Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:10 AM
sleepless too

Hi bettybop,

I am having a very hard time sleeping as well, seems like each night it is getting more difficult. It seems like I read somewhere on here before my trip to the castle that it may be a problem, but I'm not sure. I save taking my Percocet until time for bed in hopes of it helping, it did 2 nights ago (only woke up twice during night but slept well otherwise), but last night I didn't go to sleep until 230am, after reading about 200 pages in a not so great book. Up at 630 to get kids ready for school. I'm thinking one more night of bad sleep and I will call my doc tomorrow. Any suggestions out there???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Javajane -- im doing the same with the percs and its not helping sleep wise -- im just sweating so much i cant sleep thank god my son is 18 and gets himself ready for school

i read here i forget the thread - that is last about a month - because the ovaries are "sleeping" ? i just keep telling my self when is all over it will be worth it -- I still feel so much better than I did before i went to the castle .
Unread 10-22-2007, 09:47 AM

I am at home recovering. Doing great so far; except for the pain in my abdominal area. I've felt very bloated, which I have been told that's normal. Going to the bathroom is not an issue anymore (Thank God!)
I am trying to stay down as much as possible, and that's the hard part. I'm working from home, and I have 4 kids. The oldest is 17 and is very much help. The youngest at 5 years old has even been wonderful. It's amazing that she understands I can't get up and do much.
I had an incredible experience in the hospital. I came home at 9pm of the same day my surgery was. I was doing great. Very little bleeding, and slight pain. I've mostly been uncomfortable. However my pain meds ran out last night, so I'm waiting to talk to the nurse about getting more. I don't want to be dependant on them, but I'm not going to sit in pain either. I'm glad everyone else is doing good too. Keep us updated on the progress. It's encouraging to hear of others' experiences. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Jazz2,
I'm 6 weeks out. I remember my first two weeks, I could not stand up completely straight. It will get better as you heal. I'm doing a lot better now. However, my hot flashes are back with a vengence! I'm calling my doc today to inquire about HRT of some sort. He mentioned the estrogen patch during my preop. He did tell me that after a hysterectomy, the ovaries (if you have any) take time to wake up, but I don't know how much longer I can go without sleep. HRT is very complicated, so I will ask him to check my hormone levels.
Unread 10-22-2007, 10:15 AM

Getting my staples out today (TAH/BSO on 10-16). Started "hot flashes / night sweats" in earnest last night. Wasn't sure that's what I was experiencing... Don't doubt it now! Got to "hang in there" as HRT is not an option for several weeks yet.

As for sleeping.... due to fibromyalgia issues, I was taking Ambien CR long before surgery... Am taking it now- Dr said it's okay with pain meds.... still, like several of you, I'm trying to save pain meds for nighttime.... Working pretty well so far.... but nothing like I'd hoped.

What's the general consensus on pain meds? (I already take Aleve 2x day- again for fibro issues) I do fairly well on 1/2 dosage of pain med throughout the day.... take 1 at night as I said earlier.... but am waking up with lots of soreness and burning on the left side of my incision during the early hours of the morning.... Haven't gotten that back under control yet today.

Just wondering if it's "within reason" to ask for a refill of pain meds at my visit today.... Don't want to come across as "addicted"... Any ideas?

Thanks, girls!

Dinkum
Unread 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM

my dr gave me 800 mg of motrin with 2 refills and percs no refills i take motrin during the day - only took 2 today and i take 2 percs at night - i wouldnt be afraid to ask for a refill.

I take the percs and im still having sleep issues mainly due to the sweating

its nice to have people to talk to going through the same thing so you know your not alone

Hang in there ladies
Unread 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Helo all. I had my LAVH on the 15th, home on the 16th. I had incredibly agonizing shooting pains in my shoulders for the first 2 days, apparently from the gas that is used in surgery having nowhere else to go. That was a surprise, but once I figured out what it was and how to move around to avoid it, it was not so bad. Otherwise, I've not been too uncomfortable but every day the bruises on my belly seem to spread a bit. Doc says I was doing too much (which was NOT much at all) and broke loose a blood vessel. It is hard to find the happy medium between walking a bit and taking it easy, but the posts on this site are a great encouragement to not overdo it. And I am so relieved to have the surgery done. Best to you all!
Unread 10-22-2007, 05:32 PM

Had surgery Oct 16 out patientI was held because "me-no-pee-pee" had to re cath.went home and started peeing in 2 hours.worst problem was a bowel movement ,felt worse a slight fever & tired day 5 .today was good bowels are working. Banditboo
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:01 PM

I'm four days post-op and doing really well. Today was a rough day b/c I didn't sleep well last night and have been really tired all day. My son had pre-K, a friend took him and brought him home, but my daughter (2) has been home w/ me all day ordering me around. I needed a nap desperately and didn't get one. So, I am going to bed early tonight and getting a good, solid, night of sleep.

Mostly I feel like I've done too many sit-ups.

I had an incredible hospital experience and had some AWESOME nurses. My biggest battle in the hospital was the catheter over night. Once it was removed I was so much happier. I had surgery Thursday morning and came home early afternoon on Friday.

I am SO glad I did this! I know that each day I will get better and better.
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:19 PM

I'm six days out from surgery, home for three whole days. I have started with the night sweats but they're not too bad. The thing that's killing me is the bowels! I *still* have trouble passing gas and BMs and I have to strain to completely empty my bladder.

I will be glad when that eases up a bit.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register