Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-07-2007, 11:48 AM
weepy today

Hi girls, guess my pactch is depleted. I'm weepy today. I guess that means I need to get my persription filled asap!

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

OOOO, the thought of that speculum scares me....
And, I'm not I'm even ready for sex again even if the DR says ok. I'm feeling really blue today; like I just want to be by myself. Could that be the hormone thing? I'm not taking any replacements...Birth control pills gave me terrible migraine headaces, so I'm skeptical of estrogen.
I've felt so in control lately, but today, I'm not. As I posted earlier, I'm trying to stay "low" today, and not do too much. But I feel guilty. Maybe that's the hormones...or lack there of? How are you all feeling as far as that goes? Anyone else "blue" out there?
Unread 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwiserthanu
OOOO, the thought of that speculum scares me....
Ladies, at the four week check-up, does the doctor do a full internal? Does it hurt? I go next Tuesday for this, just wondering what to expect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Speculum did not hurt at all. But I had a TAH. She was very gentle.
I bet the "blues" are hormonal. After reading a lot of the BSO replies I was surprised to find out hormones aren't started right after surgery. Talk with your DR about it ASAP because you don't want to feel worse. You probably can do it over the telephone. I bet you'll feel tons better once you start on something.
Ladies, thanks for the conversation, tips and well wishes. It is so wonderful to be a part of this forum for support.
God bless you all.
C
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM

My dr. did an internal at my 1 wk check. It didn't hurt at all. But, mine was laproscopic. That could make a difference.
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM

sbewiserthanu - dont worry about feeling blue - its all part of it. weird or completely gone hormones, body in a mess, feeling frustrated cos you cant do much - its bound to affect you. chin up cos you know it will get better xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:27 PM

I had a 2 week post op visit, and my doc did an internal check too. He assured me it was just 1/2 a speculum when he saw the evil eye I gave him! It wasn't too bad. Go back again at 6 weeks for a final check.
As far as moods go, I have had my ups and downs (kept ovaries), but what I seem to struggle with most now is just not having the energy or desire to do much of anything. I feel like I am just not able to get excited over anything, it's just too much work. I look at the clutter about my house, and I wish it would somehow look nicer, but have no umph to do anything about it. We are going away for Thanksgiving week with another family, and I know I should be getting excited and start planning stuff, but I just can't. Not that I am always blue, but happy/perky is just not in me right now.
As with so many, and as I have said myself, I don't know what I would do without all you other sisters. Your posts keep me going on those days nothing else will... THANKS!
Unread 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by java jane
I had a 2 week post op visit, and my doc did an internal check too. He assured me it was just 1/2 a speculum when he saw the evil eye I gave him! It wasn't too bad. Go back again at 6 weeks for a final check.
As far as moods go, I have had my ups and downs (kept ovaries), but what I seem to struggle with most now is just not having the energy or desire to do much of anything. I feel like I am just not able to get excited over anything, it's just too much work. I look at the clutter about my house, and I wish it would somehow look nicer, but have no umph to do anything about it. We are going away for Thanksgiving week with another family, and I know I should be getting excited and start planning stuff, but I just can't. Not that I am always blue, but happy/perky is just not in me right now.
As with so many, and as I have said myself, I don't know what I would do without all you other sisters. Your posts keep me going on those days nothing else will... THANKS!

You just said it better than I did....NOT HAVING THE DESIRE TO DO ANYTHING!!!!! That's me. I'm sorry ya'll are feeling that way, but it does make me feel better to know that I'm not the only one. I do agree that this posting is the BEST support I've gotten.! Thanks girls!!!
Unread 11-07-2007, 05:03 PM

I don't have a dr appt until 6 weeks out either.
No pain meds, other than an occasional ibuprofen.
I am on HRT- started immediately after surgery. There was a bit of discussion on this, as I had massive endo, and the hormones could cause more problems, but she thought it better to try the HRT.

I should have come to this board first thing this morning, as I woke up feeling blue, sore, achy, tired and frustrated. It's nice to know that many of you are in the same place at times. I was thinking perhaps the HRT wasn't strong enough, but it sounds like it's just part of the recovery process.

Thanks to all of you for reminding that we just did have major surgery, and that the daily ups and downs are to be expected. It's a bit frustrating at times that friends and others seem to think I should be back to usual warp speed by now. I also think it's a bit of a difference in recovery for those that do LAVH , and TAH. Yes?

Even though I know I need the rest, I did call and leave a vmail for my boss today. It's deer camp next week, and I know he wants me to help out while he's gone. I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with his pressure, and my idiotic guilty feeling.

I've resisted sweeping and vacuuming, or lifting anything heavy.

All in all, I'm doing OK, better now that I've read the posts today.
Unread 11-07-2007, 05:11 PM

Hi Friends! It is always so nice to read how everyone else is doing ... I started off bad today with my alarm clock scaring the @#$% out of me and I have had pain in my abdomen most of the day that I attribute to my reaction of turning off my alarm ... but, I took Alleve and went on with my day ... still need a nap most days for an hour and by 6 pm I am completely wiped, but with 4 kids, I guess that is to be expected. I still have 4 weeks until my followup with MD, so they are helping out a lot (might have to delay that visit so that they continue to help around the house Ventured out on a small walk today, but in Northern Kentucky, we have lots of hills and my DH almost had to give me a piggy-back ride back home! Hugs to all and we're all doing fantastic, in my opinion!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register