Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Violetbear4, I had my TAH a day before you and they didnt put me on any HRT. My doctor said to wait till the symptons started and then we would discuss what to do. So far, nothing, except i felt a bit nauseous and headachey yesterday, have had a couple of weepy days earlier on in the recovery but no hot flushes or anything. I just turned 51 and dont feel in the slightest bit sorry that they took everything out - like you said, we dont want any more children so it was all surplus to requirements anyway! It wont change our femininity, it wont change us as people, it will just release us from the torment that went before the operation when we still had all that stuff inside us! So get on the hormones, honey and look forward to a happy pain free future. I know its easier said than done when you feel like hell and think all is hopeless but just try to think positive - you are WELL again and you aren't going through anything that wouldn't have happened anyway. My thoughts are with you and if I could send some strength and happiness to you, I would gladly do so. All will be well - just keep repeating that to yourself xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 03:48 AM

free4ever, the icon is just something you can click on to report to the site that someone has said something you find offensive. i cant imagine anyone on this site being offensive!
xxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-12-2007, 04:13 AM

So sorry to hear you have to have another surgery.When my gyno told me I needed a hysterectomy...severe endo and cervix had terrible infection...post op pathology confirmed that.But no cancer.But when we decided to go ahead with surgery she told me flat out...she would not go in unless I agreed to have everything removed.Due to major cancer in my family.As long as I didn't want anymore children there was no reason to keep ovaries.I am so glad I listened.You will get thru all of this and then you will be on the mend.I know it seems long but time does heal.And she also told me that GOD guides her hands thru surgery which helped me feel better.I am in my fifth week out and still have some aches and pains.But these pains are better than ones I had before surgery.I was sick for 10 months before hyster.Sorry to hear about your misfortune but keep in mind everything happens for a reason and you will make it thru.GOD doesn't give you more than you can handle.Hes good that way.My well wishes and prayers go out to all my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2007, 04:25 AM

My doctor doesn't want to see me until the 27th of November (6 weeks) - i think its down to the doctor themselves and possibly what you have had done and if there were complications. 6 weeks seems to be quite normal. I am sure they would respond immediately if you felt you needed advice before this.
Liz
Unread 11-12-2007, 06:29 AM

Hi Free4ever,
I'm sorry to hear you have to go back to surgery, but glad your cancer was found in an early stage. I wish you a successful surgery, a clean bill of health, and a smooth recovery.

Take care,
Linda
Unread 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free4ever
Hi ladies:
Why is there an icon on the upper right hand corner of all the posts; when you place your cursor under it, it reads "bad posts?" What does that mean? Much love!!
I just put my curser on the icon and it said "report bad post" so I am guessing that means if someone has posted something out of the ordinary that shouldn't have been posted then we can "report" that. IDK, hope that helps.

Also, I'm going for my post op follow up appt today at 2:30. I'll report my status afterwards. As for right now, I'm at work. Can't stay home any longer! Still have the need to lay down and rest. Pain is minimal right now. Only hurt when I've been up too long.
Have a great day ladies...Peace!
s
Unread 11-12-2007, 05:37 PM

free4ever, I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I am praying for your health and quick recovery.

I think the hormones are getting to me too. Been weepy and had the WORST night sweats last night! I had to get up in the middle of the night and change my nightgown and sheets! Ugh!

Is it normal that I'm still having pain and so much pressure at the end of the day? Yesterday I did a lot more than usual, but I did not exactly expect to feel so bad three weeks post op. I thought I'd vacuum this week, but I guess that is not going to happen..........anyone else still feeling pain at the end of the day? Am I just expecting too much?

Hope you ladies are all doing well and hanging in there.

Christine
Unread 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Christine

You are not alone - im haveing all the same issues and im starting week 4 tomorrow -

I think we as woman always expect to much - i was told not to vacuum for at least 6 weeks - easy for them to say - but if we want to get better i guess we have to do what we are told.

the last 3 days i have had alot of pain in my left side which is where my incision is feels like i pulled something - but i think its just healing.

We just have to find some patients
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Well, 4 weeks today, and no pain meds today ... whooohooo!! Though I did have to buy 1 more box of pantyliners today ... boooohoooo!!!!!!!
Christine, this is the first day I've made it the whole day with nothing (knock on wood, haven't gone to bed yet! ) so don't be too down on yourself. I guess the docs really do know what they are talking about when they say 4-6 weeks. Though I must say, I was really hoping more for the 4 rather than the 6! Each day will get a little better, with the not-so-great days coming fewer and farther between. I am feeling a lot better than I was even a few days ago, definately better than a week ago. I am even noticing a drop in the number of posts on our week thread here, I'm guessing that is becuase some of our sisters are doing that well, and reconnecting with their lives again. It really will be you too before you know it.
In the meantime, name those dust bunnies, they make better company that way!!
Unread 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Hi girls, today is 3 weeks and 2 days for me. I feel really great. I keep forgetting that it has not been that long since the surgery. I went for a walk but had to cut it short cause I could feel some resistance down below. I have to confess.....I vaccumed..... I really tried not to but I was mad about something and whenever I get mad my therapy is cleaning. I was very careful and vaccumed very slowly. I felt guilty afterwards, I'll try not to do it again until DR says it's ok.

DH is having sad times now cause he thinks things should resume in the bedroom and there is still a few more weeks to go. Is anyone else having the same issues with their DH??? After 16 years of marriage and a healthy sex life it's hard to put things on hold for so long. Any suggestions???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register