Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Glover:
Yes, multiple fibroids with the biggest being 5CM. Also, adeno which I guess caused my 16 week sized uterus. After reading my report, I know I made the right decision. It also stated reactive squamous metaplasia which I looked up and read "pre malignant". So, I will have a long talk with my DR tomorrow. I'm nervous about asking for more time.......but it never hurts to ask. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi all, today was first day back at work. I'm a rural carrier for the Postal service and guess what time of year it is???!!! Anyway I had a 9 hour and 20 minute day, about average for this time of year. I did ok, I stood for about 5 hours throwing mail and preparing it for the road, then I load it in my jeep and go deliver it all. the standing was tough today but I just put on my MP3 player and threw for all I was worth.
As my day went on my pain got less my swelling got more but I was sure it would. Will keep you all posted. I was so bad off before the surgery and didn't even realize it, going back to work is easier than I ever thought it could be.
I am also with Lizzie on the first sex experience after surgery, it was great we went slow and not too deep but we were both relived to have no pain, it was great. ( I can't believe I just posted about my sex life) Thanks all, dont fear what is to come it isnt going to get the best of you.!!!!!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey all, I just had my almost 6 week checkup today. Everything is healing up nicely, and I've been cleared for the tub, jacuzzi, sex and light exercise. I've already been back at work part time ( boss HAD to go to deer camp 2 weeks ago). A few hours in the office, a few at home. It was a bit tough, but I figure I might as well get used to it. I still can't imagine sitting for 8 hours in the lousy chair we have, but I'll just see how it goes. I do get sore, and swollen some days, but then try to lay down and take it easy.
The Dr. said all is looking OK, although we may be looking at another surgery further down the road ( much further). I'm not dwelling on that, and just glad that the worst is over. She said, "enjoy getting to know your husband again, but take it EASY". Exercise is OK, but use your common sense. Work is fine, but don't over do. In other words- just use your common sense. She did comment that I have a very high threshold for pain, and of course, a very good surgeon. I've had a few hormonal issues- which she says can happen for several months while the body is adjusting. So we're going to keep on with the HRT I'm currently on for another month and see what happens. Have to return in 3 months for a pap (still a bit of cervix left after all- it was adhered to the bladder, they were afraid of more damage if they tried to cut any more). It will take time, but I'll be so much better than before- and I was just excited to hear that the healing is going well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by java jane
Hi all!
Just got back from my 6 week checkup. and the doc said everything has healed well and I'm good to do whatever...yeah!! I think I will ease back into some of these things (the gym, picking up my 6 yr old, etc) but I feel like I have a new lease on life today!!! My DH has been very patient and helpful all this time, but last night he casually looks over and says "So, your check up is tomorrow?" Now, he has not asked about any of my other appointments, I just looked at him and laughed. I'm guessing we have big plans for tonight!
Anyway, I had asked for a copy of my pathology and surgery reports, and got both of those today. My doc had told me everything was fine/normal with the surgery, so I was surprised to read my reports. I have to say I have been dealing with some guilt over having my hyst because my problems were not nearly as dramatic or debilitating as many of you other sisters. Long cycles (~10-14 days, but sometimes less) every 24 days, but not super heavy or painful. Spotting between cycles. Had a few D&C's which didn't work for more than a few months, and unresponsive to BCP's for more than a few months. But none of my docs could ever find a reason for this, and I was feeling like I just kind of wimped out and was somehow just defective. Turns out it was adenomyosis, as well as the tube they removed with a benign cyst. Guess I am the only person in the world to be happy it was "something", rather than just "me".
Also in the surgery report, I noticed they had trouble with my catheter in surgery (slight trauma to the urethra during cath insertion) so no wonder I was in pain with it afterward! Oh well, it's done and over, and I'm fine now.
So now I am off to clean house, guess I'm good to go for that as well now... sigh....
Hope all the rest of you have good checkups this week as well!
BTW, my doc did both a manual internal exam as well as with the speculum, it wasn't too bad, just some pressure. Did feel kind of crampy afterward, but not what I would call pain. He also said I come back in 1 year for "pap", and as long as everything is OK, I only have to go in every 3 years.
Good luck all and keep us posted!!
Hi Java!

