Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 15-Oct 22,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamisuze
Lizzie, the vacuum is probably alot heavier than anything I'm lifting so don't lift it yet. I load my own trays so make them only as heavy as I can lift, as far as parcels my supervisor told me honk and stall ( I usually honk and jump from car and head to door) then slowly get out of car and hopefully the people will come out before I get all that done, she is a pip. I did nothing yesterday that made me think ohno this could hurt me. I was surprised that I had a hard time sleeping last night after my 1st long day but I feel fine this morning, less stiff than when I was staying at home which makes me think I should have been walking more than I was while recooping, live and learn I guess. Thank you for your concern and don't lift that vac yet!!!!! Pami
Ok then - thank goodness. i was picturing you heaving huge parcels and riding over rocky terrain - like the pony express! I am glad you are feeling so good. I am too but I carried some shopping to my car today and started to feel twinges and aches. When will this ever end!

take care xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Glover07:
Yes, and reading it I found out the cyst on my left ovary ruptured while they were "manipulating" my reproductive system - after the incision my report reads "the uterus was elevated through the abdominal incision and the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes were inspected." It is sort of gruesome to read all the details of the surgery but you may learn something and you definately have the right to have the report. I got mine from the hospital - no charge, but call them first to make sure there is no charge.
I decided to ask my MD for 1 more week off and then week 8 return at 1/2 days. I feel that would be the thing to do for me. Will let you know.
Have a great day.
C
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Leaves,
Thanks for the info. Take care and good luck.

God Bless,
glover07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
It will get better, right ???

Wellll, last night was the big night. My doc cleared me to return to 'all' activities yesterday, and DH couldn't get the kiddos to bed fast enough. I think he would have had them all in bed by 7pm if he could have ...lol.
We went slow, and DH was exceptionally patient seeing as it's been a while and all, but I am sure hoping for a little less pain. It wasn't excruciating, though I did cry when my "o" came. Afterward, just some sharp pains in the lower left ab area and burning type pain/sensation inside. DH felt awful and thinks I will never want to again. I kept telling him (and myself) that it might just take a few times for things to smooth out, but my overactive imagination is running away with me and I'm afraid it just won't be the same. Maybe I should have that glass of wine or 2 before next time to relax...
Guess I'm just needing some reassurance from some sisters that it will get better???

glover07- I got my op report as well as my path report as I am just a nosey kind of gal, especially when it comes to my own body... I wanted to know what was going on. Now that I see there was a problem with my foley cath during surgery, I can understand why it was so painful afterwards, though why noone could have told me that I don't know. I think I would have been slightly more patient with the whole cath thing if they had just said there had been a little trouble with it during surgery.

Anyway, hoping everyone is having a great day today, I noticed such a big turn (for the good) in week 6, even more so than week 5. I feel like for the most part I am seeing that light at the end of the tunnel!!
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by java jane
Wellll, last night was the big night. My doc cleared me to return to 'all' activities yesterday, and DH couldn't get the kiddos to bed fast enough. I think he would have had them all in bed by 7pm if he could have ...lol.
We went slow, and DH was exceptionally patient seeing as it's been a while and all, but I am sure hoping for a little less pain. It wasn't excruciating, though I did cry when my "o" came. Afterward, just some sharp pains in the lower left ab area and burning type pain/sensation inside. DH felt awful and thinks I will never want to again. I kept telling him (and myself) that it might just take a few times for things to smooth out, but my overactive imagination is running away with me and I'm afraid it just won't be the same. Maybe I should have that glass of wine or 2 before next time to relax...
Guess I'm just needing some reassurance from some sisters that it will get better???

glover07- I got my op report as well as my path report as I am just a nosey kind of gal, especially when it comes to my own body... I wanted to know what was going on. Now that I see there was a problem with my foley cath during surgery, I can understand why it was so painful afterwards, though why noone could have told me that I don't know. I think I would have been slightly more patient with the whole cath thing if they had just said there had been a little trouble with it during surgery.

Anyway, hoping everyone is having a great day today, I noticed such a big turn (for the good) in week 6, even more so than week 5. I feel like for the most part I am seeing that light at the end of the tunnel!!
Excellent - you got over that first hurdle AND had an O!! I didnt the first time - too anxious. But like you say - it gets better and easier. Pleased for you xx
Unread 11-28-2007, 03:23 PM

Java Jane

Now im scared - i go on the 7th to the DR and expect to get the all clear ... i still have alot of discomfort on the left side now - and driving (i have a stick) makes it worse - i cant imagine what sex is going to do - I can't wait to be intimate again but im so afraid of the pain.
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Jazz,
I know each of us is different... hoping you will have a wonderful time. I think part of me was just so nervous I did not allow myself to relax overly much. As I said, maybe next time that glass of wine before....
I'm hopeful I will be posting 'great' things here soon, as will you !!
Unread 11-28-2007, 04:05 PM

And Lizzie~
Thanks for the encouragement! Hoping for better and easier, as well as a big "O"
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Java Jane,
I was cleared for all activities on Nov 26th; except still be careful not to left anything too heavy. I still have severe on/off pain on left and right side of incision when I'm on my feet for 1 or more hours. Dr. extended my STD leave 2 more weeks. I hope the swelly belly and pain goes away by then.

I too am very nervous about having sex for the first time since my surgery. My hubby is as nervous as me. I believe one of the sisters also said it was a good idea to have a couple glasses of wine to relax first. I don't know actually when it will happen but my hubby just called on his way home to ask how I was feeling; wish me luck!!!!

You sisters are the best; I don't know how I would have made it this far without you!!!

Love you all,
glover07
(ABD HYST/removed uterus, cervix, fibroids/kept ovaries - 10/16/07)
Unread 11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
6 week checkup update

Hi Ladies...

Just returned from my 6 week post op check up and all is well! Dr. said that incision looks great... internal exam was so much LESS painful than it was with my endo issues before surgery. Dreaded most of today for nothing!!

Due to complications of hormone withdrawal, we started estrogen replacement last week. Dr. increased dosage today and told me to let him know how things progress so we can "tweak" the HRT as needed. I'm currently taking Premarin .45 each morning. Will try doubling that dose by taking one each evening as well.

I have a question for you ladies who are taking HRT.... do you split your dosage and take it twice a day..... or just take a larger dose once per day??? And how is HRT working for you??

Hoping that all of you with check-ups approaching will get good reports.... Don't do like I did and dread the exam thing.... it turned out to be a piece of cake!! Praying that yours will be the same.

Take care, girls.... and don't rush back into the real world at 100%..... let's take our time and ease back into things.... I think we'll all be really glad that we did!

Oh.... and the sex thing.... I think hubby is more apprehensive than I am. Doc said just to take it easy and not to be alarmed about slight bleeding and/or discomfort afterwards for the first few weeks. So we'll "proceed with caution" and hopefully enjoy getting to "know" one another all over again. woo hoo!!!

Dinkum

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register