
Hi ladies, As I was reading through the posts I see that a lot of you have had follow up appointments with your doctor. My doctor did not want to see me for six weeks. Is this odd or are there other ladies out there that didn't need to return for six weeks?
Not sure. I had one at two weeks and have to go back at 6...........I'd be interested to know too.
Unread 11-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Post op visits

hi violetbear. 1st visit (why do we call them visits when we pay for them) was to remove staples & my next one is on 11/19. It feel s like time is standing still, I'm so bored!!!!

I look at it as, I'm healing well, no infections or complications but I feel so unsure about every thing. Must be idle mind syndrome. nothing to do but wait & wonder all the worst things we can imagine. It doesn't help with dh working 12 to 14 hour days, not to mention most everyone I know is at work too. No one to talk to, I'm glad we can come here to talk, ask questions & see how all our sisters are doing.

I'm also adjusting to empty nest syn. My twins (20) moved out 9/7 . I miss them bunches but, don't miss cleaning up after them.

take care

Terry
48 TAH/BSO 10/17
Unread 11-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Violetbear,

Mine said 6 weeks, too. I don't go back until the 26th, the day before I am to return to work. So you're not alone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register