Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Bubbi,

I am at 5 weeks today TAH/BSO. I still have pain/discomfort on both edges of the incision. I'm not having as many night sweats but the hot flashes are terrible. I also have had a horrible headache that won't go away. I don't know about HRT because of the issue of having breast cancer in "06. I will have to talk to the Dr. when I go in for my post op visit next week. Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Hello sisters,
I am having such a bad week. Hormones are playing havoic on me, hot flashes, headaches, very moody and down. And, I still don't feel that great. I still have a lot of discomfort in my stomach when I walk. Is this normal. I thought by now I would be feeling wonderful. I will be six weeks next Tuesday and feel like crap still.
Unread 11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Gave up and gave in

Hello Sisters....

Don't know how many of you are "hanging in there" with HRT issues..... but I just "let go of the limb"!

I'm 44, had not gone through menopause and had TAH/BSO on 10/16 for endometriosis.... Doc wanted me to wait at least 2 weeks before HRT... said 6 weeks would be better.

I tried.... I really did..... But for my own sanity and that of my family who's trying to live with me... I called Doc yesterday and yelled for "help!". He's very understanding. Thank goodness! Said that since I am a small person, my reserve of estrogen has probably completely diminished by now..... (no duh.... ya think??)

He was more than willing to start me on HRT at a fairly small dose. I spent yesterday feeling "defeated" because I hadn't made it to the 6 week mark.... but today... I'm beginning to accept the "upside" in that I think I'm already starting to feel better! woo hoo! (My family is SO pleased!)

Anyway.... just posting my update..... Hope all of you are having more and more goods days.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Dinkum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 03:05 PM

Hi there sisters...I just had 6 week check up yesterday.She says everything inside looks great.One small spot that still needs to heal...not to bad I guess...I'm not having any hot flashes...knock on wood...just still very tired...still...at 6 weeks...I too thought I would be feeling like my old self by now...my incision doesn't hurt at all..but both of my sides hurt...Dr thinks I have been doing a bit too much...I guess I have considering we are moving Dec 1...I just keep hoping that my energy comes back soon..I have too much to do to be laying in bed....it will all be ok...I asked Dr about HRTs...she said I don't need them as of now...I don't have any menopause symptoms yet anyway...she said I may not have any or if I do they may be tolerable...I feel bad for those of you that are hving major symptoms..they don't sound like fun...well have a Happy Thanksgiving and keep up all the good work in your healing process...it does take time...6 weeks is d*****itely not enough time...
Unread 11-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Jodean: What does the doc say about your "short circuits"? Do you just live with those or are they something that requires treatment? I had bouts of palpitations a couple years ago (thought maybe they were from fluctuating hormones), then started having them again after my LAVH. They aren't happening as frequently as they did right after the operation, but sometimes my heart seems to skip so hard that it wakes me up! I'll ask my primary care doc about it eventually, but wondered what your doc told you?

I don't even have an outside incision and I cannot lay on either side, left because it is still covered with bruises and right because I get an inside burning ache all day if I lay on that side for even an hour. I am so tired of sleeping on my back, but someday we'll once again enjoy side sleeping, right?! Geez, I hope so.

Sisters, have a fabulous holiday and don't forget to put your feet up for at least a little while!

Lisa
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:02 PM

Hi Lisa,
Well my cardiologist said it has to do with my treatment that I take for my bleeding disorder. My family has history of heart defects. My mom had heart surgery when she was three years old for valve replacement, my son who is now 15, will be 16 next month was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, he was born without his left ventricle, which is hereditary.
I have had trouble with a heart murmur all my life. But never thought it would affect my son so severely. He is a canidate for heart and double lung transplant. Has been on list since he was born. He is stable enough after two heart surgeries and heart attack at three months. SO my stress level has alot to do with my heart palpitations and PVC's. Do check with you primary care physician it maybe due to low potassium or something as simple as recovery from surgery and stress of healing. BUt do check into it.
Let me know. I am trying to stay off my feet, but my teenager has other plans in mind for me since daddy is out of town... OH BOY !!!! LOL
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Sisters
Jodean
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone. I overdid it yesterday and today. It's a pity. Just when you start to feel better and do things, wham! It hits you. Have been off my feet tonight for almost 5 hours and am feeling better. Swelly belly and tenderness like a giant step backwards. Ugh.
I am cooking tomorrow but going to take it as easy as possible.
Love to you all.
Happy Holidays.
C
TAH, 16 week uterus, adeno, fibroids, left ovarian cyst
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:41 AM

Hello Sisters,
I'm right there with you all. I too still have slight pain and discomfort in and around the incision area and I thougth it should be gone by now. It will be 6 weeks on Tuesday, Nov 26th and I'm a little depressed. I still get hot/cold on and off and I have a headache, which I keep thinking is sinus pressure. I have sharp on/off pains in the incision area; but mostly on the right side, anyone else having this. I just want to get back to normal and it seems to be taking longer than I had hoped. I still get tired pretty quick and that's a little depressing, since I felt like I was in pretty good shape before the surgery. Thanks for giving me an ear to vent!!!!

My STD ends Dec 2nd but I think I'm going to ask my doctor to extend it another 2 weeks. I just don't think I'm ready to jump full time back to work.

Take care and Keep the Faith, Sisters. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Love ya,
Carolyn
Unread 11-22-2007, 11:28 AM

hi there i had my TAH / BSO on 22/10 i feel fine still sore around belly and heavy sensation usually later in the day - i drove for a short while today it was ok - bad mod swings and terrible hot sweats at night - so id say its quite normal good luck
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:49 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American sisters! We in Canada had our Thanksgiving last month so my week/weekend has been fairly laid back.

I am feeling really well, I dare say, almost 100%. I do find by the end of the day I am "really ready for bed" but other than that, I've had no pains, my abdomen feels quite normal. I do have a bit of burning at the end of urination, I think I might have a slight UTI but I am taking "cranberry" pills which seem to be helping alot.

I'm 5 weeks today (LAVH) Uterus and cervix were both taken but I kept my ovaries. I thought I might be having hot flashes at night until my husband left town for a few days and I realized that it's actually HIM that is having the hotflashes. I froze all three nights that he was gone. Is there such a thing as male menopause???LOL

Anyways, you girls take it easy and heal well. Life is toooo short to overdo it and then end up worse off. Enjoy each day, and each moment. Work will always be there for you when you feel better. Right now, make yourself the first priority and trust me, everyone else around you will survive.....(why do we as women think that the world will fall apart if we don't do everything!?! I always have to ask myself, How did God manage to create the earth without me???)

Have a great day and may God's grace be with all of you as His mercies are new every morning!!!

Love always,

Stirstick

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register