Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz2
my mom doesnt understand why im not doing the Thanksgiving festivities - geeze can't I have a year off?

About Thanksgiving I couldn't believe what I heard today, when my sister and brother-in-law extended an invitation to turkey at their home. They haven't done this in years.
I will sit there like the princess I am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2007, 06:39 PM

that will never ever happen to me --- your are so lucky -- enjoy it you deserve it.
Unread 11-09-2007, 08:29 PM

They told me at the hospital, not cleared to do anything, including Thanksgiving dinner until the 30th Nov. They said have someone else do it! So when we had a family get together last week at the relatives, I boldy asked, so are we having Thanksgiving here this year, since I am not allowed to do it? My SIL said, "surrre", see you then. I had told me husband we were going to buy one of those ready made dinners from like Albertsons if she wasn't going to do Thanksgiving. So that was our back up plan. I have had one of those ready made dinners before and they were really good. Take care all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2007, 05:35 AM

hmm, we're having an early Thanksgiving dinner here. I didn't really think that idea all the way through...but, my DS and g/f will help out and I'll just make sure everyone knows that I can't do it all and they will help out.

My issues this week is that I'm actually sore. I do get the owies and zingers, but expect that. It's the soreness in the abdomen that's bugging me. That, and falling asleep whenever I'm just sitting.
Unread 11-10-2007, 05:42 AM

i seem to be have alot of the zingers and owies this week way more than the beginning the healing is happening - and im glad my Dr has given me the extra time off.

as for Thanksgiving mom will have to deal with it she has lots of invites from friends - she's being a marter - my brothers family will never inviter her - so she'll play the woa is me im alone when she really isnt' she has tons of friends that have invited her.

I WONT FEEL GUILTY THIS TIME I WONT
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:26 AM

I wish my mom were here, it would make all the difference in the world. You would think after 15 yrs. I would be over it & thought I was. I miss her soo much right now. Guess I don't have any choice but to deal with it.
My middle son want to try to cook thanks giving dinner tho (bless his heart) he has no idea what he's in for. He's the one who took tmie off of work & drove from seattle to spokane & stayed both nights with me in the hospital.
What a prince, he was my stormy child growing up.

Terry
Unread 11-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Hrt

I have a question. For the ladies that had the ovaries removed how long did it take before you had any symptoms of menopause? I was put on HRT immediatley but the doctor has stopped me from taking them due to issues. I am just curious as to how long before you noticed the effects. I have not taken any HRT since Monday and so far so good. Maybe a little moody but that is about it.
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Hi Sue!

Our surgeries were on the same day.... but I haven't taken any HRT due to endometriosis issues.

I am, however, on Wellbutrin and Ambien CR for managment of fibromylagia symptoms and have only had one emotional "meltdown" about 1 week after surgery. For that, I am very thankful.... and hoping things will continue to go smoothly there.

But hot flashes...... wow! They started about the same time as my "meltdown" and have continued daily (especially at night) since then.

My DR and I won't even discuss HRT until my 6 week check-up on 11/28. He says the longer I stay off of estrogen, the less chance for the endo to recur.

At my age, 45, there's some controversy about even starting HRT as I was already beginning menopause prior to surgery.

Don't know if any of this answered your questions.... but I, too, am curious about replies to your post.

Have a great weekend!!

Dinkum
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Sue, I had mine TAH/BSO 10/17. Iwas giving a shot right after surgery, it was suposed to last 3 wks, lasted 1. dr. gave me sample patches in assorted doses, started on .05 vivelle up 1.
hot flashes & night sweats eased with patch, still have mild one tho. It's the moods tho, even on the patch I'm finding moods the hardest thing to deal with. I don't know if I need a different hrt or what. today is better but not great, yesteray was really bad. I guess I'll find out 11/19 & see what dr. says. good luck to you, I hope you do better than I have been lately.

Terry
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:12 AM

Sisters,

My doc said I was a risk for HRT (age and other medical factors). First 10 days after surgery I was emo (14 year old son's term). Went back to using Klonopin and Ambien at night and for the most part have been good. I will never go on hormone therapy and probably will not miss it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register