I know what you mean about everyone's reasons for having surgery. I felt a bit strange about mine too. I had a total hysterectomy - Ovaries, tubes, cervix and womb - (my doc didnt want to leave my ovaries in cos it can increase the risk of them going cancerous and then they are more difficult to get out later cos of scarring inside and I am 51 so i certainly dont need them any more) but all i had before were terrific migraines, very heavy bleeding and lots of it - like 3 periods in 6 weeks and very heavy and quite painful with lots of clotting. Plus i had a large fibroid which was pressing on my bladder and occasionally made me incontinent - very horrifying! My quality of life was NOT good and so I was very pleased to get rid of it all and I have to say I now feel wonderful apart from the twinges and aches of overdoing things and the utter exhaustion which I know will pass. But it makes me feel a bit of a fraud when I read about people's cancer and endometriosis etc. Still, I guess it cured me of all my troubles so now i just look forward to a few years of turning bright red and wanting to strip from the heat!!!
Take care and enjoy your husband - it will be fine! Like the internal your doc gave you, you might feel a bit crampy afterwards - i did, but it soon passed. xxxxx
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamisuze
Hi all, today was first day back at work. I'm a rural carrier for the Postal service and guess what time of year it is???!!! Anyway I had a 9 hour and 20 minute day, about average for this time of year. I did ok, I stood for about 5 hours throwing mail and preparing it for the road, then I load it in my jeep and go deliver it all. the standing was tough today but I just put on my MP3 player and threw for all I was worth.
As my day went on my pain got less my swelling got more but I was sure it would. Will keep you all posted. I was so bad off before the surgery and didn't even realize it, going back to work is easier than I ever thought it could be.
I am also with Lizzie on the first sex experience after surgery, it was great we went slow and not too deep but we were both relived to have no pain, it was great. ( I can't believe I just posted about my sex life) Thanks all, dont fear what is to come it isnt going to get the best of you.!!!!!!

Pamisuze - BE CAREFUL! I am so scared to think of you throwing mail around, driving around and doing a 9 hour day! you MUST try and pull back a bit. you might hurt yourself. God, here is me, afraid to lift the vacuum up the stairs and you are doing all that. I hope you are ok, honey.
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:04 AM

Java Jane,
I received a copy of my pathology report but only got page 1 of 2; I'm going to ask for a copy of page 2 as well. You mentioned a surgery report; is that different from the pathology report? If so, I'm going to ask for a copy of it as well.

My 6 week post op visit went well; however, I'm still having severe pain on the left and right side of my incision when I'm on my feet for 1 hour or more so my doctor extended my STD another 2 weeks and gave me another prescription for motrin. I'm really happy about that. Still have some minor on/off pain at the end of urination but nothing major. I wish the swelly belly and tiredness would go away soon!!!

I'm glad your visit went well and that you are feeling better.

Take care and God Bless,
glover07
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:17 AM

Leaves,
Thanks so much for the info. After reading my pathology report it sounds so much like yours; cervix was squamous metaplasia; uterus was chronic endometritis, myometrium and leiomyomata. I'm still researching what it all means but I'm glad I had the surgery. Let me know how your visit goes and take care!

God's speed,
glover07
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie122
Pamisuze - BE CAREFUL! I am so scared to think of you throwing mail around, driving around and doing a 9 hour day! you MUST try and pull back a bit. you might hurt yourself. God, here is me, afraid to lift the vacuum up the stairs and you are doing all that. I hope you are ok, honey.
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lizzie, the vacuum is probably alot heavier than anything I'm lifting so don't lift it yet. I load my own trays so make them only as heavy as I can lift, as far as parcels my supervisor told me honk and stall ( I usually honk and jump from car and head to door) then slowly get out of car and hopefully the people will come out before I get all that done, she is a pip. I did nothing yesterday that made me think ohno this could hurt me. I was surprised that I had a hard time sleeping last night after my 1st long day but I feel fine this morning, less stiff than when I was staying at home which makes me think I should have been walking more than I was while recooping, live and learn I guess. Thank you for your concern and don't lift that vac yet!!!!! Pami
Unread 11-28-2007, 07:27 AM

Glover07:
The surgical report is different from the pathology report. It details the surgery......starting with operative findings (what was visibly seen by the DR), procedure (the patient was taken to the operating room and placed in the dorsal supine position...........which continues detailing the operation). The pathology report states the findings on the specimens given (uterus, ovaries, tubes). The pathology report is probably the most important so unless you really want the surgical report you have the information you need.
Feeling good today. See my DR tomorrow.
Love to all.
C
Unread 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM

Leaves,
Thanks for the info. Did you get a copy of your surgery report? I think I would like to have it just for my peace of mind.

Good Luck tomorrow and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
glover07

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register