Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Hey ladies!

I had a TAH/BSO on 10/15 and I'm still having terrible pressure/pain when I'm on my feet alot. Unfortunately, that is most of the time because I don't have help around home as DH travels alot and my 12 y/o is useless!

I feel intense pressure and discomfort in my pelvis/pubic bone area. Anyone else have this after a month, and I wonder if I'm doing any damage? I don't lift anything, etc., but I am on my feet cooking, dishwasher duties, packing lunch, light laundry, cleaning bathroom (gently), etc.

How much activity are you gals doing?? I seriously don't know what to do as I have no family here in the state to help out...not even right after the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSH112
Hey ladies!

How much activity are you gals doing?? I seriously don't know what to do as I have no family here in the state to help out...not even right after the surgery.

I am doing very little. Light dinners and grocery shopping.
Can you afford to get someone to help you two times a week for a few hours to do some housework and laundry. Take it easy, a friend of mine overdid it and ended up back in the castle with lots of adhesions and an appendectomy. We really must take it easy and your body is telling you to slow down.
Order takeout for your son also.
Unread 11-14-2007, 01:41 PM

LSH112:
I question the same thing. I don't lift but am on my feet a lot too. My DR told me to increase my activity to start getting ready to go back to work. I continue with pressure in pelvis and where my cervix used to be. I can't call it "pain" tho.
We are leaving on a trip tomorrow, so I won't have a choice.....will be off my feet all day. I guess I'll see if that makes it better.
When in doubt, don't do it.
Pam had some great suggestions - you should try them.
Good healing everyone.
Love,
C
TAH - 16 week uterus, multiple fibroids, adeno, ovarian cyst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Ugh!! I feel crampy and cranky today. The pressure down low is annoying -- DH keeps saying I'm overdoing it, but I don't feel like I'm doing anything!!!

I'm realizing I have just over two weeks before I have to go back to work and that freaks me out. I'm still so tired........and sore on long days, if I move about too much. Why did the 6 weeks before surgery go by so much slower than the 6 weeks after?

I don't know if it's "menopausal" symptoms or what, but I'm just snapping at everyone and feel like I have no patience whatsoever!

BM's are getting more comfortble, although still not as regular as they used to be. Now that UTI is gone, urinating isn't painful, just still feels wierd at the "end".

I don't want to be a whiner, but my positive outlook is non-existent today -- where'd it go? Maybe it's because I'm getting bored and frustrated that I always have to ask for help with everything. I guess I would also like to enjoy some of this time "off", but I feel like I can't really go anywhere or do anything.

What are you all doing during the days?

Take care all, sorry for my crummy, cranky attitude!

Christine
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Dearest Christine....

So very sorry that you're having a rough day today.

Seems that the time between 3 weeks and 6 weeks post op is full of challenges. We're feeling better (most days) yet we're not supposed to be "back to normal" with our activities..... So what's a body to do????

It's so easy to get discouraged when things are not "normal" and you can't readily fix them.... Please just remember that today is only one day in this whole recovery thing.... Things may look "blah" for whatever reason right now.... just hang in there.... surely there will be better days too!!

I'm preaching to myself here as well -as I find myself teetering on the edge of what is okay to do -vs.- what I'm still not supposed to do. That, added to the hormone upheaval, makes for a lot of "yuck!" for lack of a better term. (I think you know what I mean!)

Anyway.... I'm just basically still trying to "behave" physically, rest as much as I can stand, fan these blasted hot flashes, and do a little more than I did last week unless my body protests too much.

If misery loves company, I'm right there with you dear! But be encouraged.... they all say that "this too shall pass"... We'll be back "in the real world" before you know it!!

Take care..... and chin up!!

Dinkum
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:48 PM

I keep telling myself, I feel so much better than I did 3 weeks ago.....Imagine how much better I'll feel in 3 more weeks!
I am freaking out about returning to work (12-3). I really do not know how I will be able to handle it......I'm on my feet most of the day and work at 150 MPH! Do people get only 6 weeks or how can I get 8 weeks?
Christine, I think a crummy, cranky attitude at this point is justified. No one likes feeling bored and ftustrated and helpless. Just know, this will pass. Read some of the posts regarding hysterversaries. They helped me.
Take care everyone.
Let's cook a light supper.
C
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I must be normal then...

Going through the same as the rest of you today. I was feeling so much better the past 2 days, I even posted I made it through the whole day Monday with not even a Tylenol. Made it most of the day yesterday but by evening I was feeling pretty yucky. We must just be getting cocky or something. I took the van for an oil change, picked up stuff for a birthday party, cleaned a bathroom (had just been driving me nuts!!) did a few loads of laundry, and made dinner. By then I was snapping at everyone, didn't even tuck the kids in bed as I was in misery on the couch. Today I am having everything from shooting pains (I think the word I have seen here is 'zinger'?) to mushy-feeling cramps... not one of my better days. My youngest DD (6yrs old) is starting to feel neglected that I don't pick her up and it makes me so sad. Had to have another mom help her on the monkey bars the other day while I just stood by and watched. SIGH... I am ready to get my life back. It will be 1 month tomorrow, and I feel like this is getting to be kind of old for everyone, they all think I should be 100% by now, me too! Today I'm trying to go little easier, went to bible study in the morning, came home and made cookies and read, helped distribute school fundraiser stuff in the afternoon (I was the chariperson for it) and that might be it for today. Frozen pizza is calling for dinner
BTW- I think maybe I am reading here a tad too much... the other night I had a dream that I had to start self-cathing. I was in the hospital (in my dream) and the doc there was one I used to work for many years ago, and he was flustered that he was going to have to show me how.
Hope our tomorrow is better than today, for those who have had a rough one. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Gosh, yeah, why is it that everyone thinks we should be back to normal by now since it's been a month? OMG, it's terrible. I'm sitting here looking at dishes that DH left for me to do, (I already made pork roast and scalloped potatoes - boxed potatoes though)! He just went upstairs and left me here! He'd better come back! LOL

My abdomen feels so heavy and sore, like it's about to explode, but NO ONE CARES! (Except you girls, of course!)

Someone suggested me getting paid help....I really can't afford it, but what the heck...I'm seriously calling Merry Maids tomorrow morning to schedule something! My house is filthy at this point with no attention for the last 4 weeks!
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM

I think Merry Maids is a grand idea. I'm gonna have them come in before Thanksgiving and Xmas. Love it!
C
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:02 PM

Hey girls, I'm glad to hear that some of you are having "moments" and I'm not just the only one. Physically I feel fine, I've been walking the last couple of days with good results. But....I'm soooooo bored.

My DH left on a trip for 4 days, so I'm at home with our twin boys. They are pretty good but they are BOYS! I resumed my position as "drummer" for our band. And we practised on monday night. I was surprised at how many abdominal muscles one uses when playing drums. (My husband and I have a Christian Rock band called "REVIVER" and we travel & sing all over. We're booked for London, England in January...)

I've decided to do some Christmas Cards early in order to keep myself from going crazy. Maybe some of you could do the same, this way you will feel somewhat useful. No matter what, don't feel bad for having moods.

Like my mother always used to say..."You have a right to feel the way you do, even if the way you feel isn't right.

Love on all of you,

Stirstick

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register